Ebayer Buyer(s)!!

To select buyer requirements for all your listings:
Go to My eBay.

Click the Account tab, and then click the Site Preferences link in the left navigation.

In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Buyer requirements, and then click the Show link.

Click the Edit link.

On the Buyer Requirements page, select your requirements.

Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

i had a similar problem, someone bought all of my items (multi items, multiple listings) and racked up about £700 in fees, then claimed he didnt recieve item and wanted a refund of about £4000 and then left about 20 negative feedbacks. paypal/ebay will side with you if the payment wasnt through paypal, if he claims it was bank transfer/etc he will need to prove payment was sent.

they will also delete negative feedback of non payers.

after all that i added these requirements to my listings...

Block buyers who:

* Don't have a PayPal account
* Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s)
* Have 4 breach of policy report(s) within 1 month(s)
* Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
* Have no credit card on file

you can only register a card with 1 paypal account, he can make maybe 1 or 2 accounts depending on how many cards he has, then hes screwed.

worked for me.

i can understand the frustrations of sellers when they are presented with scammers however if everybody started using the tactics above then ebay will get no further new customers.

i use ebay very infrequently a few times a year at best so the feedback thing drops off the end before it amounts to anything and as i dont have paypal account ive come across this cc on file business.

a ebay seller lost out as i wanted some bits a couple of months ago was about £250 on a buy now and they insisted on cc on file, because i didnt want to open a paypal account i was forced to look elsewhere and i found the parts elsewhere £10 more but collected and paid over the counter.

its a shame a small % cock it up for the majority.

i can understand the frustrations of sellers when they are presented with scammers however if everybody started using the tactics above then ebay will get no further new customers.

i use ebay very infrequently a few times a year at best so the feedback thing drops off the end before it amounts to anything and as i dont have paypal account ive come across this cc on file business.

a ebay seller lost out as i wanted some bits a couple of months ago was about £250 on a buy now and they insisted on cc on file, because i didnt want to open a paypal account i was forced to look elsewhere and i found the parts elsewhere £10 more but collected and paid over the counter.

its a shame a small % cock it up for the majority.

you are completely wrong, 0 feedback new users can still buy from me with those settings. you just need a paypal account (which is only payment i accept anyway) and a credit card (or debit card actually) on file and to not of screwed anyone over (which if you did, im not going to ship to you anyway).

if you dont have a credit or debit card on file, your payment will take 7 days to clear anyway, again not time i want to wait as the seller.

and you can allow users who message you buy your items via an exceptions list anyway (just enter the username and they can bypass these restrictions).

Last edited:
I suppose you could always put a claim in against the deliverer, had same issue (none delivery) used post office at time provided all paperwork i.e. pop,
ebay bid paperwork and ended up with refund, may not be of use to those with high value items but for us dablers we get a small amount of protection.

maybe get polis in for a poss fraud

Back