Dreambox 800s HD pro rev M clone

russyanderson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, normally im over on the TM side of this forum as i own TM800HD but im looking into buying a DM800 HD clone to play around with and maybe (probably) replace my TM800HD which to be honest hasnt had the best year, its only due to the hard work that people like Digidude and others put in that ive kept it that long, any how would there be any benefit in me getting the clone DM 800 HD or would you say stick with TM800HD?

Any advice would be great guys

cheers!

Depends if you want a reciever that works correctly and all adveritised features working as advertised then yes swap to a DM800HD clone. If your not bothered and prepared to sit back and wait, while TM/DrLinux/UR TEAM/IQ Team/ITGate etc...continue to tell lies about when "fixes" will come out, or deny there are any issues...etc..then keep the TM800.

The benefits of a DM800HD would be:

1. All features work correctly, PVR recording, playback, timeshift to internal SATA or USB using any make/model of hard disk. Live streaming to PC, mobile phone etc...

2. Much more choice of images and plugins, any E2 plugin should work. Dedicated development teams working on images OpenPLI, EDG Nemesis, DreamElite, OOZoon, Gemini, NewNigma, PeterPan...etc etc.

3. Much larger user base, and much more support forums cater for DM stuff. Take a look around and see how many forums even talk about TM800...theres hardly any...

4. The price of a DM800HD from China is around 125 pounds delivered, theres no other E2 Linux reciever that comes close for price/performance/features ratio.

The Dm800HD clones have been around for a while now, and any problems have been ironed out, there were initial issues with HD glitches on older rev tuners...cured with the Rev M tuner.

Where can u get a DM800 clone for £125? Very tempted at that price......

From China based suppliers, price depends on dollar/pound exchange rate. But between 125-130 is the price. Last one I got worked out at 126.
Not allowed to name suppliers against the forum rules.

I got one last week. £108 delivered via DHL in 2 days

you did well there with that price you had any problems with it

All good so far. Only thing I'd say is that I thought on the pro model the fan switched off in standby which this one doesn't

I agree £108 delivered is very good, if you dont mind mate drop me a PM with supplier detaiils.

Interesting that the fan doesnt switch off in standby. I have 2 DM800HD PRO models and on both of them the fan definitely switches off when in standby.

Theres that many different factories that produce them, maybe te source of this particualr clone hasnt implemented the fan switchoff in standby mod.

PM's sent

Interesting that the fan doesnt switch off in standby. I have 2 DM800HD PRO models and on both of them the fan definitely switches off when in standby.

I guess you get what you pay for :)

fans useless anyway as we all know, might aswell unplug it, as after time it will only start whistling and getting on ya nerves, better to pull it out and chuck a notebook cooling pad underneath it, sorted, mark will you pm where you got yours from too please, cheers mate!

Ye might pass on the info to me too lads?

I bought 2 for just under £220 delivered . Got them in 3 days also .

Upgraded from an openbox to one of these . Quite compicated at the start compared to the openbox but im getting there

Please remove if i can not post this link but these are mine

http://www.dhgate.com/new-tunner-m-...eiver/p-ff8080812d3be5b4012d75f8b3e0644c.html

They are revision m apls tuner , even came with bootloader #82 installed . I asked for the black remotes and it came with them .

The seller even stated the "right information" on the customs sheet for me , if you know what i mean

Last edited:
Back