DW Panel - 0.2 alpha

What I could do is write a switch to upload to certain directories - which would be quite easy :)

I could make it upload to certain folders you guys tell me you need ?

Ie

Satelliteworldz/rats/menus
Satelliteworldz/rats/iptv
Satelliteworldz/rats/skins

Kev mate I'm open to suggestions mate :)
What would you say is the simplest way

@Rat, I would suggest different directories (something along lines of Mick mentioned) depending on plugin type being uploaded.

How would this look @Mick? Would this all be listed together or ideally filter (or switch to) a specific directory?

I'm just trying to think that in future if there are like 50 odd plugins, all these listed on one main screen (ie home screen lol) would make it harder to find. Whereas, if we had a directory (could be referred to as 'section' instead for ease of use) for some of the different types of plugins like a directory/section for "skins" it would be too clustered then.

It really depends on how many plugins you think may need to be added to the panel. Obviously a small amount best just keeping it as it is but if it grows and you start wanting to add more (or users request more be added) then I do believe it's best to separate them in some way. This is just my opinion :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rat, I would suggest different directories (something along lines of Mick mentioned) depending on plugin type being uploaded.

How would this look @Mick? Would this all be listed together or ideally filter (or switch to) a specific directory?

I'm just trying to think that in future if there are like 50 odd plugins, all these listed on one main screen (ie home screen lol) would make it harder to find. Whereas, if we had a directory (could be referred to as 'section' instead for ease of use) for some of the different types of plugins like a directory/section for "skins" it would be too clustered then.

It really depends on how many plugins you think may need to be added to the panel. Obviously a small amount best just keeping it as it is but if it grows and you start wanting to add more (or users request more be added) then I do believe it's best to separate them in some way. This is just my opinion :)

I will get something going now :)

I have just been messing about with the forums.

Give me a few hours, it takes me a while to get going as I dont do PHP daily :)

Mick

@ketmp @Rat

I think this is what you guys are after.

I will add a delete button too. (in about half an hour).

Can you guys please let me know what you think... Also I can add as much names for plugin directories as you like.

Just list them down for me :)

Quick LINK https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/rats-dw-bouquets.php

Mick

Last edited:
Looking good mate :) @Mick

Will need to sort out the delete button tomorrow lol, almost sorted it lol

My daughter is desperate to use the PC :(

But do leave feedback and any other features needed

Regards
Mick

Looking good @Mick but I'm unable to actually download the skin plugin that i've uploaded to it as a test.

I uploaded the bluehd skin as a test and copied the url and pasted that into the xml but when I try to use the DW panel to download the skin I get a wget 404 not found error.

I did try removing the www from the URL but still get the same error. This is only when going through the dw panel. If I download directly from windows it's fine.

Thinking it was xml file, I instead used the URL as used by linuxsat-support and the dw panel downloaded the plugin fine.

I don't therefore think it's the dw panel/xml file.

Is there maybe something you haven't enabled or something on your side?

Or could you think of something else?

Thanks

It's probably a typo or something in the code mate, I will get to it for tomorrow as my daughters on the PC now matey :)

thanks for letting me know

mick

Sorry @Mick it's okay now.

I think I may done the typo when transferring the URL to xml file or something.

Got DW panel working now thanks.
@Rat, you need to think about folders/directories for the plugins?

@Rat, you need to think about folders/directories for the plugins?
I was making a new thread funnily enough @ketmp earlier but wife called me and only just sat down again lol

Or we could just add it to this thread I suppose :)

Just let me know whatever you decide mate, it won't take 5 minutes to sort out pal

Or we could just add it to this thread I suppose :)
Would be easier :)

Off top of my head I suggest:-

• Skins
  • Bouquets
  • Cams
  • Other

What do you think John? Any other ideas of what you may need adding as a directory/folder?

Yes Kev that is pretty much it mate :)

@Mick,

When you get a chance could you add the following folders:-

• Bouquets
  • Cams
and remove the Menus folder (and anything in it) and sort the delete out that would be great.

Thank you :)

- - - Updated - - -
@Rat,

If you look at how the 3rdpartyplugin.xml file is made up now (ideally using linux editor like Notepad++), hopefully you can see how this works once I release dw panel v0.3 alpha on mod section which I plan on doing either tonight or tomorrow :)

@Rat,

If you look at what is listed under 3rd party plugins within the plugin and then compare the xml file to it, hopefully it will make sense as what each xml tag does:-

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Ill have a look @ketmp
Not saying I will understand it but I will look for sure :)

All requested items should be sorted now :)

Let me know if there is any problems ?

Mick

Working okay now, thanks @Mick :)

Working okay now, thanks @Mick :)

No Problem at all mate.

I was thinking is there some way we can make some kind of forum integration to the panel?

I would be open to writing some script that could help.

Possibly something like even a counter so we can see how many people have it installed, and possibly log the most downloaded plugins?

Just an idea like.

cheers
Mick

Back