Ebayer Buyer(s)!!

jeuz

Inactive User
Reaction score
To be clear this is not a rant about ebay as a company , more the buyers who ruin the site by chancing their luck.

So fed up have a buyer purposely ruining my bids because he has a dispute against me. Everytime I list something he will overbid for it and not even attempt to pay or respond to any contact, has happened 4 times now. Resulting in £142 final value fees. I know that they will be refunded on non payment but its losing me custom. Annoying thing is he has started a new account so ebay wont do anything about him, I know hes the same person as both accounts are registered at tipperary. Best bit is, his dispute is for "non delivery" and he clearly states he not only received the item but changed the account password, yet ebay/paypal will almost certainly side with him. All for a measly £15, is money really so tight these days that people have to be so petty.

if you have his address, why not post him some bits of chopped up wildlife, and let him know that if he dont pack in fookin about, he may find himself in a slightly bigger envelope

Why not just block the bidder?

I have done that, but like has been mentioned he just keeps making new accounts. I will try finding out how to block people with less then X feedback.

It has just really opened my eyes to how low people can go, thankfully the majority of people I deal with are genuine.

Yes you can block people with less than a certain amount of feedback when you list an auction.

Also, complain to ebay about what is happening, and they will hopefully investigate IP logs and patterns of behaviour etc.

i had a similar problem, someone bought all of my items (multi items, multiple listings) and racked up about £700 in fees, then claimed he didnt recieve item and wanted a refund of about £4000 and then left about 20 negative feedbacks. paypal/ebay will side with you if the payment wasnt through paypal, if he claims it was bank transfer/etc he will need to prove payment was sent.

they will also delete negative feedback of non payers.

after all that i added these requirements to my listings...

Block buyers who:

* Don't have a PayPal account
* Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s)
* Have 4 breach of policy report(s) within 1 month(s)
* Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
* Have no credit card on file

you can only register a card with 1 paypal account, he can make maybe 1 or 2 accounts depending on how many cards he has, then hes screwed.

worked for me.

Last edited:
i had a similar problem, someone bought all of my items (multi items, multiple listings) and racked up about £700 in fees, then claimed he didnt recieve item and wanted a refund of about £4000 and then left about 20 negative feedbacks. paypal/ebay will side with you if the payment wasnt through paypal, if he claims it was bank transfer/etc he will need to prove payment was sent.

they will also delete negative feedback of non payers.

Block buyers who:

you can only register a card with 1 paypal account, he can make maybe 1 or 2 accounts depending on how many cards he has, then hes screwed.

worked for me.

good info there !

True, but it does highlight a common problem. All that info, and more, is there to read on the ebay site, if only people would access it.

you mean, like info on Nagra3? or flashing dm500's? all the info is here too, if only people would access it.. ;)

Block buyers who:

worked for me.

Thanks that is very good info, I will definately look into adding this to my listings

Thanks that is very good info, I will definately look into adding this to my listings

I would put the feedback score at something like +3. That way , if he does open another account, he needs to make other purchases before he can trouble you.

Ok, it does filter out some genuine prospective clients, but it should hopefully only be in the short term.

buyer.png

Unfortunately you can only choose minus numbers, unless I have completely mis-understood.

Unfortunately you can only choose minus numbers, unless I have completely mis-understood.

They must have changed that recently. You used to be able to block with feedback less than five.

Back