DS Lite wont switch on

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
was sent a faulty dstt card today to check out, put it in ds and it came up but no card showing, switched ds off then back on came on then went off on its own.

now it wont come on at all first i throught it was battery so pluged charger in light come on orange then goes off.

anyone got any ideas its daughters DS and she is moaning at me :(

Could be a blown fuse m8. Theres a tut about for bridging the blown fuse if you dont have one to replace it. Or it could be the power switch.

If you can;t get anything from it then it may be an idea to at least test the fuse. My m8 has bridged a few with blown fuses BUT I havent done it myself.

btw....heres a tut.

{GUIDE} Fix a DS that won't power on (blown fuse) - DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Apple iPhone PS3 Wiz Pandora Forums

Heres a better guide Nap, on the 1st link it has links to fuses and this was on that.

Nintendo DS Lite : Repair a broken console (blown fuse - M3 Wiki)

Last edited:
well that will give me something todo :( bet it dont go back together again :)

After many months with a problem DS my wife has researched it herself (lol) and found a post on another forum that may be of use to others here.

When you take apart the unit to repair the top screen you'll notice some ribbon cables. The wide ribbon cables go into the clip only one way so there's no problem with them. There is a really small ribbon cable hidden under the wide one. When you put it back together, you have to push the cable in over top of the clip as opposed to underneath which you would normally think of doing. There is a small groove on top of the clip that the cable fits into perfectly. If you put it in underneath, you won't make a connection and the unit will immediately turn off after you turn it on.

I have not yet looked myself but intend to do so this evening. I hope this help some of you here having similar problems to me.

As I said, this is something my wife found on another forum and so is not my own work. I have however a link to the relevant thread with the info and credit should be given to the poster on that forum.

Nintendo DS repair in Cork [Archive] - boards.ie

Enticy

Hi
I have been reading somewhere about something similar
It was due to having a fake TT
There is a firmware which can supposedly brick DS lites
As said it would blow fuse 2
Which has a really high rating which seemed odd
Im thinking you might have that on the card
So i would suggest testing if its a fake
Then format the micro and start from scratch
Arround the time i read about this
There was a fixed firmware which worked on both fake and real supposedly
Sorry to say this is from memory so i doubt ill find it again
As for your fuse you only need to remove the back
If memory serves me right
Hope that helps

Hi
I have been reading somewhere about something similar
It was due to having a fake TT
There is a firmware which can supposedly brick DS lites
As said it would blow fuse 2
Which has a really high rating which seemed odd
Im thinking you might have that on the card
So i would suggest testing if its a fake
Then format the micro and start from scratch
Arround the time i read about this
There was a fixed firmware which worked on both fake and real supposedly
Sorry to say this is from memory so i doubt ill find it again
As for your fuse you only need to remove the back
If memory serves me right
Hope that helps

Theres a few posts below which will help test the cart and firmware which works with both real and fakes.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/196727/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/196015/

Last edited by a moderator:
update: got the loan of a small iron all fixed well pleased woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo saves me £100 for new one :)

It's strange that I posted on this and now I have a DS lite that wont power on. I think the power switch is knackered and needs a new one soldered on................I can solder none, tbh if I tried to solder you would think I used an arc welder, but a very kind DW member has offered to look at it for me for which I am extremley grateful.

But hey....thats DW for you, when help is needed then help is given.

Glad you got it sorted Nap.

Back