DW Neutrino ,, where is Sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
ironic or coincidence this thread has now more views than the release thread for the image..

why has it taken till the 3rd revision of DWn for this to be brought up..

surely if you were that intrested in it you would have asked withe 1.0 was released what almost a year ago

I was laying in bed thinking the same thing and thought Id post and ask in the morning
but you beat me to it neorage

i asked at every revision but always refused

who did you ask ? Ill get that checked out

just a couple of things before you try to blacken my name more

why has this never come about before now ?

members know me on this forum for the pas 8 years and know me for who/what I really am

if you have a problem in the way I admin this site please take it up with MickieD and if he thinks Im wrong or a problem in this thread I will stand down

digitalworldz have been making images for Dbox's/Dreambox's for years now
the members know the real us

I am more than willing to accept my punishment (banned again :( )

See you all soon (hopefully)

Probably sooner rather than later considering you now have one banned account and one non-banned account.. going back to munchkin now?

I was laying in bed thinking the same thing and thought Id post and ask in the morning
but you beat me to it neorage

seriously,,, you were thinking about this in bed?? mmmmummm
Calm down Rat,,, no one said you done anything wrong or having a personal go at you,, im sure your very capable in your admin duties,,

You can search my posts on here,, i have asked for diffs before...

if you have a problem in the way I admin this site please take it up with MickieD and if he thinks Im wrong or a problem in this thread I will stand down

again,,, no one is saying your doing anything wrong,,, Perhaps took a little while for to actually read and take in the abuse ellie was firing at me, but seems everything in order now,, the diff been posted after such a debate,,

phew! what a read! arguing and slander make messageboards!

However, people do get banned for the slightest thing here which seems a little heavy handed - some people take things way too much to heart!

by the way - i'm on no-ones side and don't really understand the friction that seems to occur between 'camps' or different boards. but then again i don't understand/give a toss about football and why neighbouring cities want to pound each other.

Peace Out Everyone

However, people do get banned for the slightest thing here which seems a little heavy handed - some people take things way too much to heart!

sorry m8 but your wrong there, members only get banned when they have done something wrong.

can you name one that was banned for no reason ?

sorry m8 but your wrong there, members only get banned when they have done something wrong.

can you name one that was banned for no reason ?

i never said anyone was banned for NO reason - but ellie getting banned for calling someone a ******? did i read that correctly?

i do agree with the 'daz' bannings - he threatened me with violence via PM cause i liked 'Lost' !!!!! :D but, i just ignored it - i have thick skin.

i never said anyone was banned for NO reason - but ellie getting banned for calling someone a ******? did i read that correctly?

i do agree with the 'daz' bannings - he threatened me with violence via PM cause i liked 'Lost' !!!!! :D but, i just ignored it - i have thick skin.

I was banned for good reason.
I was warned by pm but continued to gob off.

I count myself lucky it wasn't a week or 2.

back now :banana::banana::banana:

tbh, who really cares !

Anyone with an ounce of gumption abandons the nightmarish mishmash of both Enigma and Neutrino and starts again !

Anyone half decent at coding can cough a better offering than those bloated and horribly mis-coded images.

Problem with them is that they were designed by a large group of individuals each with there own idea of the way things should progress. There's no real design or methodology in the madness !

Last edited:
there is no way i could make a new one.
I have only scratched the surface with neutrino and even less with enigma.

No one is interested in doing dm500 neutrino images, rudbox have gone, neiljay seems to have lost interest, it is only the dw boys that seem interested. On ukcvs they are into the dbox2. but I know a few have shown an interest in the dm500 so hopefully some of them will get them in the future.

the next thing is to get the swappable remote keys into 1 file as the present fix takes up all the spare room having to duplicate files.

not a problem ill zap something up shortly to rapidshare with same specs as dw neutrino :) (ie fast scanning and vm order) for itgate
cheers
osborne82

did you manage to get this sorted osborne ? I have a friend with a itgate box who Ive promised that Id get this to him
Ive seen no rapidshare links posted as yet

source code for the itgate image would be nice too :)

Last edited:
One thing I cannot quite grasp about this protracted thread, having given an hour of my life to read it through from start to finish. What is all this talk about diffs?

If we issue an Image, are we also obliged to publish a 'diff' on how we did it as well, to comply with the terms of the GPL?

