ferguson ariva 120hd

Got it working, play station wasn't connecting to server either so rang UPC and the guy accessed the modem and made some changes. All works now so back in biz.

For loading lines - On your PC/Mac open Notepad/TextEdit and type your line(s) in there, then save it. The file must be called allshares.dat
Put the USB key into the box , then go to USB on the menu, scroll right until you see allshares.dat and upload to box. See THIS post for more details on loading it.

This is where I'm stuck, I have an amiko alien 2 set up using oscam. Is it possible to use the same cline as that on this box and if so where would I find it? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where I'm stuck, I have an amiko alien 2 set up using oscam. Is it possible to use the same cline as that on this box and if so where would I find it? Thanks

Yeh you can use the same line. How do do you mean where would you find it?

I need to copy the line to my ariva120 yeah? Where would I find it on my amiko alien 2? There is no sign of a CCcam.cfg file anywhere. Total novice at this!

FTP to the box and you will find it in var/keys, it will be in the oscam.server file

FTP to the box and you will find it in var/keys, it will be in the oscam.server file
So its just a case of copying the text from that file into allshares.dat and uploading that to the ariva?

Not really as the details will be in a different order than you need. You are nearly better off just getting the details from the oscam.server file (i.e user name, password, server port etc) and typing them in with your remote on the Ariva 120 under network settings in the relevant sections.

Sorted, just took a while to kick in. Now I'm looking for any sort of channel list for $ly. Irish lineup preferably!

Last edited:
Sorted, just took a while to kick in. Now I'm looking for any sort of channel list for $ly. Irish lineup preferably!

Unfortunately the last channel list I uploaded was back in November, a good few channels have changed since then but it might be a starting block for you. I don't have the box anymore so haven't done any lists recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it working, play station wasn't connecting to server either so rang UPC and the guy accessed the modem and made some changes. All works now so back in biz.

Hi,
Im very curious what the UPC guy did. My Ariva 250 is wowrking fine and so is my PS3 with this router but my 120 is not. I have DHCP on and I am able to Ping my providers URL but the box will not connect after that. Any advise that you can give would be appreciated.

Regards

Hi,
Im very curious what the UPC guy did. My Ariva 250 is wowrking fine and so is my PS3 with this router but my 120 is not. I have DHCP on and I am able to Ping my providers URL but the box will not connect after that. Any advise that you can give would be appreciated.

Regards

Hi, All wasn't fine until yesterday. I was losing my connection regularly.
Yesterday I turned DHCP off on the 120 and gave it a static IP address. I did this on the box without having to do anything with the router and all works fine now.

I am using 192.168.000.026. I picked 026 as it was higher that any of the other IP addresses assigned by the router.
When I view the DHCP client devices in the router I see it with the static IP and the other devices with leases.

Hope it works out for you.

My folks have this box and UPC - same thing happened with the technicolor router - made the IP static on the box and no bother since - no idea why it wasn't working as it was getting an IP with DHCP enabled but had no internet connectivity.

On another note, was up there today, and sports 1 & 2 have changed frequency, I did a TP search on the frequency that kingofsat had but it didn't find them...didn't have enough time to play with it - can anyone give me some instructions of how to tune in one frequency to pull in the new channels?

My folks have this box and UPC - same thing happened with the technicolor router - made the IP static on the box and no bother since - no idea why it wasn't working as it was getting an IP with DHCP enabled but had no internet connectivity.

On another note, was up there today, and sports 1 & 2 have changed frequency, I did a TP search on the frequency that kingofsat had but it didn't find them...didn't have enough time to play with it - can anyone give me some instructions of how to tune in one frequency to pull in the new channels?

Yeah, Im able to Ping so I guess that means my box is getting an IP

What did you set the static too please?

Yeah, Im able to Ping so I guess that means my box is getting an IP

What did you set the static too please?

I can't check as I don't have the box - it's my folks, but if I remember I put it to 192.168.000.099

Dec2 and Getoffthe pot - Ill try later and let you know what happens. Thankss for your help

Ok guys, I got it to work by doing what you guys suggested - set the IP to 192.168.000.099

I've got no idea why DHCP is not working

Thanks 4 ur help

Last edited:
Ok guys, I got it to work by doing what you guys suggested - set the IP to 192.168.000.099

I've got no idea why DHCP is not working

Thanks 4 ur help

Great - glad you got it working - I have no idea why DHCP doesn't work - it's pretty strange...

Do you have sports 1 & 2 - any ideas why I scan the TP it doesn't bring them back?

Great - glad you got it working - I have no idea why DHCP doesn't work - it's pretty strange...

Do you have sports 1 & 2 - any ideas why I scan the TP it doesn't bring them back?

I have sky sports 1 but not 2 and no sky sports news. May have to rescan. Did a scan 2'weeks ago and had the sp news but sp2.

I have sky sports 1 but not 2 and no sky sports news. May have to rescan. Did a scan 2'weeks ago and had the sp news but sp2.

Do I need to do a full rescan? I tried to scan the TP that kingofsat showed but it didn't pull back the channels - actually seemed to pull back different channels that were not even on that TP...very strange ? :/

Back