dreambox 500c on ebay £119 could be fake!

@ admins.....

cant we have a sticky with just fakes on ebay

images along side each ebay name showing what the boxes look like etc....

maybe this would inform potential customes to stay away! and solve any problems where people who say they are n are not fake? :)

with a little on what to look out for when buying:

such as 'dream on' and 'valid in hollogram.

maybe if we all wrote down our serials off fake boxes they could be the same?

also what to look out for in the box e.g.
dreammultimedia - printed on board
500 - printed on board (shine a tourch in)
polished lan port
plane black card reader
yellow solder
long cables covering chips (maybe these cause some of the problems)
the warenty sticker on the back is solid not little circle blocks. (wen removed)

also a place where to buy them and make it 1 post, but it can be edited by admins... so it doesnt get long like these....

There is already a sticky for fake dreamboxes.

Too many stickys clutters up the section in my opinion.

I'll link to these threads in the Information sticky.

i sent him a email ebay saying i take it there are not fake
at this price if you can prove to me that there are not fake
then i will have 2 off you.

he replyed back saying there are not fake but good clone's

I was going to place an order with him for 3 last week until I found
this board and this thread, so I sent him a message asking if they
were fake or genuine (he had replied to all my messages previously)
and he completely ignored me, so I ordered from dvb instead, box
due tomorrow (wednesday) - horray!.

Is CLONE a posh word for FAKE then ?. LOL

i sent him a email ebay saying i take it there are not fake
at this price if you can prove to me that there are not fake
then i will have 2 off you.

he replyed back saying there are not fake but good clone's

Bit of a chancer, why not just advertise them as clones, people think they are buying an original dreambox. Now thats just rippin the piss outta people and it`s insulting

how easy is it to see through the slits on the top of the case. im waiting for my box so i can pick it up from the seller. ill check it there rather than taking it home if im not happy then ill get a refund

how easy is it to see through the slits on the top of the case. im waiting for my box so i can pick it up from the seller. ill check it there rather than taking it home if im not happy then ill get a refund

who you getting it off, try also looking at the solder on the board near the back of box, , orange kinda tinted solder looks fake, real boxes seem to have good silver colouerd solders

seller here

makes me think tho having 100 avaliable then importing in. but the seller is about 10mins from me and im going to collect in person

Last edited:
seller here

makes me think tho having 100 avaliable then importing in. but the seller is about 10mins from me and im going to collect in person

sticker on bottom of dreambox don`t look right either, or maybe im just getting paranoid lol. Take your time with purchase, and don`t be afraid to ask where he`s getting them from and so forth, and peek inside with a torch... Any suspicions at all, tell him you think its a clone, and either you don`t want or haggle :D

for an extra £20 quid or so you can have a guaranteed original, is it worth it ? only you can decide

If the fakes have really all the sam MAC adress it´s not difficult for Dream Multimedia / Gemini Team to make a new image that didn´t work on the fakes.

And then are the fakes worthless :grab:

just emailed seller to check and said id also check when i picked it up and he replied:-Our Dreambox DM-500C are Supplied by Approved Company with
ISO9001:2000 certificate and UL, CE & RoHS certificates. they are ORIGINAL and with HOLOGRAM. we are waiting our stock delivery, we will confirm you soon.. regards

just emailed seller to check and said id also check when i picked it up and he replied:-Our Dreambox DM-500C are Supplied by Approved Company with
ISO9001:2000 certificate and UL, CE & RoHS certificates. they are ORIGINAL and with HOLOGRAM. we are waiting our stock delivery, we will confirm you soon.. regards

ask who approved company is, as all approved dealers are listed on dreams website

plus if he is waiting on stock delivery, why has he got 79 for sale on fleabay....I smell a rat : shocked2

owns his own building company to, prob them that have the cert , as listed in his auction his companies web address

Last edited:
yeah saw his site, think he put that amount up as a pre order thing. gets the order then gets the items in

got this back after asking about them

'when we get them in, you welcome to see us and we show you all the bits and full details, if you say yes, you take it away, if you say no, you get full money back...

Last edited:
yeah saw his site, think he put that amount up as a pre order thing. gets the order then gets the items in

got this back after asking about them

'when we get them in, you welcome to see us and we show you all the bits and full details, if you say yes, you take it away, if you say no, you get full money back...

fair do's, but like you said, pop round and pick it up, gives you a chance to look and be happy before you take it away

just look at the hollogram....

if you move it in certain light,
in the box next to the wizard it says

'dream on' and 'valid' but only in certain angles

in my experience, the one from dvb had this,

as the one from ebay DIDNOT!

also the one from ebay i still have is complete rubbish, it crashes and looses channels! ?

tried lodsa different images
even gave it to my m8! and it crashed on him!

also its a much slower box! its doesnt seem as quick around the menus as the dvb one!

plus dvb u get a warenty!

a real warenty! :)

fair enough buying something fake, but when people fob u off it annoys me!
also the fake ones are cheap less than £40 id say for them to buy em in....

think about it...... most shops make 30% on items......

and on ebay, you have fees + p&p...... so they are gna b making a bob.

id stick with dvb! 100% :) legit and i learnt this the hard way :)

jay u said he gave you your money back (i think) how did you, did you send box back, or just said these are fake i wont my money back

Back