Ebay Help...

chetzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok guys, not sure if this is real or fake, but im thinking its fake.
I had a mobile for sale on ebay, auction finished and then, 5min later i get a email from ebay :

-----------------------------------------------------------------
eBay sent this message to xxxxxxxxxxxxx(ch3tzy).
Your registered name is included to help confirm this message originated from eBay.
Learn more: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/name-userid-emails.html

MC143 TKO NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Removed
Dear ch3tzy (xxxxxxx),

Thank you for listing the following items on eBay. We have removed these listings and will credit all fees to your account because it has come to our attention that the items were bought without the account owner's authorisation. We are now restoring the account to its owner.

170219769213 - Nokia N95 8GB Edition (New Condition)

Please be assured that there is no negative mark on your account because of this. We only removed your listing so that we could credit all of your Insertion and Final Value Fees and prevent any further problems arising such as Unpaid Item disputes or negative feedback.

The items should be shown in the "Unsold" section of My eBay and you are free to relist them from there.

Note: We will credit all fees for these listings to your account, however it may take up to ten days for all the Insertion and Final Value Fee credits to be shown on your account status page.

Thank you for your understanding in this difficult matter. If you have any questions or require assistance, you can contact us from any eBay Help page.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

So I thort ok bollocks going to have to re-list.

Then I get a email from ebay saying :

You've got new funds!

Dear ch3tzy,

Payment has been made by Steven Alves,
Steven Alves is a Verified buyer.

Payment Details

Amount:

£267.32 GBP

Transaction ID: 5Y758872CS5622206

Subject: Ship before 19/05/2008

Note:

You have been paid for
*Nokia N95 8GB Mobile Phone*
(170219769213)

Delivery Information

Address:
Dr David S.E
No 4 Adeniyi street off sapon road,
Abeokuta
OgunState
Nigeria

Address Status:
Confirmed

Ive checked my paypal, no funds but the email above states i will only get once shipping confirmed, which is bollocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
its fake do not post it to nigeria m8

if your selling phones on ebay you are best off saying no scamming twats from nigeria allowed to bid especially if its a dear phone

Ebay listing removed notices don't look like that m8 ( I've had 2 myself) its a complete scam, disregard anything to do with nigeria.

absolute scam it's been around for a while the best way to avoid scammers is toost only in the uk and even then it's not foolproof

I had a mobile for sale on ebay, auction finished and then, 5min later i get a email from ebay :

You've got new funds!

Dear ch3tzy,

Payment Details

Amount:

£267.32 GBP

Note:

You have been paid for
(170219769213)

Delivery Information

Address:
Dr David S.E
Abeokuta
OgunState
Nigeria

Address Status:
Confirmed

Ive checked my paypal, no funds but the email above states i will only get once shipping confirmed, which is bollocks.
you should have a copy of this in ur ebay account if u havent then its false
plus dont take any notice of the nigerea they scam all the time its in there nature

The thing that's worrying about this is that the 'Ebay' e-mail has your personal name on it.
How would the scammer find that out?

The thing that's worrying about this is that the 'Ebay' e-mail has your personal name on it.
How would the scammer find that out?

If they placed a bid on the auction then they can request your details from ebay, If not through this way there are others.

Id personally send him a small box of dog sh!t mate, Cost ya to send it but imagine there faces when they get a shipping number that traces and think they have a phone on the way, an when they open they got sh!t lol :banana:

its deffo a scam mate

If they placed a bid on the auction then they can request your details from ebay, If not through this way there are others.

Id personally send him a small box of dog sh!t mate, Cost ya to send it but imagine there faces when they get a shipping number that traces and think they have a phone on the way, an when they open they got sh!t lol :banana:

its deffo a scam mate

dont know if this helps mate,

just found this on ebay announcements

Payment Holds for eBay Items

To help ensure every eBay sale results in a satisfied buyer who will return again and again, PayPal is identifying a small percentage of transactions that pose the greatest risk to buyers and holding payments to ensure that the transaction is completed to the satisfaction of the buyer.

If you have received more than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) in the past 12 months and your DSR average is 4.5 or higher, your payments will not be held. If you have fewer monthly DSRs or a lower DSR average than this, then there is a chance that your payment will be held. Please click here for more details.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside#payment

lol, post the shit brill idea,
but fucking ell this n95 is causing me more prblems then its worth,

Paypal are reviewing my account because of some sort of Annual Limit, Ive got like £900 odd pounds left but they want me to send more crap and varify other stuff.

post the shite...excellent idea....

e-bay are reveiwing my account too and i have to verify 3 different thing as i have reached my limit..

bank details, phone number, address...

GO-ON POST THEM SOME DOG SHITE....:banana:

there's nothing wrong with the first email from ebay. the'yre just telling you that the account that bought your phone was a genuine account and has been hacked and that they'll credit any fees due to you.

the notice from ebay(2nd email) is a scam as other members have pointed out. always go to paypal website to confirm payments but never using the links in the email(incase it sends you to a fake site)

Total F'in scam, they tried it with me b4 where the tw(i)t hacked someones paypal account n then payed with a stolen CC, luckily i was lazy and slow and didnt send it for about 10 days (yes i knw), then suddenly get an email frm paypal sayng not to send the item, reversed the transaction as well. Lucky im a lazy f'er!!

always make sure you check your paypal account, emails can be copied! check the details on every transaction and check if its eligible for seller protection, if it isnt and its a big amount of money thn DONT use paypal, they WILL reverse a transaction upto 180 days AFTER the payment was made.

NEVER EVER leave money in your paypal!!!

It is a total waste of time selling phones on ebay. every phone I and anyone I know have tryed to sell on ebay has resulted in a nigeria scam.

Mailing shit is a top idea and being as you have posted the tw@s address it would be excellent if loads of DW members bombarded him with shit over the next few days.

got another idea beside's dog shiit !

Anyone here work for a bank and have access to dye packs ?

:)

you thinking what I am lol :banana:

All this bollox is why I state I will only ship inside the UK.

Stolen eBay and PayPal account. You can buy these online for peanuts.

You've got new funds!

Dear ch3tzy,

Payment Details

Amount:

£267.32 GBP

Note:

You have been paid for
(170219769213)

Delivery Information

Address:
Dr David S.E
Abeokuta
OgunState
Nigeria

Address Status:
Confirmed

The answer is there in one word mate,NIGERIA.

When you get an email like that whatever you do dont log into your ebay account or your paypal account following links in the email...

If you look at the hyperlinks, these usually look like ebay or paypal, however they are instead spoof sites, forward the email to [email protected] I think and then report the winning bidder :) obviously the only one who wins from your auction here is ebay as they may refund your listing fee, however any extras like gallery pics, highlight, bold etc is kept by them :)

post the shite...excellent idea....

e-bay are reveiwing my account too and i have to verify 3 different thing as i have reached my limit..

bank details, phone number, address...

GO-ON POST THEM SOME DOG SHITE....:banana:

Why not put some Cat shit in as well.:Cool2::Cool2:

The email from ebay is real mate i have had this email a few times and fees for the ad have been refunded.... The reson why you got that email from ebay was becoz of the NIGERIA geeezer he did a auto bidding then ebay found out he is a fake. dont send the phone anywhere and relist it dude !

peace Bilals

Back