[DM800SE] Dreambox freezing

DJACID

Inactive User
Reaction score
My server is downstairs,
and i have been using a vu+ solo and duo with no issues,
but got my dm800se clone back out as my solo gone,
was using some old old image which didnt have much on there but left it like that till i get a free day,
so today finally flashed a backup of a image i found here and my channels constantly freeze like every 30 secs,
my server is only downstair and my vu+ duo doesnt have any issues at all, has been a solid workhorse,
so could the image i flash be causing the problem,
as i only just come back to the site i only have the one file limit a day so only downloaded the backup image as it looked good with glass ulit and skin,

can anyone recommend a fast clean image for me to test out on my box,
i wont be able to get a replacement vu+ till my next pay day so next month now:grayno:

openpli good clean image

wouldnt have thought your problem was image related

double check your lines etc

router reboot may help a bit

are you wireless or homeplugs ?

openpli good clean image

wouldnt have thought your problem was image related

double check your lines etc

router reboot may help a bit

are you wireless or homeplugs ?

Is that the beta version,
Cause the dm800se I have is a clone,
Bought it as it was suppose to be original and turned out to be a clone,
Suppose that's what you get buying of ebay,

I am using a Netgear wifi booster power plug,
So have it connected by ethernet

yes beta be fine

just grab the image for clones mate

your network should be fine your not using same line in multiple boxes that will cause

you that kind of problem

I made a new line and tested it with my vu+ before putting it on the dreambox,
So will try what you say and going
To search for the openpli for clones and try it out

Think my problem solved,
Not sure if it was the new line I added or the image but its working fine now:Bounce:
Just installed a spare ssd I had lying around and good to go

glad you sorted fella

whats the reason for the ssd mate!

No reason at all, just had a small ssd lying around collecting dust,
This box hasn't been used in a while and hard drive I had inside I removed it and shoved it into a MacBook I sold on eBay,
So currently have no spare hard drive at all apart from the ssd,
Just needed one for time shift to work not for recording

Permanent Time Shift and SSD is probably not a good idea long term..as it's always writing to the SSD your likely to exhaust the NANDS a lot quicker than if you just used the drive for the occasional recording. Maybe a high speed SDHC card in a USB reader or a fast USB flash drive would be better for timeshift.

Permanent Time Shift and SSD is probably not a good idea long term..as it's always writing to the SSD your likely to exhaust the NANDS a lot quicker than if you just used the drive for the occasional recording. Maybe a high speed SDHC card in a USB reader or a fast USB flash drive would be better for timeshift.

Cheers for the info,
Did not know that, will pickup a cheap 4gb USB tomorrow and use that..

The cheap USB's normally have slow read/write they might not be suitable for time shift. You need a SD card or USB drive with fast read/writes.
Your SSD will probably be fine, it will just reduce the drives manufacturers quoted life time as they base these on the number of read/write cycles to the NAND chips in the drive. SSD's are quoted to lasy years and years anyway..so probably not much of an issue..
This is why a lot of people use a smaller SSD in PC's for the operating system (to benefit from fast boot up times, and applciation opening) but use a seperate larger standard mechanical drive for all their frequently used files, storage, downloads etc.

What about a class4 Microsd card,
Will that be too slow,
Think the 4gb USB are 10mbps speeds

Back