Dream 600 help

flash with original then

1. Boot the box, goto the communication menu and note the ip address.

2. Run DCC, connect to the dreambox. Once the network is connected ok, click on the the 'Telnet' option.

3. In the telnet window, type the following, pressing <return> at the end of each line.

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

4. You should now get a message saying that the Dreambox is rebooting.

5. Wait a few seconds and then run Explorer (Firefox or whatever) and enter the ip address of the Dreambox in the address bar.

6. On the screen that appears, choose the 'Upgrade firmware' option, find the .nfi file and click the 'Flash' button.

7. Once the progress bar reaches 100%, reboot the box

Done

i followed the steps bro, the jade image is now on, but i still cannot do anything, i have no idea why. the orig image works fine, but when ever i put anything else on it just will not do anything :S any ideas?

why not try a nabilosat image ,,worth a try and they are good images

yeah i will mate, im not against trying any image, it was just this was the one i had on the pc. should i flash via the telnet way you told me again bud?

the calls your mate.either way you could try,i would try dreamup way first

Last edited:
im having a similar problem with my DB600pvr- i had gemini project on there but it didnt have the full channel list for sly, but was fine for astra 19 and hotbird.

i switched to nabilosat darkstar 2- im getting more of a channelist than before for sly but as my post shows im still missing some channels.

made be careful of using the gemini images- some are clones and others dont recognise the hard drive

i was going to ask whether jade pli will sort the channel list problem out but clearly not

Back