Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dreambox500s set up - newbie

there is another gem available but I can not upload it for some reason, search the forum for this

Dre@ming Toolbox Elements® V.0.1

Again I can not remember who created it so thanks to the creator

ok i'm still trying the dreamup v 1.3.3.6 and no joy it's stuck at the now power on the dreambox - but when i do nothing happens any ideas?! the null cable is correct as i've used it before on other types of boxes

ok after trying and trying i've finally got the box connected with dreamup and am flashing the box with the image given in this thread - i have a feeling my box is a clone can anyone advise is this image ok to use as i've heard some can ruin the boxes?

After i try to flash the box with the image abt 30secs later it gives an error says 'user aborted' and i have to close it, anyone got any ideas why i'm getting this error?!

Last edited:
Pli jade 3 is the one most are using or recommending, not sure abt the user abort, sorry

ok after trying and trying i've finally got the box connected with dreamup and am flashing the box with the image given in this thread - i have a feeling my box is a clone can anyone advise is this image ok to use as i've heard some can ruin the boxes?

After i try to flash the box with the image abt 30secs later it gives an error says 'user aborted' and i have to close it, anyone got any ideas why i'm getting this error?!
I had the same problem mate. Using an older version 1.3.3.2 cured it.

Chookey

ok i've downloaded the older version and it's flashing now thanks, what channels should i be able to get with this image? is there anything else i need to do other then set up the sat dish?

You should be able to get all channels from sly mate but wont be able to view premium with a cline from somebody.. You will also have your channels in alphabetical order so you need to sort those out or download somebodys bouquets and stick them on your box..

How did you get on with you scan?? I seem to get different results everytime, ranging from 610 channels to 789

Ok i was thinking it would be easier then i thought to set up the dish but no joy, could someone help me out here in the limerick city area and need a sky dish to be set up for a good signal i'm pulling my hair out here help!!

yes the fighting at dish stage is where i am indeed and the dish wins so i need to get someone to get a signal been looking in local paper but dont want to get a sky contractor out as ifthey see my dreambox would set alarm bells off or am i being too cautious?

I think your being over cautious mate a non patched dreambox is just a freesat box as yours is at this stage.

Hey again i finally got the sat dish up and scanned in for sly so have loads of blank channels anyone point me in the next step?

You are now going to need a 'c' line else I think you may have to get free sat card to watch the free channels

Edit: are you getting any free channels

ok i've got th dish up now and scanned for sly freeview channels picked up about 800 channels didn't think there was that much up there!! what is the story with sorting out the channels? can i put them in categories?

ok i've got th dish up now and scanned for sly freeview channels picked up about 800 channels didn't think there was that much up there!! what is the story with sorting out the channels? can i put them in categories?
use this to put a nice bouquet on mate.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232952/

its for a technomate but works fine on 500s, im using it.

you will need dreambox edit to load it onto dreambox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back