dreambox router problem

crofty05

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i have download dcc and have th cable hooked up to my dreambox have a green bar from the computer to the router and red to the dreambox the computer ip is 192.168.2.4 th router is 192.168.2.1 now when go down the dream box turn on dhcp turn on network settings reboot the box the ip im getting is 10.0.0.97 any one know what im doing wrong

Use remote to go into dreambox menu, depending on image- menu>expert setup>communications setup
Untick the dhcp box and set the dreambox to IP manually. Perhaps 192.168.2.5 Check subnet & gateway are correct to match your network, save and reboot.
Then in dcc software, make sure the IP is changed to match the one you just entered in your dreambox - 192.168.2.5 etc
Then connect and see if dcc line goes green?

No Mate Still Getting Bad Results Here Is Wat Its Saying <error 10057 In Function Send Socket Is Not Connected> Any Ideas

Yes m8

Your ip,s are not matching. Go to you router setup via the pc and look
at what the three settings are- Then match in dcc and in dreambox.
That should get it working and turn dchp off always. Once its set up
you can either change the set up or leave it as it is. Don,t forget to
turn network on in communications.

Fezzy

hi m8 my computer ip os 192.168.2.4 my router is 192.168.2.1 should all 3 be matching

What makes you router and do you have it assign ips for you (dhcp)?

Sounds like your router is not assigning ips why not enable dhcp on the dreambox and router then reboot and see what ip address it gives it.

if your router can, you can tell it to always assign the same ip to the dreambox. Theres a few ways you can get setuo let us know your router.

might be worth setting up via dhcp first then move onto giving it a static ip

Si

(ediited above as it didn't make sense, still might not but hey:)

Last edited:
I'd guess its a Belkin from the IP's
Just to confirm as well Crofty, the IP's should all be different on the last digit, not all the same -thats normal.
Router 192.168.2.1
PC 192.168.2.2
Another pc 192.168.2.3
Xbox360 192.168.2.4
Dreambox 192.168.2.5
PS3 192.168.2.6
etc, but whatever order yours are.

no prob m8 yes it is a belkin router going to give this a try now and see cheers lads for the help wil let you know how i get on

turn off dhcp

ip 192.168.2.25
netmask 255.255.255.0
type lan
nameserver 192.168.2.1
gateway 192.168.2.1
tick enable network

save

if this doesn't work then it sounds like you have a clone with a dodgy ethernet (seen a few :( ), wrap the ethernet cable around the box to force the connection

ok i have download dcc and have th cable hooked up to my dreambox have a green bar from the computer to the router and red to the dreambox the computer ip is 192.168.2.4 th router is 192.168.2.1 now when go down the dream box turn on dhcp turn on network settings reboot the box the ip im getting is 10.0.0.97 any one know what im doing wrong

ye ellie 1998 your dead right had it over with the brother he tryed a few things with it tryed oinging it etc and not a kick so go back with it tomor happy i know now cause i was at it all weekend and just wrecked my head cheers for the help all of ye,s

ok have it sorted went back to the shop with it was working perfect now have it going here there was to many twists in cable anyway its connected but it does say bootmanger not found anyone know what this is

Back