DW FIFA LEAGUE -Starts now-

Only got the game yesterday so just signed up: John_Boy_86 using Valencia

I'll see you guys around

Im up for it will go on line now if anyone is on, im on cod4 at the mo so let me know.

just had a good game with MFCGAVMFC ended 3-0 in the end. was a tight game to start with until i did a through ball for Ronaldo to run clear, i was thinking the keeper is just going to pick it up as it rolled into the box, then the keeper had a moment of madness and ran the other way leaving me to tap it in.
don't think it should of been 3-0 really as MFCGAVMFC did really well saying he was only with motherwell a 2 star team, if you were a 5 star team i would be pretty worried

well played mate

Im on now if anyone fancies a game. I will be on most nights of the week after 6ish too.

i've invited everyone but no1 accpets it!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

thanx for the game earlier today, cg010169 i thought you were gonna score everytime you went forward, oh no wait you bloody did :)

Man Utd 5 - 2 Rangers

And Ronaldo's freekick was a fecking peach, goalkeeper was on the right side of the goals too and still couldn't save it!

I'm gonna try and get on tonight at about 9:30 so if your around send me an invite or look out for one of mine

thanx for the game earlier today, cg010169 i thought you were gonna score everytime you went forward, oh no wait you bloody did :)

Man Utd 5 - 2 Rangers

And Ronaldo's freekick was a fecking peach, goalkeeper was on the right side of the goals too and still couldn't save it!

cheers was a good game mate, you got 2 cracking headers, as im hopless at defending, just good going forward.
As for the free kick i'll share the tip i do.
If you have a free kick just outside the box, line the ball up so it's looking at the post. Then hold down L1, push foward on R3 and then press the shoot button for about half a second or even just tap it once. Takes a while to get it right but once you master it, then you will score a peach every time

Are we going to have pre-arranged fixtures or do we just PM people to arrange matches?

Think the best way is to PM ppl and see where there free to play, or add them to ur PS3 friends list and message them that way.

welcome to the league m8

I'll try to be on this evening 5.30-7.30ish. same tomorrow if anyone's up for a game. (Saigon77)

Laggin like mad for me tonight, i havent had much of a problem with games lagging before. whats causing it? anything i can do to help it? seems to have cost me a 3-0 defeat tonight! :Angryfire
Heres my speedtest would this have anything to do with it?

Last edited:
Laggin like mad for me tonight, i havent had much of a problem with games lagging before. whats causing it? anything i can do to help it? seems to have cost me a 3-0 defeat tonight! :Angryfire
Heres my speedtest would this have anything to do with it?

virgin is poss the problem as they are capping speeds from 4pm till midnight the cheaky fookers lol.
sadly our game lagged out but it was 0-0 and was in the last 15 mins of the game, we should still both be able to rematch that but i might have to invite you this time mate.

virgin is poss the problem as they are capping speeds from 4pm till midnight the cheaky fookers lol.
sadly our game lagged out but it was 0-0 and was in the last 15 mins of the game, we should still both be able to rematch that but i might have to invite you this time mate.
Seems like you were awarded a 3-0 victory according to the recent games page. when i invite you it says we have played the necessary amount of games against each other.

Seems like you were awarded a 3-0 victory according to the recent games page. when i invite you it says we have played the necessary amount of games against each other.

il have look at that mate coz im sure it says that it was 0-0 on mine, thats a bit harsh giving me a 3-0 victory when it lagged out at 0-0.

Had a couple of games last night i had a 4-0 win against saigon77 & the last goal was an absolute peach from about 25yrds. Then i played keyzer soza and got my ass tanned 5-0 i started off o.k but then it all went pear shaped after about 30 odds mins. Keyzer's a cracking player and i wouldn't mind getting a few tips from you, how do you manage to skip past players so easily and how do ya get your player to close down so quickly when defending ? I think it's now a case of battling it out for second spot cant see anyone touching keyzer well done mate.

Last edited:
Yeah that 4th was a peach alright, i wasnt doing to bad until the own goal. Got my ass kicked by Keyser_Soze 5-0 after that. The lack of pre-season training is really showing:arrrr:

about wh1tey and srevor game which from what i read had problems with lagging. If you guys wanna have a rematch, u could do a friendly match and that counts then just pass on who won the game.

Had some good games last night with m4rkone & srevor, as for sharing my tips, not a chance lol, only kidding.
Don't mind sharing some tips at all.
When it comes to defending, you have to try and see where ur player is going to past the ball, as each person has there own style which after a while u can work out, i.e if it's wing play, or through the middle. Once you know this it's easier to stop him from playing.
As for closing down the players, when u haven't got the ball use the L1 button this will change the player ur controling to one that is neares the ball of the opponent player then just hit the pass button to do a quick tackle.
For getting round the players thats quite easy as are ur doing is when u think someone is about to tackle you just move to the left or right, for tight control don't use the pace button as u'll lose the ball.

The best tip i can give tho is not to play with 5 star teams for a while. For i start off with some 2 star teams get use to passing the ball about, which is a key thing for fifa. Also it's gets u use to controling players round the box better.
then when you make the move up to a 5 star dream, it's a hell of alot easier to get the best from your team.

As for the played the necessary amount of games against each other which srevor pointed out. I've noticed the same thing as well, which is odd as when i set it up each would have 2 games each.
I've tried changing the settings and all i can do is reset the league. So when the current games are all done, i'll make a note of the league standings and then have a second part to the league.
Gives people a fresh chance in a way to battle it out for the top spot as it seems im walking away with it lol

Last edited:
well im free for games tonight with anyone who i aint played yet if you are about.
Im avail anytime till 18:30 then after 21:30 just give me a pm.

Srevor, if you want to have that friendly then give kaiser the results just let me know mate.

yeah i'll give you a game mate. not sure if i'll be on this evening. if i am i'll let you know.

Back