Food banks

Watched some news program about food banks last year. The thought of people going hungry sends a shiver down me.

However watching this program i noticed some of the visitors using mobile phones. Now are these taking the piss and getting what they can or are they genuine people needing help ? Anyone prioritising a phone and contract before food and then expecting help is taking the piss.

Gotta agree, everybodies outgoing are on the up and up while wages remain the same and some go down. When you have bailiff companies on the rise working for companies and councils alike then food drops down the pecking chain. One thing I would implement is , free breakfast and dinners for all school kids. at least they'll a guaranteed 2 meals a day.
And to fund it ?, let's not send as much money overseas to the likes of Nigeria one of the richest countries in Africa. The vast majority of foreign millionaires in London come from Nigeria. We send over £3 billion a year in foreign aid for education and health while our schools and health service slowly collapse around us.
Give it 5 years the health service will implode while we give £1.5billion to overseas countries health services in some of the richest countries on the planet. Their governments must be sniggering when the check lands, on about taking the p:iss.

When are politicians gonnas listen and learn ?, UK tax payers of this land would like a bit more putting back in rather than sending abroad. The worse one I know is, child benefit. We send over £600,000 a week and vast majority kids in Poland. A TV documentary showed this woman starting a business up in Poland with the money she was been sent by her husband. If I worked in Poland would they send my child £80 a month ? pmsl

Charity starts at home

However watching this program i noticed some of the visitors using mobile phones. Now are these taking the piss and getting what they can or are they genuine people needing help ? Anyone prioritising a phone and contract before food and then expecting help is taking the piss.

I use top work in council repairs maintenance and believe you me, I went into houses with no carpet , dogs and animals all over the gaff which also need feeding, the place like a tip, no wallpaper but then a 55" SONY HD TV stood in the corner, say a PS3 , Xbox and iphones on charge. You just cant feel sorry when you see that. But then I saw single mums trying to look after the place with no money at all kids on beans and toast everyday. A m8 went back once and painted a woman's kitchen he felt that bad,

I don't think it had anything to do with her been single and fit as f++k :):)

Watched some news program about food banks last year. The thought of people going hungry sends a shiver down me.

They might need a phone mate kids in school doctors that sort of thing

I have to agree with Ferret, some are walking around with £500-£700 , £30-£50 a month contracts when all's you need is a fiver phone and a couple of a quid a month contract but they wouldn't be seen dead with it. I got a train the other day and this fat troll in front stunk, looked like a tramp while on an iPhone x , you tell me, It's all about prioritising. I've been in some houses, their all smoking and it resembles Chester zoo who all need feeding while their kids look like their from a third world country.
Don't get me wrong, there are lots who fall foul to debt through health or out of work and before they know it their only option is a food bank. But you tend to find that the majority of the time these people have still some self esteem and pride and tend not to use it. Go in a high street coffee bar and look who's drinking outside ? say no more

My Dad once said to me
"See him over there, shitted up clothes holes in his pants and jacket smoking the cig?. There is no need for him to look like that, block of carbolic soap from the market 10p, needle thread 10p but he'll spend on cigs ?., you cant help him because he can't help himself" and that has stuck with me through life.

They might need a phone mate kids in school doctors that sort of thing

I know what id prioritise mate food for my family, some were probably snap chatting pics of what they had. Sorry electronics are well down the pecking order when you need to eat.

Free breakfast and dinner for the kids in need is a great idea. This government however believe all our kids are obese and introduced a sugar tax so i dont see them recognising some families may need help feeding their children.

My wife works as a volunteer in food banks as well as a the CAB etc you wouldnt believe some of the heartbreaking stories of the elderly, disabled, ex squaddies and also young families have. We only hear about the scammers , jesus their even making programs about it on the beeb to convince us all that theyre all scammers and theyre taking from us. Split and devide is a clever ploy by the tories. The Phone saga I know of one lad who actually got his benefit sanctioned (stopped) because he could not be contacted by the job centre on the telephone as he didnt have a house phone and his pay as you go mobile wasnt working. I gave him my old HTC and put a 10er on for him. I seen my wife leave work at the CAB and actually buy people sandwiches at the shop across the rd because they are starving. Ive also known her go and buy a boot load of shopping and deliver it to someone. Not everybody is on the fiddle, very very few are all though as said the tories make you think theres millions. As for TVs etc. My mate with the phone has a large screen TV that he bought while working, when he owned his own home, had a nice car and had nice clothes etc. unfortunately because of losing his job he's lost almost everything but what he does have left were all bought and paid for while working.

