dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

If I compare the pictures from the Dream website and the pictures that have the customers here posted, the receiver couldn´t be genuine, or have I seen something wrong?

The card reader are diiferent, the network port, the hologram ...

It´s not funny if I pay for a cheap copy £120, for £120 I can buy here a geniune receiver from a authorised dream dealer.

remember the pictures were mixed up i think , the one thats zipped as dvb is kev's , from the pics i looked at the pic of kev's is genuine when comparing with dream site

Are you in anyway connected to this ebay seller.??

nope i am in no way connected to him ,

wish i was because looking at his stock amount he must be making a packet ,

, but i have bought one from him ,

digger that is the exact 1 i got from kevin

i believe its a fake m8.... cant make my mind up.... lots of confusion! BUT to be honest m8... like i said before.... its working so im not that bothered.

flashed it last night with the new DW 1.5.img... seems fine.

DiGG

The CD comes with guides from here too. They still have pintofmilk's sig at the end.

It is only a natural progression that the fakes get less distinguishable. If you remember rightly it started off that the remotes were a dead giveaway. That was soon altered. They now have holograms too. They packaging has been changed to match. But lets be honest, deep down we know that these boxes are moody. The going rate for them in china is about £40 each and even less in bulk. In my opinion the bloke is nothing but a sheister. : tosser :

It is only a natural progression that the fakes get less distinguishable. If you remember rightly it started off that the remotes were a dead giveaway. That was soon altered. They now have holograms too. They packaging has been changed to match. But lets be honest, deep down we know that these boxes are moody. The going rate for them in china is about £40 each and even less in bulk. In my opinion the bloke is nothing but a sheister. : tosser :

Good points,they seem to work ok,its just that they are priced as much as the real thing.

Good points,they seem to work ok,its just that they are priced as much as the real thing.

@ sully

the hollograms are slightly different!
the warenty sticker is different!
the lan port is silver! no engraved!
there is no intel chip in it!

AND MOST OF ALL ITS FAKE!

THERE IS NO WARENTY WITH DREAM!

Hi all,
I also bought my 500c from e-bay seller Kevin.

I have looked at the links above and I have the new remote control the box that it came in has the holigram although I can not see the words dream up and the same for the holigram on the bottom of the dreambox. Can anyone else see the words dreamup on there holigrams.

When I look through the top of the box with a tourch I can see a sticker on the what a think is the tuner saying made in indonesia. I can also see IBM chip on the pcb sayin Digital set-top intergrated controller.
Will the fake boxes have IBM chips on the PCB?

I do not think my box is a fake but it is the the holigram that is making me a bit wary.

Hi all,
I also bought my 500c from e-bay seller Kevin.

I have looked at the links above and I have the new remote control the box that it came in has the holigram although I can not see the words dream up and the same for the holigram on the bottom of the dreambox. Can anyone else see the words dreamup on there holigrams.

When I look through the top of the box with a tourch I can see a sticker on the what a think is the tuner saying made in indonesia. I can also see IBM chip on the pcb sayin Digital set-top intergrated controller.
Will the fake boxes have IBM chips on the PCB?

I do not think my box is a fake but it is the the holigram that is making me a bit wary.

There is an intel flash chip which from looking at pics is unnamed?also a few other bits that dont add up perhaps?

Well I recieved dreambox today from DVB and here are my findings.
hologram on DVB box shows the words "dream on valid"( u need to to be in good light and tilt from side to side) on both the reciever and the packaging. tried using the lazer pen and i managed to get what looks like a little bird too of the hologram on the packaging

On kevins box/packaging neither of the bird or words dream on valid showed up at all.

the screws the holding top cover on also are different, on DVB box they are a coarse thread and on Kevins there are a fine thread.

I have opened the box up and the picture shows the difference between the two boxes. I am now convinced the boxes selling in ebay for £119 are 100% fakes, but admitedly very good copies

@ firefox is the intel chip on the ebay 1 branded?gold solder and card reader cover dead giveaway.
Wonder who will leave neg feedback on ebay lol.

@ firefox is the intel chip on the ebay 1 branded?gold solder and card reader cover dead giveaway.
Wonder who will leave neg feedback on ebay lol.

intel chip on ebay box has no markings at all, new dvb has markings but not easy to see and the blue dot. Earlier dvb box the intel chip is clearly marked as intel.

the soldering on mainboard and even the the screws holding the mainboard to base are different. notice the orange around the screws on the ebay box

@firefox

im glad someone also supports my view

and supports me that these boxes are fake, what i have been saying all along

i have had a refund last week, bought mine from dvb and he still hasnt picked his up! (thats kevin btw - who hasnt collected it ) :salute:

lol! i want to change my feedback
feel like buying a load not paying and leaving negative feedback :) lol :Laugh:

TO BE HOHNNEST THEY ARE GOOD FAKES ON THE OUTSIDE! WONDER HOW LONG THEY WILL LAST!

IF PEOPLE DONT OWN AN ORIGINAL THEY WONT SEE THEY ARE FAKES!

Last edited:
a m8 has just purchased one of these off kevin via ebay he has had nothing but trouble with it
firstly the remote is very tetchy flick thru channels quickly and it mutes? but his printed instructions do advise not to change channels too quickly as the box can crash lol though this does not happen on my original box

it came preloaded with dioj6 but he couldnt pick up any channels so he brought it round mine i backed his box up and flashed my gemini backup onto it to get it working (sort of) seems to have a weaker tuner

i put his backed up image on mine and it works fine on my box? yet on his we could not recieve any channels

so we swapped images and had them plugged into the same feed one at a time and there is a definate difference in peformance his box could not pick up all the channels and was very glitchy

it worked at his for 2 days and froze with gemini on it?

this was his first dreambox and would probably be his last if it wasnt for the fact that he knows mine has been ok for over a year and he realizes hes bought a fake

Back