dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

jayjayuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. the hollogram doesnt have dream up in the box by the wizard!
2. inside the box it has the same layout of capacitors by the vidoe/audio out put as the counterfit pcb on the dream site.
3. it crashes!!!

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/dm500_copy_eng.php

if anyone else has bout the same unit, please have a look through the top and have a look using a torch and maybe confirm or not what i say.

thanks

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/products_dm500.php

Last edited:
Thanks for heads up, was looking for a couple of boxes but I'l avoid these.

get them from dvbstore, using the code from here, you pay the same price for an original, with a waranty,

ive had my box off ebay a month and taken over 2weeks of trying to get a replacement or refund, gone to ebay n paypal now

I got a box from Kevin , it didnt have serial no. or mac adress sticker on the bottom of the box and the remote didn`t work worth a f**k. Buy from DVB.

i got mine off a kevin 2, amazing how a lot of ppl seem to have a lot of problems, also y he has 100% feedback, we should all complain to ebay? we may get some where?

especially if paypal can get us dosh back :)

and in his emails hes called jon???? :S hmmmmm

got mine from ebay...kevin...(guy called john via email)... apart from a poor signal to my house it seems to work fine...but then i know sh1t all about them..

it has the hologram & s/n etc.. and a genuine control

DiGG

after a closer look at mine and looking at the above link.... the hologram on mine is different

on mine you cant make out the word 'DREAM' in the circle thing next to the wizzard!

if you paid via paypal open up a case, and try ebay 2 :)
good luck and let us no how you got on!

strange... the parts that i can see WITHOUT taking the back off look the same as the original?.... (satstore links)

should i take the back off to see for sure???

i can post a pic then i suppose?

lol yeah true, wouldnt worry, how come u need a boster then?

where the dram writing is printed on the mainboard by the lan port

mine says rohs ver 7.0

also the lan port isnt engraved

some of the chips have different names
as well as having more capacitors.

im not taking the lid of yet.

@Devilfish: yes m8.. seems to be...

well i took the back off...

2 differences...

1 is the tuner is made by phillips on mine...
2.is the writing is a liitle different... the original says 'yang an' or something.. mine says 'Top1 pico 500'

cant get a decent pic to post :(

where the dram writing is printed on the mainboard by the lan port

mine says rohs ver 7.0

also the lan port isnt engraved

some of the chips have different names
as well as having more capacitors.

im not taking the lid of yet.

yep.. 2005 rev 7.0
lan cover thing is engraved (on mine)

hmmm not sure......

1 thing i have noticed is on the pcb in my box, there are holes in it for items to go, with nothing in them, however if you look on the original pcb, there are no un-used holes.

on the orginal phillips tunner it says made in china, however min says indonesia? :S also

if you have a lazer pen you could check your hollogram
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/deutsch/products_dm500.php

or see if it shows the words dream on in the box by the wizard that i was told on the phone by an offical re-seller

also as you can tell there is more than 1 dreambox counterfit......

Last edited:
Back