Dream 600 help

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
got a dm600, was working fine with jade 2 pli, but i couldnt load a channel list. so i reset the box and put the image back on. it writes sucsessfully, but when i turn on the splash screen loads, it flickers then goes black. any ideas how to sort it guys?

i would reflash it m8
then go to network and make sure ur connected
then downloads and get captain pacards latest
u will need to do a scan on hotbird and astra though as the channel list
is missing a few

ive reflashed it twice, still the same mate. i a total noob to dm's, im using the jade pli image, is there another type of image i can try? just so i can get the box going?

Ive been trying to help with this i sent the box witrh jade pli2 on it and it worked fine. beef wanted a channel list so we tried image with channel list and he got bad sectors.

So we used dreamup to repair bad sectors then reflashed with jade pli2 then he says he gets the jade pli image come up it flickers as if booting then black screen and no remote function.

We have also tried and older jade pli image which flashed successfully but had the same problem.

similar problem here

might be worth a read m8.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried another version of dreamup,,nabilosat images are good aswell

im trying to use an older version of dream up, but it just opens the newer one that i deleted, any idea how i can stop this doing this?

is it a raw image or someone elses back up?
have u changed something i.e hardware(i installed new hd and it was doing the same ,so i reflashed using pli2 its fine now.

ive tried using diff images, took the hdd out, but still no joy. i can get the jade 2 to load now, to the point where it says thank you for using pli, but the remote doesnt do anything, apart from make the front of the box flash as tho its recieving a signal from the handset, but nothing :(

what version dreamup are you using?

from what mcgoo says in the other thread he had to recover the bad sectors with latest version then reflash using older one?

unless i'm reading it wrong.

Try this telnet to the box & input
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
this will kill the box.
then reflash the box with dreamup.

right, what a fook on lol. i flashed the box with orig fw, worked fine. put jade on, loads to the splash screen, thank you for choosing jade etc, then nothing. can i use the orig fw and cardshare? coz if so i mite just do that coz its starting to get right on my nerves lolol

Do you have a hard drive in? If so, I would try and flash with it out.

Si

thw wierd thing here is that the exact same image that i flashed to the box before i sent it to him worked and now it doesnt?

same os,same image same version of dreamup samebox with hdd in.

Sorry mate just read the whole thread and read you tried the hardrive out.

Where are you upto now? Are you getting a network connection between the box and router?

Si

using the original fw, i can use the box, scan etc. if i can do everything i want using this fw ill use this, is it poss tho?

thw wierd thing here is that the exact same image that i flashed to the box before i sent it to him worked and now it doesnt?

same os,same image same version of dreamup samebox with hdd in.
If i am reading this right you copied an image off your box ?(which was working) & he flashed it on to his.(& it doesnt) .Do you have barryallen multi-booting on your system? Because i backed up an image for a friend off mine ( from the multi-boot section not the flash) & it did the exact same thing. All i did was flash the latest pli-jade image onto his & it worked fine.

If i am reading this right you copied an image off your box ?(which was working) & he flashed it on to his.(& it doesnt) .Do you have barryallen multi-booting on your system? Because i backed up an image for a friend off mine ( from the multi-boot section not the flash) & it did the exact same thing. All i did was flash the latest pli-jade image onto his & it worked fine.

No sorry despdan the box he has i sold to him via trading and wants on here.

I flashed it with jade pli2 clean image before i sent it to him it was all working but to save time scanning i suggested he ftp a channle list to the box. He did but said that the bouqet list was empty?

So i sent him an image that i had been given that i had used on the box before that already had a channel list on it he flashed this image which gave him bad sectors.

So he repaired the bad sectors with dreamup and then went to flash jade 2 again.

Now each image that he flashes unless its the official image doesnt boot past the jade pli screen or nabilo screen.

We have tried jade 1 also. Just to be clear the box is a clone.

Back