Feedback Thread For: de_deej's UK Sportster Pro 1.03 RC015

fermec said:
This is a great image very stable had no glitches what so ever, but does anyone know where the record button is I am able to set it up but where on the menue do u press record to start recording.

Fermec

Its ok I have sorted it blue red :)

b3nnyb0y said:
just a quick update i found out that sky movies had moved transponders so i just edited me services.xml and pasted the right transponders in so now i still have some front row and a new image :D hehe

I thought it would be mate, glad to see you got there in the end.

de_deej

mak11 said:
Not much joy on this I'm afraid, lost quite a few channels.
Changing channels takes a long time compared to other images.
Did like the look of the menus though and was very easy to navigate.
Each box to their own I suppose.

Well done though for putting it all together :Clap: and I hope it didn't sound too negative de_deej

No problem mate it won't be for everyone. It could have been a bad flash or do you have a nokia, did you try and change the settings?

de_deej

I orederd my dbox2 in july last year and unpacked it today, spent the day reading tuts n stuff and got it working.

i guess i chose the right time as this image was released yesterday, thanks to the deej!

thanks also to all the peeps who wrote the tuts i managed to do it without askin a question by using about three tuts, between them there wasnt anything i couldnt solve.

and i gota say, the dbox section has to be one of the most organised on WOD. thanks everyone once again.

now to play witht the extras.

ps is there a plugin so that i can watch tv on firefox?? i dont have IE

KJA5756SDFH said:
Any chance someone can change the remote driver / selection (nokia/both) and re-upload the image?

Would love to give this a try but when I flashed it earlier I couldn't use the remote to set up the network... doh!

:Cheers:

Yes please can someone do this ??????

de_deej

Scotster said:
Ok the first thing i have to say is thankyou so much for such a great image. It really does have everything you could ever ask for and the main thing is that everything works flawlessly.

In the last 10 mins i have streamed to and from the box, recorded direct to PC, watched live via IE, recorded via IE, changed boot logo's/shutdown logo's, setup automatic channel scanning, changed the EPG cache to 24hrs in front and 9 hours behind.

This thing is the absolute dogs danglies so thanks very much! I think i have found the image my box will die with.

Ok now to help some people out.

The image has the IP already set to 192.168.1.118 so the first thing you have to do is set your default gateway if it is different from 192.168.1.1 (it has to be the same default gateway to allow connection) to do this with a router type the IP of the router into the address bar ie 192.168.0.1 and change the routers IP to 192.168.1.1 then restart your network connection. To do this with a crossover cable just open your network connections and tick "use the following ip" type 192.168.1.100 as the ip and 192.168.1.1 as the default ip then restart the network connection. Once this is done you will be able to ftp to your dbox even though the remote doesn't work.

open Flashfxp if thats what you are using click "quick connect" then type 192.168.1.118 with the username root and password dbox or anything else you like as its not required. Next go to var/etc and change the file .newrc to .oldrc as previously stated in the thread.

Jobs a goodun! Reboot and its ready to rock and roll

Scott =op

PS did i mention how good this image is??????

No problem mate I thought it was the dogs bollocks too thats why I shared it. BTW thanks for uploading the IP settings.

de_deej

fermec said:
This is a great image very stable had no glitches what so ever, but does anyone know where the record button is I am able to set it up but where on the menue do u press record to start recording.

Fermec

I know you found the button, but just so you know it will only show once the recording settings have been turned on.

de_deej

krazylegz said:
had the box on since about 11 last nite and looks solid deej m8. epg is still on which is good,excellent pic quality and a fresh look to the menues.

cant comment on the streaming etc as i just use my box for what it's mainly designed for.......watching tv.

but well done deej another quality image:)

Me too mate, I'm glad its working well.

de_deej

finest24 said:
I orederd my dbox2 in july last year and unpacked it today, spent the day reading tuts n stuff and got it working.

i guess i chose the right time as this image was released yesterday, thanks to the deej!

thanks also to all the peeps who wrote the tuts i managed to do it without askin a question by using about three tuts, between them there wasnt anything i couldnt solve.

and i gota say, the dbox section has to be one of the most organised on WOD. thanks everyone once again.

now to play witht the extras.

ps is there a plugin so that i can watch tv on firefox?? i dont have IE

Thanks mate, download and install VLCRape.

de_deej

am i missing something just flashed the image im using flash xp and in var/ect but i dont have a .newrc to rename

puzzled

thanks gary

got remote working now

i have my box connected to a amp using the phone connections but i get no sound using this image any ideas plz

thanks gary

freeda said:
got remote working now

i have my box connected to a amp using the phone connections but i get no sound using this image any ideas plz

thanks gary

Hi mate,

what did you do to get the remote going ?

Try changing the audio settings to see if that helps.

de_deej

hi de
i just restarted flash xp and the file appeared and i renamed it as you said

ive tried the different audio settings but no joy throught the phonos

i get sound from scart but i need it through phones for my amp any ideas
m8
thanks gary

still no joy the phono out seams to be dead on this image
shame as its a very stable image

gary

freeda said:
got remote working now

thanks gary

how did you get the remote working because i cant fine the .newrc file either

hi m8 i just restarted flash xp and didnt upen var i went in to ect in the root and it was there

OK.

Its a shame somebody hasn't bothered to upload the remote control fix for me, but I think I have found a fix.

@all with nokia remote problems.

1. Download and extract the attached rcs.local file.
2. FTP into the box and locate the rcs.locale file in var/etc/init.d
3. Make a backup of the original (You will need it).
4. Overwrite the original rcs.local file with the edited one attached (make sure you overwrite the original so the rights stay at 755)
5. Reboot the box (the remote should now work)
6. Change the remote driver settings in the optional settings menu to "both" (remember to save/activate settings)
7. Transfer the original rcs.local file and reboot the box
8. If successful your remote now works.

de_deej

Maybe its a better idea to delete simply the file .newrc in /var/etc and reboot the box.

@freeda.did you manage to get the phono's working fella.

Just going to load it up now and see what happen's.

Gaz

Thanks De_deej :)

quest said:
hello m8
loaded it to nokia 2x and all looked ok restarted box and remote is totally dead
not responding at all

Hi, same problem here any solution

one more thing is it normal flash or any other way for nokia 2x.

cheers

Back