Coronavirus Pay??????

So my staff will all have to be laid off on 31st July, there is no possible way we can make money till September, so would go bankrupt paying any amount of pay

You do realise that the Gov Furlough scheme is designed to help stop small firms from going bankrupt right?
Rather than lay off cant you Furlough or make them redundant?

I am a recruitment agency for supply teachers, the staff I am talking about are temporary school workers, currently they are all Furloughed as we can not place them and have no source of income, we will continue to do this but if it come to a point that the employer has to share a part of the furlough cost then we cannot do it.

As to redundancy a temporary worker is not (normally) entitled to it, and even if they are that would mean the company having to pay it, unless they are bankrupt which means the government pays it.

What is worse for my staff is that the furlough pay is based on the average of 12 months, where they only work 9 due to school holidays, so if we have to stop paying in August there will be no chance of them working as schools will be closed and they will not have earned the extra that they normally would to see them though the holidays.

It is not that I dont want to help its that running the Furlough scheme is already costing, and any over expense will bankrupt the company.

Back