fixed dish on 28.2e and 13e help

Lost75

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi

I have a Zone 2 dish pointed at 13e and its working great but with the Vermin media changing soon am looking to get 28.2e on my dish aswell as cheaply as possible . i seen this on ebay LNB HOLDER'S FOR SATELLITE DISHES SKY HD CYFRA + VIASAT on eBay (end time 06-Feb-10 21:24:17 GMT)

was wondering would this work on zone 2 dish and what lnb would i need ?

eBayISAPI.dll

What's a Zone 2 dish, is it a Sky dish?

If so, I don't think I'd be happy using a Sky dish and a multi LNB arm.

I'm probably wrong, but I think the signal on both side LNB's would be too weak, especially in poor weather.

Having said that 13 degs east is a powerful set of sats.

thanks mate its a Zone 2 Sky 60cm mini dish was thinking it was small but just seen the arm on ebay and thought id ask

you could get yourself a zone 1 mini-dish and a 2 way switch or even better a 80cm dish and usals motor or a 80cm dish , multi bracket , 2 way switch and 2 lnb,s. i think the cheapest option would be a zone 1 dish and switch for about 25 pounds but if you dont want 2 dishes on your house then a 80cm dish,motor,lnb and wall mount will cost about 100 pounds if you fit it yourself and then you would get about 20 satellites.

Last edited:
thanks mate thats great . what else would i need another lnb and what else ?

im sure ive got a bag full of those LNB arms here somewhere

ill have a look

yep i have a bag of them here

looking at the pic on ebay of the zone2 dish though, the actual LNB holder on the end of the arm that the new arm is joined to, is not a standard fitting for that type of dish, so you may need a bit of DIY and imagination to get it all hooked up

ill chuck one in the post for a tenner if you want m8

Intresting so you would just need a spare lnb this bracket a cheap sat finder and some cable and you have your self another sat seems good to me,

Thing is though aint it gonna be a pain in the ass having 2 or more cables running into your home what do you do keep swaping them over when you want to use them ?

Or can you feed them into 1 line with some kind of splitter / joiner

you can use a 2x diseqc switch, this connects to both LNBs and your single cable going into the house, you then tell your receiver that sky is LNB A and hotbird is LNB B

the good thing about diseqc switching is that changing from one satellite to another is instant, no waiting for a motor to move

no m8 not like cable splitters as they actually switch between LNBs, as theres numerous voltages, pulses and other signals that come out of a satellite receiver to control the LNB and switches

but yes, thats the sort of switch you need

no m8 not like cable splitters as they actually switch between LNBs, as theres numerous voltages, pulses and other signals that come out of a satellite receiver to control the LNB and switches

but yes, thats the sort of switch you need

I knew already Im a sat pro I just pretend im dumb Ive already got mine set up take a look :proud:.

nah serious I suppose Id need a quad lnb and a 4x switch though to run HD as it runs a shotgun cable would you need a special switch for HD are just a x4 instead of a x2

Last edited:
a sky HD box wont work through diseqc switches m8, its need to be connected directly to the LNB

interesting info here, this is one thing ive always wondered ive been advised here numerous times its better too get a moterised dish, but if one had the chance wouldnt it be alot better/easier too have one dish and multple brackets/lnbs like in that pic above ?

That way your dish is not moving about so much and channel pickup should be quicker ?

interesting info here, this is one thing ive always wondered ive been advised here numerous times its better too get a moterised dish, but if one had the chance wouldnt it be alot better/easier too have one dish and multple brackets/lnbs like in that pic above ?

That way your dish is not moving about so much and channel pickup should be quicker ?
Its limited to a few main satellites only, but yes it means instant channel change and you can run several receivers easy enough which each have access to those different satellites at the same time.
If you only need/want 28* 19* 13* then its ideal.

Its limited to a few main satellites only, but yes it means instant channel change and you can run several receivers easy enough which each have access to those different satellites at the same time.
If you only need/want 28* 19* 13* then its ideal.
on the picture posted by bighairylizzard it shows a zone 2 mini-dish receiveing 42e to 4.8 east thats 37 degrees of arc, ive always read/been told/advised that a maximum spread would be 20 degrees, im guessing that a mini-dish style eliptical dish would be better for this purpose and also just the strong txps on turksat and sirius would be receivable. im very interested in a set-up like this on my second dish (triax td64) which at the moment is fixed on 28.2 for freesat, would i be ok with a multi-bracket for my dish as i was considering motoriseing it just for the high power sats,any advice for me guys or is it just a case of trial and error at my receiving site to see what i can do. lastly i have to say this forum is great i seem to be learning all the time,thanks to all for your efforts:proud:

If you look in the picture, the distances between 28, 19, 13 are the same, while the distance for the outer sats also does not seem realistic to me. I doubt a zone2 would be big enough for the outer satellites, but even less likely not big enough at such an acute angle offset. I think the picture is purely for demo and not a working example. Personally I would only recommend the strong main 3 on a fixed zone2. A bigger dish would have more success.

the dish offset arm also needs to be designed for extreme limits, i agree with pinky about the picture being just for show, as i fit loads of multisat systems, anc can tall you from experience that using the brackets shown on an orbital dish (which theyre designed to clip onto) getting 13 and 28.e is a nightmare as the astra2 LNB doesnt get enough height, and you have to DIY the LNB holders to get the offset LNB in the right place

its easier to usen a raven 70cm dish with a raven multi LNB arm to get 13/19/28 than it is to use an 80cm global with multi lnb arm to get just 13/28

so to use this arm with a zone2 minidish, which has a totally different LNB collar design, would be an absolute nightmare, especially without any form of signal strength/quality meter

Back