13/19/28 on 80cm dish, how many LNBs, cables, etc?

Deal with one tuner only. (They will both be the same, just keep it simple for now. Please forget tuner B for now.)

1. Are all three lnbs aligned correctly? It is simpler to initially align without the switch included. Final adjustmenst with switch in place.
1a. if you connect to directly to 28.2 LNB, and set tuner as simple, single, 28.2, do you get a signal?
1b. if you connect to directly to 19.2 LNB, and set tuner as simple, single, 19.2, do you get a signal?
1c. if you connect to directly to 13.0 LNB, and set tuner as simple, single, 13.0, do you get a signal?

Should have pointed this out earlier, your diagram (as well as my edit) are incorrect. correct orientation.

Looking from behind dish
left 13,
middle19.2
right 28.2

Looking at dish from lnb end
right 13,
middle19.2
left 28.2

I am not sure the LNBs are aligned correctly, neither the dish to be honest; I've used a sat finder tool and it looked alright but I am not too sure at this point.

I'll get my ass on the house first thing tomorrow morning and will try as advised, thank you very much. Will get back on here with more details.

In my opinion, when aligning dishes it is best to download and install a chanenl list. You can then zap to a chanenl and align acordingly. Other prefer moving dish until they get a strong signal and scan. the latter way, you never know what satellite you are pointing at. Choice is yours.

In my opinion, you should align to 19.2 and ensure that you have strngest signal on that. then work on other LNBs. 28.2 lnb is higher than 19.2.

Attachments

• multi lnb.jpg
    multi lnb.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 27
This one I got has 3 LNBs already,

The chances are that these are already aligned and first of all I would connect your receiver while set to 1 sat position only eg 28.2 (astra or sky) tune to a channel and connect your downlead to each of the LNB'S individually until you get a signal, when you get the signal your looking for eg bbc1 mark that LNB as 28.2, then goto a hotbird channel and repeat the procedure, so on so on, this way you will know what you already have and then it's just a matter of installing your switches and setting up your receiver, but the dish has to be right first.

Right, so I got up, I've realised I can't really elevate the dish and easily change its azimuth because the wall mount bracket was too short, or the dish too big and we had to do a bit of a cowboy job so the dish was pretty much fixed lol, got a bit frustrated and let myself convinced by the wife to look for a guy that knows what he's doing.

Found one guy off Gumtree who aligned everything for me for £70, he advised to use this LNB on a Sky dish nearby (to which I was actually connected last month) for 28.2E, and use two other LNBs from my dish for 13/19. All 6 cables going into two DiSEqC switches as you guys advised (3 each).

I am currently only using tuner A (one cable, LNB in), I can't record or pause as I don't have a HDD yet but will sort this out when I come back from holiday. Managed to configure the tuner correctly and got almost 5k stations (mainly radio and shitty ones and loads for which I'll need a subscription).

Thanks all for your help. I will not keep an eye on eBay and get a meshed dish and a few LNBs, and align everything on that one by myself, no pressure. I am a bit let down I couldn't finish the job myself :).

Why are you using only one tuner?

The guy didn't use that box before and we couldn't find any channels initially, we said to go step by step and we've only hooked up one tuner. Then I was happy that we finally managed to get the channel list and it was too late for the next experiment.

Was thinking the only benefit of using the second tuner now is to be able to record/pause while watching another program, but I don't have a HDD yet so there's no point in doing that now, is this correct?

The guy didn't use that box before and we couldn't find any channels initially, we said to go step by step and we've only hooked up one tuner. Then I was happy that we finally managed to get the channel list and it was too late for the next experiment.

Was thinking the only benefit of using the second tuner now is to be able to record/pause while watching another program, but I don't have a HDD yet so there's no point in doing that now, is this correct?

That is what you originally wanted though record and watch one at the same time. Ok you have no HDD but im sure that will change, reckon the installer cut and run both tuners should of been setup.

Yep, I'll get a HDD at the end of the month and hook up the second tuner aswell. Can't wait!

The following will make use of an extra tuner.

PiP/PnP
Stream to another device
Crossepg downloader

Back