My wife works as a volunteer in food banks as well as a the CAB etc you wouldnt believe some of the heartbreaking stories of the elderly, disabled, ex squaddies and also young families have. We only hear about the scammers , jesus their even making programs about it on the beeb to convince us all that theyre all scammers and theyre taking from us. Split and devide is a clever ploy by the tories. The Phone saga I know of one lad who actually got his benefit sanctioned (stopped) because he could not be contacted by the job centre on the telephone as he didnt have a house phone and his pay as you go mobile wasnt working. I gave him my old HTC and put a 10er on for him. I seen my wife leave work at the CAB and actually buy people sandwiches at the shop across the rd because they are starving. Ive also known her go and buy a boot load of shopping and deliver it to someone. Not everybody is on the fiddle, very very few are all though as said the tories make you think theres millions. As for TVs etc. My mate with the phone has a large screen TV that he bought while working, when he owned his own home, had a nice car and had nice clothes etc. unfortunately because of losing his job he's lost almost everything but what he does have left were all bought and paid for while working.
Nice shaun. Good to see a family that cares

I agree shaun , I'm not saying those who use food banks are "on the fiddle" ,I just think those who are desperately in need need to be weeded out from those who aren't. I worked in both water lead replacement water pipe so I spent a lot of time in peoples homes and believe you me, there are some really hard working struggling people but on the same token some scruffy lazy arse people who wouldn't move of the sofa with a JCB back bucket.
I went in one house and I would take sarnies to work to save on spending on dinners and this family about 7 of them with pets galore rambling all overt the show were living in this house like squatters sent the young teenage lad to the chippy with £40 for lunch for all 7. My point is, the benefit clinging scroungers need to have some benefits stopped and the money given to those your missus works with Shaun.

Another , child benefit for first 3 kids , 4 get nothing. 1 couple nr me got 6 kids 23 years old both never worked and she pregnant. They will never work because the more they have, the more they will get given. She was talking to a friend , they've all been diagnosed with one ailement or another , kerrr f**kin ching

Last edited:
I agree shaun , I'm not saying those who use food banks are "on the fiddle" ,I just think those who are desperately in need need to be weeded out from those who aren't. I worked in both water lead replacement water pipe so I spent a lot of time in peoples homes and believe you me, there are some really hard working struggling people but on the same token some scruffy lazy arse people who wouldn't move of the sofa with a JCB back bucket.
I went in one house and I would take sarnies to work to save on spending on dinners and this family about 7 of them with pets galore rambling all overt the show were living in this house like squatters sent the young teenage lad to the chippy with £40 for lunch for all 7. My point is, the benefit clinging scroungers need to have some benefits stopped and the money given to those your missus works with Shaun.

Another , child benefit for first 3 kids , 4 get nothing. 1 couple nr me got 6 kids 23 years old both never worked and she pregnant. They will never work because the more they have, the more they will get given. She was talking to a friend , they've all been diagnosed with one ailement or another , kerrr f**kin ching
Sounds like a load of bull. £40 for chip. Have a look at what these people are living on its pennies but stories like yours will keep the channel 4 or 5 brigade rubbing their hands going look told you.

Man o Man

read most the posts, I think the system needs to turned upside down on the benifits.
Does not matter its tories or labour all the are intersted is making the figures look good.
why would any 1 go work for £100 when he/she gets £90 for not working.
I been working all my life and yet never had 2 holidays in a year.
Family with 4 kids living on same street NOT working have for last 3 years( I have been on the same street for 5 years)
overseas aid is a joke
The benifit should be for basic needs.
Smoke if you want to BUT WHEN YOU WORK
Drink if you want BUT WHEN YOU WORK
Large tele BUT WHEN YOU WORK
xbox/ps234 BUT WHEN YOU WORK

makes me sick work 40hrs a week and worse of then someone on dole/benifits/credits

It isn't the great benefits that make working unattractive, it's the shit wages that make benefits appear attractive to some. Yes, there will always be those who don't want work or can't work but you can't tar everyone with the same brush. Certainly not on appearances..........

" I got a train the other day and this fat troll in front stunk, looked like a tramp while on an iPhone x " Was this person carrying a placard saying " I am on benefits" or did you just make an assumption based on the person's' appearance? Think I know the answer.

I lost my job because of knee replacement surgery. Didn't work out brilliantly so I'm very limited as to what I can do or apply for. My benefit is £73.10 per week. I am typing on a gaming pc which I built a couple of years ago for approx £2000 whilst listening to my 4k tv in the background which cost £800+ just over a year ago. I dress very smartly and have money in the bank.

