Dreambox Picture breakup hints thread

On a side note I don't have a dreambox, just poked my head in from the dbox section to have a read as I am considering one.

Have Fun

we will be seeing u soon the Ellie ;) as u wouldent regret it m8,not at all

The one you bought has a variable gain so not sure why you need a 20db booster then a -6db attenuator you may as well turn the 20db gain down to 14db and be done with it ?. but if it works for you and your getting a picture now then it has to be good.

@devilfish yes boosters do need a double male but it is an industry standard which is why I don't think it has been mentioned before.

On a side note I don't have a dreambox, just poked my head in from the dbox section to have a read as I am considering one.

Have Fun

I had already mentioned that as well surely the gain knob would reduce the signal/issues but nope it didnt... the Attenuators must be filtering it more better somehow regardless, and yeah from what I read on here and other threads I was the 1st to note that when getting an actual booster u will need a double ended Male output Co-axial cable to go from the booster to the Dreambox.

I was a tad disapointed no one mentioned it even if it is "standard" since ive had probs with my holes before : tosser :

My box now seems to work fine without any boosters etc. Thats until i add my splitter to add the Dbox on, then i get picture break up. Must be the weakened signal, so just a booster should fix it for me??

tv quality help!

Hey guys, wondering if you could help suggest something for me, ive got a DM500c on ntl, and im getting a lot of distortion, and playing over VLC is a bit like russian roulette - althought it always seems to work fine for premplus :)

the setup i got is a sub ntl tv downstairs and the modem and dreambox in my room, use to have an ntl 2 way splitter upstairs going to my room and tv downstairs, and then another 2 way splitter in my room for dreambox + modem.

althought tv quality sucked so i bought a 4 way splitter for in the attic (replacing ntls 2way), and dropped 2 cables into my room hoping this would help, but nope!

the gadgets i got are:

a 2 (x3.5db) splitter that ntl gave me to split the tv + modem
a 2 (x3.5db) splitter (lying about)
a 4 (x7db) splitter off ebay (suppose to be the same that ntl use)
a 4db forward path equaliser (founding it lying about)
a 50db reverse path noise blocker

whats the best setup to have for good quality tv and modem, coz no matter how i try the dreambox gets either a lot or some distortion and my sub box gets perfect quality all the time.

some tech info:

when the SNR is around 90 the channels usually show fine on tv (but suck on VLC - has to be around 93+ for vlc to play along), but for the sky movies and sky sports channels the SNR is always 85 or under and its like watching tv while having darts thrown at you - not nice! but the SNR is always between 82-93. and the AGC is always between 48-50 for all channels.

would appreciate any help!

I had to change cams a few weeks ago when it all went off, since then i get a locked screen every 15 mins or so, it comes back on after about 10 seconds.

I had to change cams a few weeks ago when it all went off, since then i get a locked screen every 15 mins or so, it comes back on after about 10 seconds.

change emus again m8 and it should sort it ;) try a old version of evo or mcgamd

Cheers, I am using a newish Neutrino image, and in the nagra menu I have Rom 3, 7, 10, 11

I think it was on 10 when the lot went off a while back, selecting 7 or 3 produces the frezzing every 5 mins of so, so trying 11???. I can not find how to change the cam tho??

I have one box with bad break up its picking up 34 diff cable modem feeds this filter is supposed to stop this. It might not work but if it does its worth the 4 quid it costs. Below is what they claim it does, guess i see when it get here;

WORKS FOR ALL DIGITAL CABLE BOXES AND COMPANIES OR YOUR MONEY BACK! THIS IS A REAL NAME BRAND FILTER, NOT THE CHEAP CLONES ALL OTHER SELLERS ON EBAY USE![/size][/font][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  • Prevents TV interference from cable-modem output signals​
  • Rugged weatherproof construction for indoor/outdoor use with internal O-ring and nickel-plated precision machined brass​
  • Blocks signal entry into upstream low-frequency (5 - 54MHz) path​
  • High Sub-band rejection (>-40dB) and low insertion loss (<0.5dB)​
  • This high pass filter is designed to filter out interference to your TV signal caused by cable-modem output signals.
[/FONT]

Got this now and it makes little difference. Sly sports1 looks better but ITV2 pic still breaking up on fast movement, so i wouldn't bother!

Got this now and it makes little difference. Sly sports1 looks better but ITV2 pic still breaking up on fast movement, so i wouldn't bother!
There is absolutely no way a cable filter can improve image quality on a digital broadcast, so any perceived difference on Sky Sports would be the result of differences in the source material, not the quality of your signal.

A digital broadcast is either there or it isn't. There is no varying degree of image quality depending on signal strength. The only thing signal strength can afffect is stability. That's not to say that this filter won't do that. For some people it might help, for some it might not. A friend of mine had a cable filter installed on his subbed box by a CC technician to deal with some signal issues.

Well the old SLX1P has sorted my picture break ups combined with variable attenuator. All the channels that used to break up are now fine best 8.99 spent ever :)

All my sky movies are blank screen with the epg fine. I have got a booster and attenuators of varying values here. Will i have to rescan everytime or can i just plug and play with varying values.

Thanks

All my sky movies are blank screen with the epg fine. I have got a booster and attenuators of varying values here. Will i have to rescan everytime or can i just plug and play with varying values.

Thanks
Plug and play away. The frequencies of the channels won't be affected by the level of attenuation.

Hi to all i tried all images but i only found the digitalworldz 1.6 image is stable no freezing no breaking so far and pas 6 months no problame at all
I appear to have a very strong signal myself, and I have never had any freezing or break-up issues with any images on my Dreambox, but it was a frequent problem on my Dbox2, where stability seemed to be image-dependent, so while a lot has been said about the supposedly crappy quality of Dreambox tuners, it seems like the images are at least partly to blame too. I've heard that original subbed boxes have some sort of limited software control of attentuation, which may be the case with Dreambox images too, which could perhaps account for some of the inconsistent stability of certain images, as such a thing would probably have to be specifically tweaked for each individual box and user. Just a guess, of course.

I find the snr of 92 is about right for all the channels, with no break up.

I fix my problem by using a catv signal booster and this does work I have tested it the only thing is you must use splitter fisrt and seperate the broad band signal for the modem and than use the 2nd out from splitter into the catv signal booster I got one with one input 3 output all work fine

Back