fooking tesco's new id on alchohol

wazok

Member ++
Reaction score
just been to my local tesco's with my daughter to get a bit a shopping and a few stellas
got to the till and they refused to serve me because my 13 year old daughter didn't look 18, and said i needed i'd for her,,,,,,,,,how fookin stupid is that,

just been to my local tesco's with my daughter to get a bit a shopping and a few stellas
got to the till and they refused to serve me because my 13 year old daughter didn't look 18, and said i needed i'd for her,,,,,,,,,how fookin stupid is that,

What did they say when you told them the beer was for you?
I cant get my head round this one .lol

Nothing would surprise me now !!!!!
That is just mad m8

they said i still need i'd for my daughter,,,,,,,, i was fuming ,the chechout girl said she dont look 18,,,,,i said i know shes not 18, the beer is for me,then then departy manager,,,,,,,stood by her decission,,,, whilst waiting for the manager i just left,,,very angry,,,,,,,no stellas

they said i still need i'd for my daughter,,,,,,,, i was fuming ,the chechout girl said she dont look 18,,,,,i said i know shes not 18, the beer is for me,then then departy manager,,,,,,,stood by her decission,,,, whilst waiting for the manager i just left,,,very angry,,,,,,,no stellas

That is so fooked up mate..
What a bunch of wallopers.

They've got that totally wrong. They've fecked up big time there. I'd make a formal complaint to their head office.

There was an identical situation to this reported in a national newspaper a few weeks back. Its some policy they have now...even though it is fcking idiotic!

Definitely.

Mention stuff like being humiliated & embarrassed in front of a crowd of people, you're scared to go out of the house now etc.

Score yourself lotsa free stellas :Cheers:
my daughter said she aint going tesco's with me again, she thinks its her fault

i smell bullshit . sorry :)

***** i take it back apologies to the Op

Last edited:
Happened in Manchester too.

Woman I know had to leave Tesco with 16 year old girl, then come back in on her own.

It's definitely policy, or the misuse of policy.

Two Tescos near me had their license suspended earlier this year, so they are obviously swinging the pendulum to far the other way.

didnt serve me with the missus and boy (whos 11) there because the missus didnt have any id with her. silly really. i know they got to protect themselfs but then theres a point where common sense comes into it

Woman I know had to leave Tesco with 16 year old girl, then come back in on her own.

she must be an alcoholic lol

Mozr, if me and you boycott tesco's alcohol products there's a chance they'll change the rules ;)

Happened in Manchester too.

It's definitely policy, or the misuse of policy.

Two Tescos near me had their license suspended earlier this year, so they are obviously swinging the pendulum to far the other way.

That is just mad m8.next will be the pub!!!

Last edited:
So if I go shopping with my 4 year old in tow,and I grab a 4 pack of beers.

TESCO are within their 'rights' to refuse the sale?

What if I need a tube of Superglue or a new kitchen knife?

:err:

BOLLOX

Last edited:
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

So what's the difference between me buying alcohol with my 9 year old son in the supermarket, and getting Tesco's online to deliver it to you house that my son lives in. Are they going to check my house to see if there are any underage people there??? No.

Fecking idiotic. Some top brass in Tescos needs sacking for this stupid rule

Back