Skybox F3s F3s working for sure on mates setup not on mine

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know this box works through my mates setup, however not on mine?? before I start going through everything from dns settings on router etc to re positioning of dish or replacing I thought I would explain the problem and perhaps someone could explain where to start... the box deffo works on my mates but when I connect through my sat dish and network the box just continuous loops on the L000 to L100 screen. Is this a network problem im thinking do Dload the latest updates or is this a dish problem would you think... I do have a old sat dish that seems to be facing same as others in street however when I tried a sat pointer link on one of the other threads it showed it should be facing else where... Is the age of the dish important we have never had sly tv before and this dish was left from previous owners.. do they loose signal if not subed for a while..? A million questions I know but if anyone could answer them I would be eternally gratefull.

power the box up with just tv ,power and network connected leave the sat feed out
box should boot fine

i thought it would be the dish i will get another dish this weekend and give that a try. the dish is very old i will get back to you after i put a new dish up.. is it simply point the new dish in same direction or is it a very fine adjustment thing?... tried booting without sat feed and still same

It is more likely the cable causing this problem a loose F connector causing a short or a frayed or worn cable so that inner core touches the outer sheilding.

My current state now is a brand new dish the above problem must have occurred due to lnb being faulty' however i now get FTA channels but I know when it was plugged into my mates he got others. I am going to ensure the f connectors are fitted correctly but was wondering if there could be any reasons for this. is it possible the dish is set incorrect :) and if so using the signal strength and quality bars on menu antenna setup section to manoeuvre dish for better channel reception or is there a simpler way? My dish is roughly set the same as others in my street but how finely tuned must a dish be...

Keeping a log on my exploits here just in case others might learn from my mistakes... I have now made sure all fconnecters have been fitted correctl, thanks to some old blokes advice on YouTube, however I have now been averted to the original problem of having box continuous looping on boot. Was wondering if anyone in Burnley area can assist me in where I'm going wrong.... Plenty of reading up good in the meantime... :(

Do the test again with sat cable out, if it boots up and u have checked the f connectors and changed the dish and lnb the problem is your cable.

I've removed all cables powered up and it just loop loads. Can't even access it via TV when HDMI plugged in... Thinking now maybe USB flash courtesy of shady,s guide.. But because I haven't backed up worried bout loosing subs as I got the box from a mate and can't get hold of Cline provider

Before flashing try one more thing, try a different power supply and if you still get the problem then you will have to re-flash but that may mean you lose the gift.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Well well well, who would have thought it... Tried a different PSU and viola job done thanks mahrkpat for all your help on this much appreciated pal. Ending the thread here, just in case someone else has this problem... My lesson learned is.. TRY A DIFFERENT POWER SUPPLY BEFORE ANYTHING WHEN IN THE LOADING LOOP.

Back