DW800 keeps rebooting, help needed

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
my dw800 just keeps rebooting.i've factory reset and reflashed with the latest flash but after the "KRYPTVIEW HD" logo it will show the EPG then reboot.
the odd time the TV channel picture might come on for a few seconds then off it goes again doing its rebooting cycle.sometimes i might also get " code updating" , , picture comes on then it f8cks off rebooting again.
anyone any idea's how to solve this or we talking doorstop ?.

Last edited:
go back to the old firmware guys that should sort you out :)

Mine is doing the same!!! When the rare time it does stay up,
EPG is none existent...

I had that problem on the newer firmware but factory reset then downgraded to old firmware solved the problem (for me)

well mine was rebooting after a scan,is yours rebooting for no reason ?

well tbh it aint mine , i got lumbered with it tonight of a good friend.
is the factory reset the same as the default setting tab in the menu's ?.i cant see it mentioned in the manual.mine just keeps rebooting like the old PACE box would ,,,gets to the EPG for a split 2nd then starts again ,, you cant fart ne mind get in to the menu's to do out !!.

Last edited:
menu
channel edit
defult settings
enter pin
defult settings

:)

thought is was tried that ,
any thing else i can try before i sling it ?.

p.s. i thought i'd try flashing it again with the old SW.while it was programming my 4 gang socket tripped and the box went off .now its stuck on the "LOADER V10" and wont boot .
is it truly time to launch this piece of shyte ?.

Last edited:
have you tried reflashing it again from the stuck position? other than trying that im at a loss. not encountered that problem mate sorry. where did he get the box? it should be less than a year old and maybe its still under gaurantee? its a long shot but worth looking into.

delete all channels in channel manager then reflash but make sure you do it at the first input not after a splitter

Last edited:
yeah I know mate I've got the same box and had the same problem and the box was on a second input in another room after the splitter and it wouldn't reflash, took box out and into back room where cable comes into house (strongest signal ?) and it reflashed ok but you have to delete all channels and start again sorry about the long winded explanation but I'm a 47 year old gas fitter who is brilliant at fixin boilers and not so good at all this tech stuff but this worked on mine after it was doin me head in

Last edited:
yeah I know mate I've got the same box and had the same problem and the box was on a second input in another room after the splitter and it wouldn't reflash, took box out and into back room where cable comes into house (strongest signal ?) and it reflashed ok but you have to delete all channels and start again sorry about the long winded explanation but I'm a 47 year old gas fitter who is brilliant at fixin boilers and not so good at all this tech stuff but this worked on mine after it was doin me head in

you fix boilers? great mines makes this terrible noise everytime she opens her mouth!!!! :proud:

mine's stuck with the "LOADER V10" on the display.has anyone had asimilar problem and can it be jtagged or something ?.

where do i get the kryptview firmware from because ive just got the dw800 and it only recieves normal channels .got it yesterday can anybody help me i havent got a clue. ive also got the arnet and that works fine so its not my area

can anybody send me the kryptview firmware please im starting to give up on it .

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/187330/
there should be 2 lots of firmware in this thread,you might be better off going with the older firmware though mate :)

as for the rebooting problem try this

take feed out
do a factory reset
flash older firmware
plug feed back
scan
this worked for a friend of mine

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link but do you know which 1 i should be choosing and do i just save it to a usb

there should be 2 mate got for the oldest date

unrar
put on usb stick
turn box off (button on front)
turn box on while pressing right button on front of box
until you see box start to flash in display

Back