Feedback Thread For: de_deej's UK Sportster Pro 1.03 RC015

what is IP add
is it 192.168.1.110
or

cant see diffrence between 0 and 8

need help.

tosh2004 said:
Hi, same problem here any solution

one more thing is it normal flash or any other way for nokia 2x.

cheers

hello m8
set your pc ip to 192.168.1.117 and default gateway to 192.168.1.1
then use flash xp and quick connect using 192.168.1.118 username :root
password :dbox2 then press connect

once connected go to var/etc and change .newrc to .bothrc or .old rc and you should be fine after u reboot

Hi thanks for help

I have done it now its working nice

good image quick scan great picture

Stable EPG..

cheers.

de_deej said:
OK.

Its a shame somebody hasn't bothered to upload the remote control fix for me, but I think I have found a fix.

@all with nokia remote problems.

1. Download and extract the attached rcs.local file.
2. FTP into the box and locate the rcs.locale file in var/etc/init.d
3. Make a backup of the original (You will need it).
4. Overwrite the original rcs.local file with the edited one attached (make sure you overwrite the original so the rights stay at 755)
5. Reboot the box (the remote should now work)
6. Change the remote driver settings in the optional settings menu to "both" (remember to save/activate settings)
7. Transfer the original rcs.local file and reboot the box
8. If successful your remote now works.

de_deej

done remote fix for nokia

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=294GZ9U9

What does the 'automatic channel scan' option actually do and when does it work ??

Vinney said:
What does the 'automatic channel scan' option actually do and when does it work ??

it scan in background. for new channles

Has anyone done a full scan with this image when i try it comes up with scan failed!!! has anyone found where to change the image to sportster ultra as well? :Cheers:

mgb said:
Maybe its a better idea to delete simply the file .newrc in /var/etc and reboot the box.

Thanks mate, but people were having problems locating the file.

de_deej

Can we now upload backup Image here? it will help alot peoples.

cheers

can someone please leave instructions on how to get the nokia remote to work with this image - thanks in advance

Nice image mate, I have a dying Sagem 2x and this is fairly stable, 1 quick q, how can I change the ucode? I'm getting some chirping on the paychannels I've been through the menu and can't find it......

the tinker said:
can someone please leave instructions on how to get the nokia remote to work with this image - thanks in advance

Originally Posted by de_deej
OK.

Its a shame somebody hasn't bothered to upload the remote control fix for me, but I think I have found a fix.

@all with nokia remote problems.

1. Download and extract the attached rcs.local file.
2. FTP into the box and locate the rcs.locale file in var/etc/init.d
3. Make a backup of the original (You will need it).
4. Overwrite the original rcs.local file with the edited one attached (make sure you overwrite the original so the rights stay at 755)
5. Reboot the box (the remote should now work)
6. Change the remote driver settings in the optional settings menu to "both" (remember to save/activate settings)
7. Transfer the original rcs.local file and reboot the box
8. If successful your remote now works.

de_deej
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

go to previous pages you will find the download for nokia remot.
hope it works for you

cheers

Last edited:
thanks for great image deej.

picture and sound is very good
epg seems stable
and auto scan which i have enabled is flawless
so once again

thankyou

@spark no it aint
close the popup down and click continue to mega uploads (top right in blue) link then you have to wait about 30 secs
Hope this helps.

I did mate and it said download limit exceeded.

I often get that problem when using those sort of sites though, I think it's because cable internet works like proxy where as adsl doesn't.

remote control not responing new software

hi there..... i have flashed my dbox (nokia) with ur sportster pro 1.03 rc015. only problem i have is that my remote control is not functioning to the box...... ?can u shine any light to the problem???? (new to dbox2)

thanks.............

sid......

Back