DW Panel - 0.2 alpha

No Problem at all mate.

I was thinking is there some way we can make some kind of forum integration to the panel?

I would be open to writing some script that could help.

Possibly something like even a counter so we can see how many people have it installed, and possibly log the most downloaded plugins?
That's a good idea but I don't if I can help with coding from python side as i'm still learning unless you can do something server side that can log how many times a plugin has been downloaded or something similar :)

The only way I can think off the top of my head is by php reading the access log file.

As it would need to be downloaded via php to log a hit.

What I did with rats bouquets plugin is I slipped in a little http call that called a php file so rat can log how many downloads his plugin gets.

Mick

I just go to the web page similar to where we upload plugins and its tells me the download count :)
It's nice to keep an eye on how much the plugin gets used
and I can also get an idea of what update changes are more popular
a change in sports will have more faster hits than a change in say BET channel changing freq :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 2
Yeah I had to write in an extra call in the bouquets plugin (ipk). It just registers a hit :)

Kev this is not an issue as it works
But
when downloading picons and bouquets on the plugins that @Mick made there was a progress bar that run through the installation 0% through to 100%
more for picons tbh as thats a bigger file

This dosent happen on the panel

Not a problem as it downlaods them fine but if not had to add a progress of installation then might be nice to add it ?
@ketmp

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rat, I am looking at adding a please wait or progress bar. It was standard using bash script commands mick did but with python it's different. You have to ensure the library you call is supported with E2 python and on top of that that image itself is using version of python that includes such commands :)

I may have to ask digidude for help/guidance on this :)

It's not actually a progress bar in the bash code to be fair, it's just a trick I use - using sleep.

In fact the actual plugin is lightning fast when run, I just slow it down and make it look like some kind of magic is going on lol.

Sleep 2 seconds

Now downloading plugin

Sleep 3 seconds

Now installing update

Sleep 1 second

Updating bouquets

Sleep 2 seconds

Cleaning up

Sleep 3 seconds

Lol

See nothing really special mate, looks good though

Mick

:eek: I feel cheated @Mick :Yikes: lol

I was always taught to keep it simple lol!

Sometimes the simplest things are the best :)

@Rat,

I've just added ability to display date/time the bouquet and picons were last uploaded to the server.

Do you think this would be of any benefit or does it just cluster the screen?

Extract plugin.py from the rar to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/DWPanel"

View attachment plugin.rar

Looks good @ketmp :)
Im going to update anggels and see if it updates date now :)

nice work mate

Obviously it worked :)
looks good mate

No Problem at all mate.

I was thinking is there some way we can make some kind of forum integration to the panel?

Possibly something like even a counter so we can see how many people have it installed, and possibly log the most downloaded plugins?

Just an idea like.

cheers
Mick
Mick,

@Rat's bouquets is about to improve even more (well I think so lol :)) with support for regions.

Your original bouquet plugin downloaded a php file which acted as a bouquet download counter.

If it's not too much trouble would you be able to do another php file which the panel could download so we can keep track of how many times the panel bouquet downloader is used?

I've asked John and he doesn't mind because he can add both counters together.

Kev

Of course Kev,

I will make it tomorrow

You will need to change the name in the file :)

Mick

That's great from my point of view thanks @Mick :)
@Rat, I've added this to panel plugin and it now counts.

As soon as finished the regions off, I'll post in mod room.

When you get a chance, I could do with the following line removing:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

From userbouquet.dbe00.tv in your source files for your bouquets and then your bouquets re-uploading.

Thanks

OK, removed
Code:

what about
Code:
leave that or remove that too ?

@ketmp
No, just the line that begins #DESCRIPTION.

The line that begins #SERVICE is the service reference itself and the ":ITVHD London" on the end just means you have manually changed the default channel name (ITV in this case) to "ITVHD London".

Thanks John :)

Back