Lets's take a real-life example, can we? I neither know how to compile an Image, nor how to make this mysterious 'diff' thingy. Probably never will, either...

But with Renny's OK to use Commando 10d as a base, and SatSearching's blessing to 'borrow' SS-Enigma v4, I set about creating Enigtrino2. This is a dual-boot image with around 1.8mb Free Space- and what is done in one platform is fairly well replicated in the other. I was quite pleased with it, so are some of the users.

But diffs for it? You're having a laugh!! No way- I wouldn't have the faintest idea, LOL! I do know that Enigtrino2 dev occupied many days and weeks, plus a lot of help from guys like cydine and LraiZer (all of whom are credited in the image).

To my mind- if I'd kept this little creation all to myself, nobody would be any the wiser. But it was released on all boards to share, and feed back. Any dev, modder or compiler worth his salt can easily rip into the image and see how I painstakingly cut and shut it to get it all working harmoniously- they could even improve on it and release their version.

But no-one has done so, yet. So if someone started pushing for the diffs for what I'd done, I'm sorry, but I'd have to tell them to push off! Maybe diffs are just a lazy way of doing something in 20 minutes, that took the originator 30 days??

If the image is 'public' - seek what you want out of it. But use any of my/our scripts with credits removed- and I'll name and shame!!

Cheers- AL :wtf:

I really do think some are taking this to heart a bit... e or defo looking at it in the incorrect way...

Any the guys i know that code dont mind sharing,, i really dont see what the problem is,, the GPL notices in all the code state the same, we all use the base code, we all make our own additions, and we all learn off others additions, More recently Pli team being the most recogznized group of developers to step up to the game and do the correct thing in releasing the sources as per GPL.

To most people,, they wouldnt even understand them ,, lets be honust, so to the few that it does make sense too its good for all to follow thru with the code we have modded ( base tuxbox ) published for all to learn from, and as you said even add to to make better,, publishing credits to whoever started the ball rolling,,,, This is how the open-source world should be.

For the last mabie 2-3 years the linux cable/sat open-source guys have been too busy seeing whos cocks biggest( whos image is best), without thinking, hey everything could be so much better if our open source communities were as close as worldwide linux open source projects.Enigma and Neutrino have LOADS of things i think are bulky, could be lost, not specialed for uk enough. lots that could be changed, immproved, or even as nozzer suggested to scrap the enigma and neutrino altogether,,,,,,,,, examples being, Lcars,, JetTv, blah blah,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to get into a slanging match again but I do share my diffs with other coders.

You are a member of ukcvs yourself (satman) so to ask for the diffs to be posted here was in my opinion just being picky.

All the dbox2 and dm500 uk coders use ukcvs so that seems to be the appropiate place to post the diffs.

The image is a dm500 image and there are slight changes but not in the compiling side of things, the diffs I posted over there are what I use to build the images any other changes cannot be achieved with a diff, If I compiled for swappable tuners then the box would not work and swappable remote keys is a bodge at best but it works. The image was being compiled as standard (dbox key style) but after a poll it was decided for the dreambox remote style which I don't like so the bodge to have both was born, then we found that the <> were swapped on some clones so the 2nd image was born.

Most uk fixes will never go into the cvs but as I have said before anything new is passed onto pt-1 (we also have rhbarber to pass to now)

You don't know me but most that do know that I will pass on anything I discover but I really dislike demands being made of me.

On the whose image is best comment, no one else is working on dm500 neutrino that I know of so we are the only cock so it must be the smallest as well as the biggest :roflmao:

I'm not going to get into a slanging match again but I do share my diffs with other coders.

You are a member of ukcvs yourself (satman) so to ask for the diffs to be posted here was in my opinion just being picky.

All the dbox2 and dm500 uk coders use ukcvs so that seems to be the appropiate place to post the diffs.

The image is a dm500 image and there are slight changes but not in the compiling side of things, the diffs I posted over there are what I use to build the images any other changes cannot be achieved with a diff, If I compiled for swappable tuners then the box would not work and swappable remote keys is a bodge at best but it works. The image was being compiled as standard (dbox key style) but after a poll it was decided for the dreambox remote style which I don't like so the bodge to have both was born, then we found that the <> were swapped on some clones so the 2nd image was born.

