DW Panel - 0.2 alpha

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Rat, @Mick,

I'm currently working on the dw panel getting 3rd party plugin data/details from an xml file similar to Linuxsat-support addon panel so this xml file has to be hosted either on digitalworldz or satelliteworldz server as an .xml file.

Mick, i've just asked John to upload a test .xml file to satelliteworldz server but he said it wouldn't accept it and it had to be zipped instead.

Mick, could you look into this to see if you can possibly allow xml file format - even just for testing purposes for time being?

The xml file is the heart of it as the dw panel will use the xml file to retrieve list of plugins and their actual URL on the server.

This means adding 3rd party plugins will be done by means of this xml file specifying plugin name, which menu sub section and URL to actual .ipk file.

Also Mick, I'm not sure yet but i'm guessing that the URL will need to be URL of actual ipk file rather than the current method of using a (seemingly) random URL. For example, Rat's picon updater v1.2 ipk file URL is
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
rather than
Code:
If it needs to be the true actual URL is that something you could possibly sort (ie by showing it's true location - even if only limited few (ie admin) can see this?

Attached is example of xml file I wish to use for testing purposes. It currently has links to direct URLs to linux-sat ipk files and once I can get it working I'll then see if it likes URLs that DW use.

View attachment 3rdpartyplugins.xml

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I can do that mate...

no no problem at all, it's my mates birthday today and we are out in muswell hill.

i will fix this tomorrow mate if ok

mick

Thanks @Mick :)
@Rat,

This is format/breakdown of the xml for future use:-

Code:

Looking into it deeper, the
Code:
CONT is the name of the SUB menu; and
Code:
Obviously name is plugin name and URL is full location of where the ipk file is and all this would come under the current SUB menu. You would then continue with however many plugins needed under the current SUB menu.

At the end of that SUB menu, use:
Code:

I then do a clear line space before continuing with name of next SUB menu.

There is no sub menu within a sub menu. Each is a separate sub menu from the main list.

Hope that makes some sense?

This has been sorted now, so sorry for the delay.

I drank way too much.

Sorry guys, but let me know if you need anything else, not coded for a while had to remember again lol.

Mick

Thank you @ketmp for playing around with this :) really appreciate the time spent over the holiday

and @Mick for sorting this DW end and allowing us to use DW storage etc

:)

hoping its not sort lived as it seems the end could be around the corner from what Ive heard

Thanks Mick, it's appreciated.
@Rat, could you upload the following xml file to the same location as where you have your bouquets saved on satelliteworldz server.

Thanks

Attachments

• 3rdpartyplugins.xml
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
it wont upload ?
its a zip file but still wont
This file is not a ZIP or you did not choose a file, please choose a zip file only - all other files will not upload

Even rats zip wont upload @Mick you changes something mate ?

I will have a look, it was working fine rat?

i will also add ketmp to the permissions page...

mick

I will have a look, it was working fine rat?

i will also add ketmp to the permissions page...

mick

I tried the same dwrat.zip that I uploaded yesterday @Mick and it comes back with its not a zip

yeah add @ketmp to page mate we can trust him not to break anything (I think) lol :)

I tried the same dwrat.zip that I uploaded yesterday @Mick and it comes back with its not a zip

yeah add @ketmp to page mate we can trust him not to break anything (I think) lol :)

This should be sorted now mate...

I need to lookup the global code for the userid (if userid 1,4,6,7) etc from vbulletin manual.

I think it is

$vbulletin->userinfo['userid']

And I am sure that i need to explode it, I will find it and get ketmp access, I am just leaving my parents now and should have full access for you mate in about an hour or so.

Cheers
Mick

Yeah all working now mate

Sorry yes all working thanks @Mick.

transferred xml file over from linux-sat to here and it works but as soon as I try editing the xml file, it appears to ignore those entries then.

I'm looking into it :)

@Mick, @Rat

To have a plugin download section we will need the URL to be normal URL without the hash type keys as used by DW download section now.

Also, Mick I suspect it doesn't support SSL/TLS because Linuxsat support don't use this in their URL's of all their ipk plugins.

Will this be a problem?

@Mick, @Rat

To have a plugin download section we will need the URL to be normal URL without the hash type keys as used by DW download section now.

Also, Mick I suspect it doesn't support SSL/TLS because Linuxsat support don't use this in their URL's of all their ipk plugins.

Will this be a problem?

no mate,

the file is on satellite worldz

if you hover over the link (file name) on the page I posted it will show you the actual link address

let me know if that works

@Mick,

Sorry in case I wasn't clear the plugins themselves need to have normal full URL. These are currently stored on DW and they use hash key type URL on DW.

Space permitting, we could upload plugins to satworldz server for those plugins that will be included within the DW panel.

Unless there is another way of getting the normal full URL?

I realise this means duplicate plugins but I'm guessing that is what linuxsat support have done.
@Rat, I'm guessing you had no plans on including all plugins as is on DW download site. Rather just main/important ones?

Tbh Kev I just thought a DW Panel where members could install skins and popular plugins would be good
Obviously Rat's plugins would be on it and whatever else is popular :)

@Rat, your bouquets and both picons that DW maintain are actually coded in it so no need for a separate plugin. Other plugins (ie 3rd party plugins) are the ones separate.

Remember you should have a warning about using a skin on an image that doesn't like it as it may cause a constant bootloop :)

Personally, I think any skin plugins that are supported by the image itself and included in their own plugin feeds should be left as it is. Just skins like sky.new, etc that are not included in any image feeds :)

You can put plugins on the satelliteworldz site :)

Put it this way, the plugins are hidden from public view!

Unless they know the actual url of the file then they are hidden.

It would be a nightmare to use our downloads section, as we do use SSL and also the downloads section changes the names for the same reason (protection) and also the directory for the downloads section is above web level so wont be able to be called directly by a box....
@ketmp, tell me what you need me to do maybe I can build something to work on satellite worldz?

Cheers
Mick

Last edited:
@Mick / @Rat,

We can store them on satelliteworldz then as it's easier from both John's and I side of things and yours :)

It really depends on what you want John? If you want to store all plugins in the same way as bouquets, etc then that's fine but thinking ahead once you have a lot of plugins then it may be harder to find things and become too clustered on the satworld upload site.

Mick, you would have to enable ipk support and I'm thinking maybe if it's possible to alphabetically sort the contents (ie it's sorted automatically) then that may help when it's got a lot of plugins on it to find them.

Also, maybe an option to delete (somehow) such a plugin? This is for when a plugin has been updated to a different version then SatWorldz would end up with both copies on it.

Like I said, it's what easier for you John?

Back