Energy supplier

Been with Octopus for over 3 years now. Just for my electric though. I'm just under £200 in credit atm so will have to look and see how to reclaim it. I don't think there's anyone cheaper but then again Octopus haven't implemented the rise yet.

There's a Scottish Power trailer thingy almost permanently situated in the town centre. They ask me occasionally who I'm with but don't try to pursue it when I tell them my provider is Octopus.
As stated your credit should move with your new supplier once they have taken over but it’s recommended you take a screen shot of your octopus account if you can still get into it

As stated your credit should move with your new supplier once they have taken over but it’s recommended you take a screen shot of your octopus account if you can still get into it
Octopus aren't in trouble. I had took a screenshot anyway and asked for my money to be put back into my bank. Surprisingly they don't allow you to reclaim all you're owed unless you email them. Out of £186 credit they have "authorised" £157.

I won't be leaving it to build up again.

I have been with SSE for 2.5 years been paying a DD and now they think I owe them £4300 its rediculas

I have been with SSE for 2.5 years been paying a DD and now they think I owe them £4300 its rediculas
Eon shafted me the same way a while ago! I wish I had of fought it, I was young back then.

Did you not submit monthly meter readings? That shouldn't of been allowed to happen.

They should have asked for meter readings every now and then to stop that happening. Even though Avro have gone bust on me, they asked every month.

Pretty sure they have a duty to stop you building that size debt, challenge it all the way, they have a duty of care and allowing you to build that size of debt is negligence in their part, more than likely it a computer error but please don't allow them to bully , threaten you with court or bailiff etc, goto energy omnibus man to get it sorted.

Well Avro customers are being switched to Octopus energy 🤨. I thought they were in trouble as well.

Just got an email from octopus energy, ofgem assigned them as my energy providers.wonder what their tariffs are gonna be?

I got the email from Octopus earlier today too as OFGEM are switching me to them from Avro, it says that it will be cheaper than a new cutomer gets by going to their website for a quote, I hope they are right as according to their website my costs would go from just under £900 a year for dual fuel to £1,750 a year.

Got to be a hell of a mistake. Don't know how much you are paying DD per month but the £4300 they want equates to an extra £143 per month.

Well got an email from octopus I'm on the following tariff.. avro was cheaper with standing charge and gas and electricity..☹

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-152247_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-152247_Outlook.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 12
That's scandalous as the old Avro standing charges were 17p for each so a total of 34p a day that is being increased by just over 50% to 51.9p per day and gas has gone from 2.745 per kWh to 4p so that is increasing by more than 33% and similarly electricity was 15p per kWh increasing by over 33% to 20.4p per kWh.

We can only hope that we do not have as cold a winter as it looks like we wil be having and that VAT is removed in the upcoming budget and that they scrap all the expensive green levies and taxes that are costing us all a fortune.

Back