DW Euro 2008 DRAW and Groups

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
The draw has been made and the Leagues have also been set up. Decided to go with 5 minute halfs as with the silly system on fifa you can only play each other in odd games, so i've had to move it from playing twice to 3 times.

The teams you have got are listed below make a note of them and then see what league you have been drawn into.
Group A is very much a group of Death, which with my team i didn't wanna be in lol

Cg010169 = Sweden
M4rkone = Italy
Robc11 = France
Wilson1980 = Portugal
zhinkler = Czech Rep
boboboy = Romania
MFCGAVMFC = Germany
Wh1tey = Turkey
Baaheeduk = Spain
Dutcho = Russia

Group A league name is DWEUROA password is DW (note all done in capitals)

Russia
Netherlands
Sweden
Italy
Germany
Portugal

Group B league name is DWEUROB password is DW2 (note all done in capitals)

Spain
Turkey
Romania
France
Czech Rep

I am in Group B but it's just to monitor the results and where ppl finish and won't be taking part within that group.

The top 2 qualify from each group, then will have 2 semi finals, followed by the crowning of the winner in the final.

The leagues are now LIVE on Fifa so just add yourself to the right league and get playing.

RULES

Once the draw is made the team you get your stuck with. If you enter the league with a team that isn't yours then your out of the comp.
I will be in both leagues but only will take part in the league im drawn in, the other is to montior the 2nd league see that all games have been played and who finishes in the top 2 for the semi finals draw.

No quitting rule isn't somethink i need to bring up as all who did the other league had no issues with that. Might have the odd connected go down which can happen.
If it does then best thing to do either send a message to each other via ps3 or on here and then arrange to meet in the Mycountry online forum and have a another match there, then inform myself and i'll make a note of the score and add the points to the final standings.

No shooting from the kick off, even tho it's classed as game play cos you can do it in real life, but it's also seen as a cheat because you can't stop it if done right and makes it unfair on the average player.

best of luck to everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesss i've got Italy
Nice one Cg010169 for setting this tournement up mate cant wait to get started

woohoo i've got Germany i'm off to practice :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Oh well i got The frogs lmao should have a good chance i suppose.

No shooting from the kick off, even tho it's classed as game play cos you can do it in real life, but it's also seen as a cheat because you can't stop it if done right and makes it unfair on the average player.

Didn't now you could do that lol:Biggrin2: I tell you what i hate is when people cut in from the wing and pass the ball to a player in the box, so the keepers in no mans land and then they score with a tap in.:Angryfire

Last edited:
Anyone in group B fancy a match against turky (DONT LAUGH LOL LOL) tonight give me a shout with a time and il be on.

you think u have it bad, im the only one who has a 4 star team. I have no pace, my goal keeper is like david James 5 years ago. Can't focus on Defending with my team, it's all out attack.

Nara may not be in the comp, so best not to be sending pm about arrangin games until i know if he is in or not.

If he isn't the draw won't be replayed but i might rob holland from him, joking im sticking with what i've got lol

Last edited:
Nara may not be in the comp, so best not to be sending pm about arrangin games until i know if he is in or not.

If he isn't the draw won't be replayed but i might rob holland from him, joking im sticking with what i've got lol

ok, when will you know? are we best off not playing anymatches till then?

just found out Nara isn't in the comp works out alright will be 5 in each group. Yeah get the ball rolling on sorting out games

anyone in group A fancy a game later on?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

give me a shout if any group B matches being played tonight

I'll be on in a little bit if anyone from Group A fancies a couple of games

I'll be on in a little bit if anyone from Group A fancies a couple of games

mate i'll be available in about 30 mins mate mabye a wee bit longer then i'll get beat erm i mean play you

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Anyone on in group b yet im up for a game just post a message on ere as im on cod4 right now

had a couple of games against cg010169 last nite i beat him 1-0 in the first game then in the next 2 games he beat me 3-0 lol well played big man i'm still learning the international game i've just been Motherwell all the time this is my first foray into the national scene!

I wont be back on till sunday night probs cause i'm working all weekend

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

had a couple of games against cg010169 last nite i beat him 1-0 in the first game then in the next 2 games he beat me 3-0 lol well played big man i'm still learning the international game i've just been Motherwell all the time this is my first foray into the national scene!

I wont be back on till sunday night probs cause i'm working all weekend

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

They were good games mate. You can see the weakness more in the International teams than the normal teams. It's like i knew if you got past my defence i was knacked and that showed in the first game. long through ball couldn't keep up with your attacker, keeper messed up and you passed it into the net.
Plus you can defence pretty good mate, i was throwing everythink bar the kitcken sink at you and you didn't let up. I was running round like a headless chicken in the other two games as i've only usually gone France at international level and you can tell a big different between them and sweden when it comes to winning the ball back.
Just shows i think anyone can win in this Comp, it's alot more open than playing Man Utd or Liverpool. Im sure there will be alot of twists and turns over the coming games.

Just shows i think anyone can win in this Comp, it's alot more open than playing Man Utd or Liverpool. Im sure there will be alot of twists and turns over the coming games.

Had my first game with Whitey the other night (hes Turkey) and he had a good go at me. In the first half he totally outplayed me lol and made it one nil. In the 2nd half i played better then i equalised, he then gave me a penalty in the 90th minute lol :proud:, so i won 2-1. As you said there will certainly be a lot of twist and turns, there was in this match alone. Everyone has a good chance of winning. I aint really played with France before so ive been practicing but its not the same against the computer, i dont like to pick France when other people pick club teams online its stupid.
Ill be on later tonight if anyones up for a game in group B, but only 3 people have entered the league so far.

Back