Dreambox 800s HD pro rev M clone

what does everyone pay for money transfer?
my bank charges £13 but tell me there will also be a charge of around £11 by the Chinese agent, so that's adding £24 onto the cost of the transaction. If you only buy a couple of boxes, as Mark said, this is going to get prohibitive.
the price i've been offered is $125/unit $78 postage $328 (£202) then add the 24 plus let's say £10 customs for a "gift", maybe more, and you are looking at £118 min per box. If you then try to sell on ebay e.g. you will get £150. then give ebay/paypal 15%
is it worth it!!

Most people buy recievers for personal use, not for selling on fleebay 118 is cheap for a reciever of this spec, check what other Linux recievers cost, there is none that is as well supported for this price.
Find a buyer that accepts paypal money transfer is very unsecure means of doing business, theres no protection better off using escrow protection that some sites offer where they dont release funds to the selller util your goods are recieved, but you still wont get the boxes much cheaper, there is no benefit in selling on fleebay you will not make a worthwhile profit fleebay and paypal fees are ridiculous.

Agreed.
ebay is for buying :)

escrow through dhgate isnt it? are there any others? Paypal is not too big in China!

cheers

I got my DM800 from China & had a host of issues with it (albeit these have now been fixed with later tuner revisions etc). Ended up fixing it myself after weeks of hassle, but it would have cost me another £30 to send it back to China.

I did also recieve a customs bill from DHL (weeks after the box was delivered), which I ignored. They did follow it up with a phone call, but that too was ignored.

For the sake of £30, you can order them from UK suppliers now for £160 with next day delivery. Any issues & you can contact them direct.

Chris

cheers Chris. I'm looking to buy one for my mate, and maybe one for my bedroom, seen UK prices aoround 150 - but we all want a bargain don't we! i reckon you're all right about the hassle with China not being worth it...

btw i've had reason to deal with DHL regarding customs issues, they are certainly tenacious buggers. Not sure the Ostrich approach will work :)

bends

EMS or China Post mostly dont get issues with import tax, but they are slow 2 weeks or more wait...DHL is quite fast. Also some China sellers will tell you EMS is more expensive and charge more for shipping. Your better off with DHL, just get your seller to mark Item as low value sample or goods, you still may have to pay tax but it will be quite low. The most i've ever got charged was 9 quid, on 3 DM800HD PRO units, but at the time I saved at least 50 quid a reciever from UK prices...

I got hit once by DHL for £18 about a year ago. The goods were 1 x dm800 and 1 x dm500. Declared as commercial sample of $40

wow thats crazyness.
you declared a sample of 25 pounds and got taxed at 60 percent of its value?
lol whats all that about?

The reason was that the shipping costs were not declared and they are aslo liable to duty. they have set amounts they charge based on weight when the shipping charges are not declared (which they generally dont)

I think my DM800 was £18 as well, hence why I ignored it.

As above, got a letter & a couple of phone calls (all ignored) & not had any since (about 18 months ago now).

hello

can some one PM me where to get the dm 800 hd from at CHEAPEST price.

thanks

Hi mark any chance of a pm with your supplier details, just finding my feet in satellite world but looks darn interesting so far......................cheers

i've just ordered one as my one with the earlier tuner in is glitching a lot now, got it from the same supplier in china, £118 delivered via dhl with the current exchange rate, and it's been sent out already :thumbsup:

I'd appreciate a PM about a supplier please. Thanks!

Back