EPG for Dreambox HD800

MRJIN007

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI - I have just setup my dreambox. I wanted to change my EPG as the current one on the box is not very good! I have the gemini image installed and do not have a hard disk! Can anyone recommend a good epg and if possible how i install it.

Thanks

You should be able to install crossepg from the plugins panel and this should then give you a full 7 days EPG

Hi - I cannot see crossepg in the pluggins panel? Can you tell me how i install this?

Hi - I cannot see crossepg in the pluggins panel? Can you tell me how i install this?

Not at my PC just now but I will try to find the plugin for you but it might be tomorrow :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Ok heres the plugin,just extract the zip and ftp it to the /tmp folder on your box and then use the filemanager/installer to install

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2-svn-300-r0_mipsel.ipk.zip
    768.5 KB · Views: 181
Hi - Thanks for this. I have extracted and tried to download. The error message coming is "Could not lock/usr/lib/opkg/lock: No space left on device Execution finished!"

I guess this is because i do not have enough memory on the box. I have a USB memory stick - can i use this as memory for the box? If so can you tell me how i can config it?

Hi - Thanks for this. I have extracted and tried to download. The error message coming is "Could not lock/usr/lib/opkg/lock: No space left on device Execution finished!"

I guess this is because i do not have enough memory on the box. I have a USB memory stick - can i use this as memory for the box? If so can you tell me how i can config it?

Is this error when trying to install or when trying to download the actual EPG?

If its when trying to install then you will need to remove some plugins or maybe you have some recordings stored on the box by mistake,

If its when trying to download the epg then use your usb stick for storing it,just configure it in the crossepg settings :)

Hi Thanks for that. I had a recording on the box by accident so i deleted it! I installed it - but i am now stuck as to what to do now that its on my box? Sorry for all the questions!!!

Hi Thanks for that. I had a recording on the box by accident so i deleted it! I installed it - but i am now stuck as to what to do now that its on my box? Sorry for all the questions!!!

Ok so now go to menu then setup and you should see CrossEPG in the list,if not it may be in your plugins menu,
go to configure and chose where to store EPG,chose your usb stick here ;),and also set a timer for automatic download of EPG,
save and go back one step and select OpenTV Providers,
then tick which ever one you need in there,
I chose SkyUK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2),
then press yellow to download :)

hi - i have tried to select the memory stick but cannot select it (where it says where do you want to save epg data)- it does not show up on the options. The only option is on the internal drive? Hoping just one more piece of advice - how do i install / config my USB stick?

hi - i have tried to select the memory stick but cannot select it (where it says where do you want to save epg data)- it does not show up on the options. The only option is on the internal drive? Hoping just one more piece of advice - how do i install / config my USB stick?

Did you insert usb stick when the box was on?
If so try turning off and rebooting

Hi - have tried that and still not working. It could be my usb stick - i will buy another one and see if that works. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi - have tried that and still not working. It could be my usb stick - i will buy another one and see if that works. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for your help!!!

Try it in a usb hub if you have one first :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

have i miss read this post or is the fact that i was up at 4.30am and have just finsihed work, but why can't you install to the HDD ?

have i miss read this post or is the fact that i was up at 4.30am and have just finsihed work, but why can't you install to the HDD ?

Hi- i do not have a hard disc. I wanted to install crossepg data on my usb stick - but i cannot get the usb configured to the box.

mate, get a HDD for it! you won;t look back and that'll save all your woes.....there peanuts they are....any way i appreciate you have a question - epg to usb so like me when i get my teeth into something then i want that answer! good luck mate, sorry for the hijack, was wondering why you were not installing to the HDD

Its actually best to install your EPG and Picons to a usb stick otherwise your hard drive will be spinning up every time you change channel or the EPG info changes :)

OH is that true! don't say that man, I'm rubbing the sleep out my eyes and searching for a usb stick! ha! that'll teach me, great tip though, but then again it's nice and quite and cool the box i have so i might not bother, but for the life of the HDD in the long run it may be better,....nice tip though....

Go to bed you mad fecker before you damage something lolol

Back