fixed dish on 28.2e and 13e help

Yer that picture was just picked up of google Its not really mine lol as you already know but theres lots of other posts on other forums reporting good success with multiple lnbs I am gonna get stuck in at the weekend and have a bash with the main 3

All I have is a cheap £8 sat finder though so I might stuggle a little but I will have a bash I will see how I get on and post results.

the dish offset arm also needs to be designed for extreme limits, i agree with pinky about the picture being just for show, as i fit loads of multisat systems, anc can tall you from experience that using the brackets shown on an orbital dish (which theyre designed to clip onto) getting 13 and 28.e is a nightmare as the astra2 LNB doesnt get enough height, and you have to DIY the LNB holders to get the offset LNB in the right place

its easier to usen a raven 70cm dish with a raven multi LNB arm to get 13/19/28 than it is to use an 80cm global with multi lnb arm to get just 13/28

so to use this arm with a zone2 minidish, which has a totally different LNB collar design, would be an absolute nightmare, especially without any form of signal strength/quality meter
thanks for the advice digidude, as i say i have a 64cm triax dish and a couple of lnb,s so id just need the triax 20 degree multi-bracket and a switch. i have fitted about 45 to 50 satellite systems as a hobby for freinds/ex work collegues and people from the somali/eritreia/polish communities here in bolton from freesat/80cm monoblock/1m motorised but have never actually tried a multi-lnb set up. i do have a proper triax/wolsey mk3 sat meter so i should be ok my only concern really is for the price of the multi-lnb set up i could probably get a darkmotor or something but i dont want to use a motor if i can avoid it as the dish is at the back of my flat and i dont want to cause noise to sleeping neighbours. if i was to want say 28.2/19.2/13/9 east sats which sat would you say to set the dish on?,19.2 or some other way?. im rambling on now so thanks for your input guys. regards

Most modern motors are whisper quiet mate, I doubt it would annoy the neighbours.

36v motors can be a little noisy though.

I've got to confess, I'm a little surprised to learn that a 60cm dish is capable of delivering good results when split between 28, 19 and 13 east, I'd have thought that dish size would have caused a lot of trouble, especially on rainy days, on all birds except the primary one.

Most modern motors are whisper quiet mate, I doubt it would annoy the neighbours.

36v motors can be a little noisy though.

I've got to confess, I'm a little surprised to learn that a 60cm dish is capable of delivering good results when split between 28, 19 and 13 east, I'd have thought that dish size would have caused a lot of trouble, especially on rainy days, on all birds except the primary one.
so you would advise a motor then?

yep i have a bag of them here

looking at the pic on ebay of the zone2 dish though, the actual LNB holder on the end of the arm that the new arm is joined to, is not a standard fitting for that type of dish, so you may need a bit of DIY and imagination to get it all hooked up

ill chuck one in the post for a tenner if you want m8

Thanks for the offer mate but am just going to make one on my CNC mill in work

....I'm a little surprised to learn that a 60cm dish is capable of delivering good results when split between 28, 19 and 13 east, I'd have thought that dish size would have caused a lot of trouble, especially on rainy days, on all birds except the primary one.
It may be different far north, but certainly 100% fine without problem in the majority of areas. :)

BIGHAIRYLIZZARD & MDT

If you guys do test out a multiple lnbs, please let us know the results. Im eager too go that route and enjoy faster channel change etc, Just a thought though I see wizard doing this

TRIAX 4 IN 1 MULTI BLOCK - £89.95 : Wizard Satellite, Satellite receivers, dishes, lnbs and equipment

still its hard to decide too either go multiple bracket/lnb route or just go moterised route ?

Looks over priced if you ask me a 4 lnb and a bracket £90 ? ? you think youd get the dish aswell :proud:

lol it is a bit too expensive....

Doesnt seem many are interested or gone for the multiple bracket/lnb route but from the sounds of things some have had good success with it.

Hi all

First time poster, but thought i'd contribute to the thread.

I've recently looked into a set up which would allow me to recieve 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e off the one dish. The other half wasnt too keen on having a massive dish on the front of the house so we agreed on a 60cm dish.

Installed not long back and all working fine. I have a 60cm ISS mesh dish with lnb bracket. 2 single lnbs pointing to 13e and 19.2e with a quad lnb on 28.2e. I have a sky hd box and sky+ box directly connected to 3 of the lnb outputs on 28.2e and one goes into the 4x diseq switch with the two feeds from 13e and 19.2e. These feed into my technomate tm500.

Had a few signal issues at first but after a bit of playing about, managed to get it working ok. The dish is focused on 19.2e.

Signal strengths as I type:
28.2E - 89%
19.2E - 84% - i would have thought this would be stronger as the dish is focussed onto this satellite!!
13.0E - 86%

Still, everything seems to be working OK so far. I dont have a great closeup of the dish, but I'm sure you can work it all out on the pic below.

Just my two cents - and its certainly workable on a 60cm dish!

multiple LNBs is brill for instant switching, but does limit your future choice of satellite, but, 13, 19, 28 carries a lot of channels, so whether looking for FTA stuff, if you have a sub card, or a line for connection to a server, there should always be something on worth watching on these 3 satellites

the new via patches/cams/card files also give more choice on 13/19 as well now

i had no idea this was doable!!

how can you get 2 sats that are that far apart (28.2 & 13) on a static dish!

has anyone got a link to where i can read on how to tune that in?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

the member bert-1 has a 90cm torroidal dish on his home in south wales, 4 quad LNBs feeding 2 PVRs and another receiver, on a pole above his roof, that i installed years ago for him

depending on the make of the dish, 13-28 is pretty simple, if its just these 2 sats, on a triax dish, itll be alaigned to roughly 19E with an LNB each side, a raven dish would be alaigned to hotbird with one offset LNB, an orbital dish is not recommended, but is doable, ill get some pics off my phone of it

the member bert-1 has a 90cm torroidal dish on his home in south wales, 4 quad LNBs feeding 2 PVRs and another receiver, on a pole above his roof, that i installed years ago for him

depending on the make of the dish, 13-28 is pretty simple, if its just these 2 sats, on a triax dish, itll be alaigned to roughly 19E with an LNB each side, a raven dish would be alaigned to hotbird with one offset LNB, an orbital dish is not recommended, but is doable, ill get some pics off my phone of it

Orbital 80cm dish, alaigned to hotbird, and also picking up sky, the brackets needed a bit of DIY-ery to get the offset LNB high enough to pick up the signal

also Bert-1's torroidal dish, picking up 13, 16, 19 and 28E

Back