Most uk fixes will never go into the cvs but as I have said before anything new is passed onto pt-1 (we also have rhbarber to pass to now)

You don't know me but most that do know that I will pass on anything I discover but I really dislike demands being made of me.

On the whose image is best comment, no one else is working on dm500 neutrino that I know of so we are the only cock so it must be the smallest as well as the biggest :roflmao:

I dont just mean neutrino tho( as in this is only neutrino uk image avilable on dm500 ) ,, i mean everything, why the secrecy act? whats in some images that you wouldnt mind sharing with other devs? I think we are at least agreeing on some same principles here, but i think yous are just a bit pissed because i unlike others had the balls to just come and ask for the diffs. With everything thats going on in ireland an argument with fellow devs in uk is something i could be doing without, so like you say.

I think the bit that you'se have wrong is the fact i posted here because i just seen the image on here and honustly didnt even think about ukcvs site,, before this week i hadnt logged in there for a long time, and mainly because i formated my machine and forgot about a few sites, Hence why i asked here, and i really didnt mean it to sound like a demand. but now ive put that site back in my bookmarks so i will know in future ok ;)

So you agree that trying to push a better open-source world is for the better of us all?.. thats the point im making..

I dont just mean neutrino tho( as in this is only neutrino uk image avilable on dm500 ) ,, i mean everything, why the secrecy act? whats in some images that you wouldnt mind sharing with other devs? I think we are at least agreeing on some same principles here, but i think yous are just a bit pissed because i unlike others had the balls to just come and ask for the diffs. With everything thats going on in ireland an argument with fellow devs in uk is something i could be doing without, so like you say.

I think the bit that you'se have wrong is the fact i posted here because i just seen the image on here and honustly didnt even think about ukcvs site,, before this week i hadnt logged in there for a long time, and mainly because i formated my machine and forgot about a few sites, Hence why i asked here, and i really didnt mean it to sound like a demand. but now ive put that site back in my bookmarks so i will know in future ok ;)

So you agree that trying to push a better open-source world is for the better of us all?.. thats the point im making..

I agree 150% that everything should be shared, I have always believed this.

I only play with neutrino nowadays, I used to play with enigma mainly dw enigma versions 1 - 1.6 but nowadays I only play with neutrino, as an ex dbox2 man I like neutrino and to be honest I have no interest in other gui's.

I don't even own a dm500-c I have a sat box so bit's like cydine's vm scanning are put in for the users as i'm not fussed as I don't get the benefit with my 500-s, A bit like the swappable remote keys I use the bog standard cvs style (dbox) but put them in because it's what people wanted (they have no sense of style).

I have heard from pt-1 and he has said that if you distribute a modified binary then the source/diff should be included with the binary, any image I play a part in will follow this rule in future.

As you are a part of the UR team can we have your assurance that you will also comply with this, we will be doing it unilaterally so even if others don't comply we will be doing this.

Unless you can get the tuxbox boys to include uk scanning, uk cables.xml etc into the cvs which would be a massive step forward.

I agree 150% that everything should be shared, I have always believed this.

I have heard from pt-1 and he has said that if you distribute a modified binary then the source/diff should be included with the binary, any image I play a part in will follow this rule in future.

Good...
pt-1 obviously knows his stuff ;) he telling you exactly what i told you from the beginning.. and i didnt mean it in the offensive way that you have obviously took it.
but glad we can all start seeing the correct way..

As you are a part of the UR team can we have your assurance that you will also comply with this, we will be doing it unilaterally so even if others don't comply we will be doing this.

I personally only make the uk iTgate images for URteam,, i do contibute my work to there cvs, I dont have nowt to do with the TM images, but i know there build from cvs... We dont release diffs because as I said before the sources are available.
My other team is Cli team, and despite what you might think Fergy and Os fully co-operate with open source, everything is always on public svn on sourcefore, and lotta work behind the scenes to build a good svn that can build for any the lot of boxes. with a multiple of GUI, e1, Neutrino, Lcars, Jtv.
but again no images released yet, but all sources and work is viewable on sourceforge.

Unless you can get the tuxbox boys to include uk scanning, uk cables.xml etc into the cvs which would be a massive step forward.

Nah , dont think much chance of that, though I could try... although on all our svn/cvs uk files is included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back