dreambox DM800HD My Guide on how I setup my

Re: My Guide on how I setup my DM800HD

Thanks, Very clear to follow for complete noobs like myself
:Clap:

Yeah i'll be using that image after seeing it working on a friends unit

Can anyone answer my original question on updating the software as per the guide in the .pdf ?

:)

I'm just about to get this unit, & I found this guide extremely helpful.

However I too would like to know if I can update the software using the in built feature as shown in the pdf on a clone, or will this brick it?

Excellent guide that, would this be the same for a dream500s or is it the null modem way for them?

Thanks buddy for that, and also what would be the best image for a clone, PLI jade ? (as long as i stay away from the gemini images then i'll be cool?!?!) but just wondering what would be the best image, got PLI jade on the dream C at the moment and that's nice but liked the new DW one that was out....sorry don't mean to hijack thread.

i have 4x 500's, 1x 600 with Pli 3 as clients,,,,all are rock solid and just use NAB v.12 on my 800 server

have just bought one of these boxes great read on how to thanks m8

Fantastic guide. My box is due early next week and this was exactly what i needed.

Cheers

Fantastic guide. My box is due early next week and this was exactly what i needed.

Cheers

Me too, I ordered one today from Goldwafers.

That was an excellent starting guide and I see a very steep learning curve ahead.

The next thing I need to figure out is how to get my Viaccess2 viewing card (naughty channels) working in the built in DM800 card reader.

Does anyone know if it will simply work? (Unlikely I know!)

Great stuff, mate.

Does anybody have an idiot's guide to how to set up CCam on the NabiloBlackHole_DM800_012 image?

Got my box only 2days ago and setting up now. I've tried the gemini image but the box doesn't seem to like it that much eventhough it's an original box.

Cheers

Very good guide. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of getting the DM800 as well but wonder if the price difference between the DM800 and DM600 is justified. Not too bothered about HD you see.

i've been out of the scene for a while. This is an excellent guide, very helpful as i'm looking for an alternative to cable.

Last edited:

Not sure what box i am getting next, but i wish every other box had a guide like this. Thank you.

thinking of getting one of these boxes too.. so thanks for the info...

Is it possible to use a freesat dish instead of a sky minidish ?

rep left

good post thanks :)

Thanks for the info, just ordered my dm800hd and I'm trying to learn what I can before it arrives so I'm ready to launch. It's coming with enigma 2 and Gemini 5 and bootloader 76, but frankly though I have some linux background I don't know what that all means, except that it should work out of the box. Any further reading suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Again!

Can follow this guide but once i turn off the power the Dream Multi Media logo on the box stays on all the time.

Have tried 3 different images now plus a null modem cable and no luck.

Anyone help me please.

Andy.

All sorted thanks.

Last edited:

thanks have a read whatin to get one

Back