Feedback Thread For: de_deej's UK Sportster Pro 1.03 RC015

Nice image de_deej! sorry to hear about your box m8 hope you get another 1 ;) had to change the remote to old but that was no big problem ;)

Last edited:
Hi There

Nice image I have flashed it to a 2x nokia and works perfect.

Just one problem it might be me but when I goto radio mode how do I get back to tv?

Nice job

Cheers

Fermec

fermec said:
Hi There

Nice image I have flashed it to a 2x nokia and works perfect.

Just one problem it might be me but when I goto radio mode how do I get back to tv?

Nice job

Cheers

Fermec
yeah m8 ive just noticed that aswell there is no tv option once you are in radio mode!!!! :)

Griz said:
yeah m8 ive just noticed that aswell there is no tv option once you are in radio mode!!!! :)

I never use the radio mode but try selecting yellow (you may need to change the key setup settings) or select the onscreen clock which should bring the tv up.

de_deej

the best image so far mate.. Thanks :Clap:

btw i changed the webserver password and now i can't login how can i reset the password?

geeuk said:

btw i changed the webserver password and now i can't login how can i reset the password?

Thanks mate,

You need to edit the nhttpd.conf file (located in var/tuxbox/config). Transfer it to your pc, edit this line "AuthPassword=dbox2". Then transfer it back to your box and reboot.

de_deej

geeuk said:

I have found that once you change this value, even if you change it back then it doesnt work - a reflash is normally required. But they may be different with this image as its newer ;)

dizzy2206 said:
I have found that once you change this value, even if you change it back then it doesnt work - a reflash is normally required. But they may be different with this image as its newer ;)

I remeber reading somewhere that you need to pull the power from the box to reboot it (I think this worked for editing the zapit.conf file) it stops the box re-writing the values. I think.

de_deej

has anyone changed the remote control settings for nokia remotes to work,
i couldn't ftp to box so have removed image.
can someone with altered remote control files please upload image
thanks

thanks guys tried both ways didn't work so just re-flashed the box...

Thanks anyways

just a quick update i found out that sky movies had moved transponders so i just edited me services.xml and pasted the right transponders in so now i still have some front row and a new image :D hehe

Not much joy on this I'm afraid, lost quite a few channels.
Changing channels takes a long time compared to other images.
Did like the look of the menus though and was very easy to navigate.
Each box to their own I suppose.

Well done though for putting it all together :Clap: and I hope it didn't sound too negative de_deej

Any chance someone can change the remote driver / selection (nokia/both) and re-upload the image?

Would love to give this a try but when I flashed it earlier I couldn't use the remote to set up the network... doh!

:Cheers:

I didn't know about the nokia driver problem when I flashed it, I soon found out though.

Looks like a nice image anyway, from what I've seen of it. ;)

Ok the first thing i have to say is thankyou so much for such a great image. It really does have everything you could ever ask for and the main thing is that everything works flawlessly.

In the last 10 mins i have streamed to and from the box, recorded direct to PC, watched live via IE, recorded via IE, changed boot logo's/shutdown logo's, setup automatic channel scanning, changed the EPG cache to 24hrs in front and 9 hours behind.

This thing is the absolute dogs danglies so thanks very much! I think i have found the image my box will die with.

Ok now to help some people out.

The image has the IP already set to 192.168.1.118 so the first thing you have to do is set your default gateway if it is different from 192.168.1.1 (it has to be the same default gateway to allow connection) to do this with a router type the IP of the router into the address bar ie 192.168.0.1 and change the routers IP to 192.168.1.1 then restart your network connection. To do this with a crossover cable just open your network connections and tick "use the following ip" type 192.168.1.100 as the ip and 192.168.1.1 as the default ip then restart the network connection. Once this is done you will be able to ftp to your dbox even though the remote doesn't work.

open Flashfxp if thats what you are using click "quick connect" then type 192.168.1.118 with the username root and password dbox or anything else you like as its not required. Next go to var/etc and change the file .newrc to .oldrc as previously stated in the thread.

Jobs a goodun! Reboot and its ready to rock and roll

Scott =op

PS did i mention how good this image is??????

had the box on since about 11 last nite and looks solid deej m8. epg is still on which is good,excellent pic quality and a fresh look to the menues.

cant comment on the streaming etc as i just use my box for what it's mainly designed for.......watching tv.

but well done deej another quality image:)

This is a great image very stable had no glitches what so ever, but does anyone know where the record button is I am able to set it up but where on the menue do u press record to start recording.

Fermec

Back