EPG Error

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

DM800se issue

I'm a little lost on this problem and not sure where to start I'm getting a lot of EPG missing check screen shot just after a EPG download, anyone got any ideas what's going on, had my dish realigned last week so I know that's OK.

this in only on some channels not all, is there anything I can check IE setting :)

cheers for looking.

Attachments

• EPG.JPG
    EPG.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 13
I'm sure you are using open TV ?

Try deleting the epg.dat file from USB and scanning epg again

Or all files to do with epg and scan again

They should all reappear

First check your configuration Nap,incase its reverted back to internal,

If it hasnt then you can stop enigma2 ( init 4 ) and delete the epg.dat and then restart enigma2 ( init 3 ),and run crossepg again

I'm sure you are using open TV ?

Try deleting the epg.dat file from USB and scanning epg again

Or all files to do with epg and scan again

They should all reappear

Just deleted all files will restart box and see what happens

First check your configuration Nap,incase its reverted back to internal,

If it hasnt then you can stop enigma2 ( init 4 ) and delete the epg.dat and then restart enigma2 ( init 3 ),and run crossepg again

Not sure what you mean by init3/4 but will try what rat said first, if no joy will get back to youm8.

Just tried what Rat said and it's still the same which was the SD section so just switched over to documentry section and some was missing but not as many, could this be a sky issue or my image I,m running DBuK 2.1.1 only because I know how to flash this one, try not to mess to much :)

There is no point deleting epg.dat without stopping enigma2,its loaded and stored into memory when the box boots,and then rewrites it back to the USB/HDD when shutting down,

So you need to stop enigma2 first,then delete,then restart :)

There is no point deleting epg.dat without stopping enigma2,its loaded and stored into memory when the box boots,and then rewrites it back to the USB/HDD when shutting down,

So you need to stop enigma2 first,then delete,then restart :)

I'm not sure how to go about stopping enigma2 m8, if you could explain that may help :) I just hope you don't say telenet

OK done that m8 box stopped on restart it rebooted, ran EPG and still the same, not sure what to do next :(, have any of these channels change freq or something like that.

Did you delete all occurrences of epg.dat? And are you sure its saving to usb?

If you can telnet in again and run a df command and see what your free memory is like?

Yes m8 deleted all epg stuff and both .dat parts free memory on usb is 15gb

How do I go about this m8 (If you can telnet in again and run a df command and see what your free memory is like?)

OK done that m8 box stopped on restart it rebooted, ran EPG and still the same, not sure what to do next :(, have any of these channels change freq or something like that.

Rat touched on this mate but you never answered are you downloading a rytec epg or opentv ?

Open TV is the more reliable.

Rat touched on this mate but you never answered are you downloading a rytec epg or opentv ?

Open TV is the more reliable.

sorry m8 open TV 28.2 I think it is but I will double check

Attachments

• Capture01.JPG
    Capture01.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I've gotta admit I've never stopped Enigma when doing this in the past :err: and before the fixes were out just deleting seemed to work ?

Yes m8 deleted all epg stuff and both .dat parts free memory on usb is 15gb

How do I go about this m8 (If you can telnet in again and run a df command and see what your free memory is like?)

Telnet in like you did for the previous exercise regarding stopping enigma2,but this time type df that will show memory usage on all mounts including system memory

Telnet in like you did for the previous exercise regarding stopping enigma2,but this time type df that will show memory usage on all mounts including system memory

Here you go m8

Attachments

• free space.JPG
    free space.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 7
Also take a look at these files mate

These help with the data that it downloads not showing

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/291522/

Hi ferret

those files have been on my box since they came out, its only just started doing this as I posted to rat about some channels only had now and next but they was ok his end, I did a scan and found the channels and replaced them with one's with full EPG
do you think I should run rats updaters again and see what happens this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back