dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

if your bought 100 dreamboxes at £80

and were selling them at £119

would you tell people iif they were imports????

i orderd a dm 500c from dvb now ill let u no :p

IT IS ON ITS WAY :)

but i can let people no they fakes with feedback witch i will do... ok he answered me here it is.....

Hi,
we sold you the box with a years warranty on hardware and have abnd will honour that obligation . By law the company who sells you an item is responsible for any warranty issues if they arise . We operate a one for one exchange on items we sell during first year . The box is not a fake and be assured we do not take our after support lightly as you can see from our feedback here and in all our other channels of business

dreammedia just answed me...

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/thread.php?threadid=3277

Last edited:
I've opened up the 500C I bought off of Kevin around 3 weeks ago and taken as many good shots as i can but struggled with the focus a little on my shitty cam.

From what I can see it looks original to me and has worked flawlessly. If this conclusively proves it to be original then i'd quite like to see a mod or the OP edit the first post accordingly as this is someones business and we all know that people aren't going to wade through x amount of pages to find out the answer... they'll see the words "possibly fake" and then avoid, and I don't think that's very fair

idd if these are real that would be the right thing to do,, looking at your pics mine is the same as you abart from rohs i have nothing only 2005rev.7.0

If there's proof that these are real then I'll edit the title!

It's just too much of a coincidence that so many people who have bought from this guy are having similar problems.

There are more people who have bought from DVB-Shop24 and never had these sorts of problems.

I suppose someone could ask Satstore and DVB-Shop24 if they had sold over 100 dreamboxes to someone in Glasgow. ;)

In an attempt to put this to bed?i've got 14mth old dvb db i'll whip the lid off and compare with blokeinkents pics.Give me an hour though........

There are some subtle differences between my box and the pics posted from blokeinkent as follows.

1.My mobo has dm500s dreammultimedia 2004 rev 7.0 stamped on it top left.
2.Bottom right has pico 500 94v-0 0510 stamped on it.
3.The chip infront of the ibm chip in mine is a intel flash chip,on the other pics i cant make out a manufacturer?
4.The rs232 ribbon cable is considerably smaller on mine,2" in length.
5.There is lots of bronze coloured solder on the mobo pics,mine is all silver in colour?
6.Infront of the card reader is a chrome plate?mine is coloured black.
7.The warranty sticker on the box is of a different finish effect to mine.
8.The finish of some of the board components dont look as neat as mine?caps not upright etc.
9.The tuner on both of these are philips.

From my pov,i'm undecided.

I bought my box last January so my warranty is almost out aswell!

If I get a chance tonight I'll open it up and take some picks! (That's if I'm allowed :mad:)

new dreambox

after reading these posts i think ill stick to dvbuk for my new box,the guy of ebays boxes may be real but i dont think youll get much support after purchase, seems a bit dodgy selling them for this price with an image on them, considering the recent hike in cable box prices.
: spook :

I think the boxes are preloaded with DW UK01.

they are i bought one from him ,

looking at the pics on dream site the pic of kevins is real not fake ,

surely the heading of this topic should be changed as the pics of the original of the dream site match the pics of kevins ,

its only fair , as has been said its someone's business were talking about .

Last edited:
... as has been said its someone's business were talking about .

If I compare the pictures from the Dream website and the pictures that have the customers here posted, the receiver couldn´t be genuine, or have I seen something wrong?

The card reader are diiferent, the network port, the hologram ...

It´s not funny if I pay for a cheap copy £120, for £120 I can buy here a geniune receiver from a authorised dream dealer.

and it´s not funny if someone makes business and money with the images from this internet site.

The programmer from this site spare his time to make images and provide it for less on this site and this guy want to make money with this :Chainsaw:

Really very creative !

He is selling them with an image from here, i'm pretty sure the team didn't write the image so he could make money from it, I have no sympathy for any losses his business suffers.

If a member is caught selling a box with an image that has been created by someone on this site and they don't have the creators permission, they will be permanently banned!

It clearly states here.

I don't care if it's his business! He's trading using images and software that was taken from these forums. If he wants to come on here and defend himself he is welcome to! So far, I haven't seen him!

We haven't said his boxes are fake, the title says they 'could' be fake. It's up to the individual to read through this thread and make up their own mind whether to buy from him or not!

What this guy is doing is wrong, sell boxes by all means, but let people know how to mod them themselves, point them in this direction, but don't rip off the work off others, thats just not right.:grayno: :grayno:

@ dream4evar i agree.....

not sure what the other @sullly is on about.....

cause are we all we all seing things?????? lol
the ones from ebar match up with the fake ones.....

well i have my box from ebay here and my new 1 from dvb is coming monday :)

so we will soon see:)

Back