Feedback Thread For: de_deej's UK Sportster Pro 1.03 RC015

OK.

@ all Noika boxes experiencing problems with the remote.

The settings are set to my sagem you need to go to var/etc and rename the .newrc file to .oldrc and reboot I will explain more in 15 mins but I've just got to quickly pop out.

de_deej

Hi again,

OK.

@All Nokia Boxes with problems.

The problem is because the remote control driver settings are set to 2new" in the optional Settings in the system menu.

Changing the .newrc in var/etc to .oldrc and then rebooting should fix this but I would then change the settings over to the old driver as soon as it boots. If it doesn't I can edit the start.locale file for you but try this first as it is the quickest way.

Sorry about this but the image wasn't initially created for general release it was my backup image. And I can't change anything now.

Try this and let me know.

de_deej

krazylegz said:
cheers m8 but it's the wrong one. any chance you can upload mtd1

cheers

lee

I'm pretty sure its mtd2 you need, you then need to download the root update from sportster (mtd1) and flash that aswell.

If you need help pm me.

de_deej

b3nnyb0y said:
im having a few issues and i dunno if its ntl or the image. i seem to have lost a lot of front row and also no sky mobvies 5-10. front row was working yesterday i did a fresh scan and it picks up film flex but my old services.xml works still on front row not all mind but like 80% is left :D front row is dead in the water anyways but sky movies isnt going vod is it?

Hi mate,

it sounds like its nthell changing transponders. It worked fine on all my movie channels. This image will not pick up front row channels in a scan.

Hope this helps,

de_deej

front row is dead anyways so i dont really give a shite ;) its not the end of the world lol :) thanks m8. i just would like sky movies ill do a scan again see if it helps ;p

b3nnyb0y said:
ya it does m8 thanks ;)

I never tested the scanning ablity of the image so I'm not sure what results it would give. Try it and see. But for F/R I would suggest doing a full scan with 1.73 in a couple of days and then load it to this image.

de_deej

b3nnyb0y said:
front row is dead anyways so i dont really give a shite ;) its not the end of the world lol :) thanks m8. i just would like sky movies ill do a scan again see if it helps ;p

Try the scanning on this image but if you are nissing anything I would suggest using 1.73. for the best results.

de_deej

b3nnyb0y said:
ahhh i might do that actually good idea ;@) :D thanks m8

No problem mate,

would you be able to do me a favour and go to the optional settings menu and change the remote control driver settings to "both" and then send it to me via yousendit.com

This will help the people with the nokia remote problem.

Thanks,

de_deej

yep i am scanning with a differnt image for a sec tho but sure after i put ur image back on ill host it on my website if thats ok. i dunno if yousendit works for me ntl proxys and all that shite =/ i know some other file hosting site dont rapid share or some crap D: :Cheers: ill pm u the link in abit. btw i only found 63 transponders where as ur image found 110? thats stranghe :S

Last edited:
i dont mean to be a pest but anyone got a clue on if theres a a front row epg patch? i just need to check something out as to what channels went from frontrow thanks

No way to get F/R epg without editing the root, and I'm not sure if there is one compatible at the moment anyway. I would try a full scan tomorrow as it could be an nthell problem and you might end up pulling your hair out for no reason lol.

de_deej

Thanks for this de deej, would i need to use the root image thats been uploaded to make a 1x image or would i not need it once the german root update has been added?

garysbootlegs said:
Thanks for this de deej, would i need to use the root image thats been uploaded to make a 1x image or would i not need it once the german root update has been added?

Hi,

thanks to krazylegz a 1x image should be availible later tonight.

de_deej

garysbootlegs said:

@garybootlegs i've converted a 1x and is available now on the firmware site. deej is going to upload it on here very shortley:)

krazylegz said:
@garybootlegs i've converted a 1x and is available now on the firmware site. deej is going to upload it on here very shortley:)

Ah right thanks, any chance you could tell me if the root image from the 2x was needed or not just for future reference.

I flashed the german image
then the german root update
then the english 2x var

is that everything i need to do or was the root partition changed in the english version?

garysbootlegs said:
Ah right thanks, any chance you could tell me if the root image from the 2x was needed or not just for future reference.

I flashed the german image
then the german root update
then the english 2x var

is that everything i need to do or was the root partition changed in the english version?

You are all done.

The root stays the same, and works perfectly. If I changed the root it wouldn't be compatible with a 1x image.

de_deej

Back