Flashing my htc desire and hd2

digital worldz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right have always had and flashed windows phones and although I have been considering putting android on my hd2 for the last 18 months or so have never got round to it.

I have just been over to xda developers and the databank of information there is so immense that I just got lost. I am also a bit scared to ask a noobie question on there ( you guys are much n icer, lol )

What I was rather hoping that some nice people on here could just point me to the correct way and software I need to do the following.

Put a custom rom on my htc desire that brings it bang upto date and gives me a couple more years out of it. I know you need to "root" it before flashing but what do I root it with exactly? Also what roms do you guys recommend for it?

I also would like to flash android onto my hd2. Thats about as far I have gotten with that one so if again I could be prodded in the right direction that would be great!!

Thanks guys. Remember I am a bit thick here

Have a read through this m8 and then if you could specify which part you cant get your head around we will try to help you through it,
I used to have a desire which I did all this to but it was a couple of years ago so not fresh in my memory :)

h**p://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=12540912&postcount=1

Absolutly superb link buddy. Exactly why I asked on here. Will be attempting this on the desire later on in the week so this looks like "everything under one roof" explanation.

My questions about the hd2 and preferred desire roms are still valid and would love some more input

Back