I bought these items and others whilst claiming benefits as I was being penalised financially for having worked and saved up. I can still pop out for a pint or a takeaway whenever I fancy but my savings take a hit every week. Unlike @khan I haven't worked all my life, I didn't start till I was 15 years old and last worked 3 years ago when I was 59.
"makes me sick work 40hrs a week and worse of then someone on dole/benifits/credits" Then resign and start claiming benefits, post back in a month and let us know how much better off you are ;) Rant over

Man o Man

read most the posts, I think the system needs to turned upside down on the benifits.
Does not matter its tories or labour all the are intersted is making the figures look good.
why would any 1 go work for £100 when he/she gets £90 for not working.
I been working all my life and yet never had 2 holidays in a year.
Family with 4 kids living on same street NOT working have for last 3 years( I have been on the same street for 5 years)
overseas aid is a joke
The benifit should be for basic needs.
Smoke if you want to BUT WHEN YOU WORK
Drink if you want BUT WHEN YOU WORK
Large tele BUT WHEN YOU WORK
xbox/ps234 BUT WHEN YOU WORK

makes me sick work 40hrs a week and worse of then someone on dole/benifits/credits
So a family on £156 a week. That's what a family consisting of 2 adults 3 children live on excluding child benefit can afford 2 over seas holidays a year.. You sure????

It isn't the great benefits that make working unattractive, it's the shit wages that make benefits appear attractive to some. Yes, there will always be those who don't want work or can't work but you can't tar everyone with the same brush. Certainly not on appearances..........

" I got a train the other day and this fat troll in front stunk, looked like a tramp while on an iPhone x " Was this person carrying a placard saying " I am on benefits" or did you just make an assumption based on the person's' appearance? Think I know the answer.

I lost my job because of knee replacement surgery. Didn't work out brilliantly so I'm very limited as to what I can do or apply for. My benefit is £73.10 per week. I am typing on a gaming pc which I built a couple of years ago for approx £2000 whilst listening to my 4k tv in the background which cost £800+ just over a year ago. I dress very smartly and have money in the bank.

I bought these items and others whilst claiming benefits as I was being penalised financially for having worked and saved up. I can still pop out for a pint or a takeaway whenever I fancy but my savings take a hit every week. Unlike @khan I haven't worked all my life, I didn't start till I was 15 years old and last worked 3 years ago when I was 59.
"makes me sick work 40hrs a week and worse of then someone on dole/benifits/credits" Then resign and start claiming benefits, post back in a month and let us know how much better off you are ;) Rant over
Brilliant post mate.

Me and the wife have starting using them, just for the essentials, one still uses Waitrose for the finer foods though, much nicer people too.

When you think about spending more on a phone than your own clothes and general cleanliness then Houston !, yes you have a problem. I know one thing, if she's sat at side of someone at work smelling like that she wouldn't be in work for long. Oh and sorry for making an assumption I did forgot to mention the two kids sat at her side looking like Brazilian street children. This made me assume that probably the last time she worked would be when she opened the happy meal for her kids. My wife had kids and worked 40 hrs a week too many use the kids and the state as an excuse not to work.
Yes we have gadgets , but we work hard for them. When go through rough patches if needed we sell them and believe you me there has been in the past.
The whole point been, prioritise, I've been a huge number of these houses on a good few council estates and you would be shocked what some people can afford over working people which makes me puke.

Like said before , queuing at the food bank on a phone ?, if that were me the phone would be sold. I've sold my car and walked and bused in years gone by. I've pawned jewellery given by to me by my parents when needed all to keep my head above water while some just fire another child out.

I know one thing, my wife was never pregnant if either was out of work, unlike some its called planning a family what and when you can afford it.

I'm out of here, because someone is going to twist the sh!t out this thread Labour Tory the banks etc and the subject makes my p*ss boil. It's all about food banks for the needy, and other people prioritising, there are people who need it and some that take advantage of it. I'd like bet there's tales of some poeple going there then flogging it on for a fix, now that would be a shocker

not

(If it wasn't for the smackheads I'd never shave so close)

Last edited:
Its true some people do go and get a bag of food and you just know its gona be sold for a fix but thats the minority. I also know of a shop in the next village that buys all the items of anyone who wants to sell them for 10p a shot no matter what it is.. F...king disgraceful shop taking advantage but it happens and the reason they give is because no point having things that need cooking if you aint got the money to put on the leccy or gas to cook with. so they sell those things and buy stuff that they can eat cold.

Slightly off topic but where I used to work,excess food from some supermarkets etc was dropped off to the building of an evening,
The idea was that a local group would sort it into different boxes/crates and then distribute it to the needy,

Every morning after the drop off,everybody in the building would be asked if they wanted first dibs,bear in mind these were all working people who could not understand what was wrong with what they were doing no matter how i explained it to them :(

Needless to say I don't work there anymore.

Back