flash

casuk

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi I tryd to restore my vusolo back to an earlier build and the power cut off in the middle of it and it is just a green light on front iv been told to reflash I have the usb pen set up now do I power off then add pen( with openvix inside it) power box up and it will do the rest

Unzip the zip file and you will have vuplus folder and under the folder, you have another folder named after the model of your VuPlus set.
Copy vuplus folder (including all the sub folders and files in it) to root folder of an USB memory.
Turn off your VuPlus set and insert the USB memory to USB port on the set.
Turn on the set
For Solo: Update is done when green light blinks on the front panel.

I have done that and it just stays green light with nothing working do what you said lastnight could it be the usb pen

real box I think I got it from world of sat for £180

Try another USB stick mate and format it on PC before sending over the VU folder.

Make sure your killing power at plug insert usb stick power back on. Standby light should be read and turn green after flashing which can take upto 7 mins.

If you usb stick has a led if it flashing its a indication the VU is using it.

im trying it again re formatting the usb. what is happening is when I turn on stb with the usb inserted light comes on red for a 10th of a second then solid green and stays that way nothing is up on screen no input through hdmi or scart, and the usb light is solid not flashin it flashes twice when I first turn it on then its solid

Last edited:
You wont see anything on screen until it flashed and reboot mate.

By the sounds of it you VU is not reading the usb stick, make sure the image that you downloaded is ok by downloading again or another version.

iv tried build 649 still doing the same the usb im using is a transcened 4 gb

Try another build, and again another USB stick to make sure that's not the problem.

Do you have a null modem cable if you do as a last resort you could use the VU Util to flash it if you can find a nfi version of a image you'd like to flash.

try format FAT32 using this Format tool

Attachments

• SP27608.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
iv not got a null cable orderd 1 this morning the port on my laptop does not match the the null cable port (laptops a female port cable is female also) tryed that tool its sayin permission denied also the usb is formatting fine to fat32 throgh my laptop

iv not got a null cable orderd 1 this morning the port on my laptop does not match the the null cable port (laptops a female port cable is female also) tryed that tool its sayin permission denied also the usb is formatting fine to fat32 throgh my laptop

Run the tool as administrator.

I don't know what you mean and I don't no how to use this or how it works

nothing is happening just comes up allow permission I click ok and it disappears

got it formatting with hp tool then ill try another image and try flashin again im not holding my breath

still doing the same after hp format stb led red for a second then solid green usb is solid blue led no light flashing

Back