dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

Has anyone asked the ebay seller where his stock is from?the last time i looked he was selling in excess of 80 on 1 auction.
At them numbers are they coming direct from dream??

ive not had any real problems 'yet'... audio is fine, control is fine.... like i said, the only problem that i have is a signal problem due to a splitter... when i connect the box direct to the cable feed, it works a treat... if it is a fake... it works well so im not that ar$ed!

DiGG

Last edited:
You get 2 years guarantee from dream multimedia for a original box independently if your dealer close the shop in the meantime or not.

ok Guys i got a DVB box only got a couple months of warranty left so i have opened it up. also i have a box off kevin in my bedroom so i hae opened that up too.
the dbv one u posted is a dm500s the ones we need to look at r the dm500c

The 500c is also stamped 500s on the board, it's confusing but 500s on the board indicates they are legit i'm lead to believe.

well the pic posted is definitely cable box, may have 500s stamped on it but its defo not a 500 s

This box definitely come from DVB and was bought as a 500c ox and is hooked up to a cable line . look at the rear of the tuner it has coax type connections

Last edited:
The mainboard is perhaps be all 500 series from the 500s, because the 500s was the first 500 series receiver.

Why should Dream label the boards with 500c,500s or 500t if they all the same, only the tuner is different.

cant any1 open a recently purchased 500c fron DVB and take a pic?? if you stand the rear of the box on the fins on of a radiator and leave it for 15 mins or so the security label should should peel off with no damage to it. well mine did on the box from kevin.

btw there are only 3 registered sellers for dream multimedia in the UK and they are all based in england according to dreams website

Hi all.

I've purchased one of these boxes and have had lots of problems. Compared to my original DB i got about 7 months ago. Lots similar to your listed above.

1. Not finding e4, film4, more 4, trouble.
2. Crashing frequently to the point having to dreamup a new image.
3. remote not responding once reflashed.
4. Crashing with new images, while scanning.
5. Typically unstable

Eventually tonight. I direct connect the box NOT using the splitter and did a scan using DIORJ and it found all channels. Never crashed once When I connected it back up with the splitter some channels dissapeared.

Now this was not a problem with my old DB. With the splitter in it would find ALL channels and was very stable.

I'd honestly try direct connecting or using a single boster. I don't think these boxes are fake but something is still not right.

I'm not a fan of DIORJ and prefer Nutrino. Going to try NUtrion fingers crossed.

One question about the boxes from scotland.
Did they arrive with preinstalled emus and keys?

@ dream4ever.

i would expect for the price paid, and the size of the company,

that they would as standard and as shown in the picutre from there website
label them with there name, mabe not the model number 2.

e.g. with 'dream media'. like shown in the picture.

rather than
'rohs '
shown on my box, and many others........

he said dwok1 however the boot up screens were missing, so i thought it could be the diorj

he cant be an official dealer, as he would state it in his advert

i wonder where these bxes come from????

as he had about 100 for sale the other day :S

is he buying so many, hes getting them cheap?
or is he importing from china?

If he sells fakes he couldn´t get it directly from Dream Multimedia : bart :
They are cheap copies from China.

i spkoe to a guy and i was told it would be £70 £80 for china imports, that came in the green box, remote, with hollogram, buts couldnt verify if they were 100% geniune.

i was told they look the same as in the pictures, when i asked for more info.....

maybe these are them?

ok just sent kevin a email i will let you all no this is what i asked him,,,

i would like a direct answer please,,, i bought 1 from you it is working ok, but i wont to no if these are real and not fake a direct answer please, if they go wrong who do i get intouch with you or dreammedia

Back