dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

anyone tried the lazer trick on the hollogram????

the DVB one has DM500s above where it says where it says dream multimedia 2004 rev 7.0 although its a 500c version. could this be why they look slightly different?
I have spoken to the Guy John over a delivery problem and he seemed really genuine.

Last edited:
well i asked kevin before i bought 1 this is what he said,,,

Hi,
the box has original grey remote , hologrammed and bar codings on box and underneath unit .

the one in the pictures you got from kevin, it says on the board that its a 500s

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/deutsch/images/dm500copy/pcb_copy.jpg

your one from kevin if its a 500s matches the counterfit on the dream website

it has the 2004 date on the board. and the capcitors match up more compared to the original.

'An older release of the DM 500 mainboard from 2004 has been copied and this illegal DM500 version is not CE certified and hence, has no approval.
“Dreambox, Dream Multimedia”, and the Dream logo are registered trade marks and may be used solely by Dream-Multimedia on genuine products.

'

Last edited:
the 2 pics that were posted,, i think 1 is 500s witch is kevins , and 500c witch is dvb lab,, my 1 looks all the same as dvb labs even down to the orange but card reader as the 1 in kevins, tbh i think its real but only cos i wont it to be lol
i,m only interested in the 500c

the DVB one has DM500s above where it says where it says dream multimedia 2004 rev 7.0 although its a 500c version. could this be why they look slightly different?
I have spoken to the Guy John over a delivery problem and he seemed really genuine.
no kevins as dm500s

the one in the pictures you got from kevin, it says on the board that its a 500s

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/deutsch/images/dm500copy/pcb_copy.jpg

your one from kevin if its a 500s matches the counterfit on the dream website

it has the 2004 date on the board. and the capcitors match up more compared to the original.

'An older release of the DM 500 mainboard from 2004 has been copied and this illegal DM500 version is not CE certified and hence, has no approval.
“Dreambox, Dream Multimedia”, and the Dream logo are registered trade marks and may be used solely by Dream-Multimedia on genuine products.

'

00ps i'm so sorry i have named pics wrong, the box with DM500S dreammultimedia 2004 rev 7.0 is the box from DVB

i will reupload the pictures and rename properly

lol yeah thought they were named wrong ;0) i think i did say that early on.....

lol this is getting to be a long thread

i knew i had named pics wrong before the first upload, so i renamed the pics them but i forgot to rename the zip files too...sorry for the confusion

os if the boxes are the wrong way round the dvd = kevins so that means it matches the orange solder like the rest of us,

also rohs printed on the board where dream media should be i would have thought.

LAN PORT - is polished
card reader is different to original

looks like items are missing from board

the chip at the bottom looks silver?

got to get my brain in gear,,

the i got from kevin,,

lan port as tech on it

tuner is philips made in indonesia

only 2005rev 7.0 on board

how are you compairing card readers

to be hohnest the one i got if you look inside, it doesnt look right, and it doesnt act right, it ould be a faulty original, however the reseller from satsotre assured me it was prob counterfit,

only way is to get a lazer pen on the hollogram. :S

also bought mine from ebay came from scotland,, and the only guy i would trust to tell you is from http://www.dvb-shop24.net/ and the only reason i never bought 1 from them was i was so scared to fook it up,, i did,nt no how bloody easy it was to put a image on it

Last edited:
The boxes with 500s on the board and H&V on top of the card reader are the real one's. I looked into this previously by contacting dvb and dream directly.

Forgot to say that for that reason the boxes being sold by that kevin dude are fake if they dont have the 500s on the board and H&V on the card reader are fake for sure.

ordered mine from kevin as hv on card reader and tech on lan i got the 500c

To be honest tho, a mate bought a fake one and imo the tuner in it was better than my real one. didnt need any boosters etc on same feed that my 1 did need a booster and a lot of pi$$ing about.

To be honest tho, a mate bought a fake one and imo the tuner in it was better than my real one. didnt need any boosters etc on same feed that my 1 did need a booster and a lot of pi$$ing about.

Hi, on e bay one guy call kevin sell this box and here i can see couple of gigs bought dmbox from him and they give him a positive feedback and let other ebayer down, thats wat i dont understand why they complaining here.

Back