Dont ever buy a Technomate there shite shite shite

got a tm500 at work and its never missed a beat in 2 years

this is my first post in tm as ive not got one but would like to say there is good and bad in all brands i had 2 dm500s go last week on the same day not sure whats wrong but they are just paper wights now

again its getting BLOWN OUT OF ALL PROPORTION not all TM products have problems, Ive read the non Linux boxes are great to use and user friendly :)
I think the problem lies with the Linux boxes they sell, even then its not all, I cant comment as I dont own all there Linux boxes, so would be unfair of me to

anything that is mass produced will get a percentage that will fail in any brand or make, the main concern with TM on this forum is 1 box

Im not here to defend TM in any way "far from it" but its unfair to slate every box they make

I bet there cheap Chinese clones though Tony ;)

Good customer service doesnt make up for having poor products... Personally I first looked in TM linux recievers when the TM500/600 were first released .. they looked like a good UK based alternative to using DM500 / 600 clones which was good as you wouldnt have hassle of posting back to china for warranty etc..

Then I found out they were ITGate related supported by UR Team and decided to steer well clear of them...if anyone knows of ITGate and UR Team you'll know of how badly supported and over priced their cable range of recievers were the TGC series supported on Satkings before it closed down...

Glad I never bothered with anything TM Linux based... did they ever fix the reported issues on TM500/600 ? I seem to recall the aspect ratio , streaming issue and CCCam server issues amongst others. Now if cheaper and supposedly inferior clone Dm 500 and 600 recievers do not have these issues...I personally dont see the sense in paying more for poor software support.

This is before the whole TM800 fiasco even began...theres no need to even get started on that one...enough has been said already...

This is before you even consider how much better support in terms of number of images, plugins etc there is on the DM side... The worst thing of all though what turned it for me was the UR team "trader friendly" images...so insted of of fixing software bugs and issues they concentrate on trader friendly features like..hidden softcam config files, locked menus so users cant chage settings or reflash etc.. the URSR images..

Last edited:
The handbook for my TM6900HD HD Super combo was pretty poor - but then I suppose a lot of handbooks are for various products. Tests your minds flexibilty to work out how to do what to do - but I was fairly impressed with its eventual performance vs my old echostar 3600 via ip. Had a recent non USB port recognition issue (stb is 3 years old now) which was a bummer - couldn't record and worse still no recognition of my hard drive to play a load of stuff recorded and needing to be watched. Emailed their support re usb problem - didn't even bother to respond - so their support is non-existent in my mind - sheer utter ignorance.
For my sins i have just bought a TM6902 etc. - purely based on the fact I can hook up whats there already & hopefully play all my recorded stuff on a likewise stb.

old tm6900 will get binned

Well I have my trusty TM6900HD Super, having previously owned Echostars and Manhattans - and, as has already been stated earlier ALL stbs have 'some' problems, but apart from the USB/blown capacitors problem I had a few months ago (now resolved) its been a brilliant box, so certainly no complaints from yours truly!:littleang:Biggrin2:

I bet there cheap Chinese clones though Tony

are you the site booky RAT yes you are rite they were chepo clones

Rat is correct ..the gripe is NOT with TM other boxes they are pretty damn good .
Its the TM800HD which is a shocker , i am just saying that the problems i have had with that particular box has made me not want another TM product ever.
This is turning into a similar thread hahaha deja vuuuuu
woohoo lets have another TM800HD moan thread pmsl.

hi all it is along time from we had a new patch for the 9600 super { there is for the new ones } i am a retired old man and can not aford a new reciever so i have to make do with what i have i do like the tm it is easy to work with
thank you and good/luck to all

not even seen a TM box, but have read a lot of posts on here about there they seem to have good points and bad points, but a hell of a lot more bad point, I'm gong down the dream box route less hassle.

Not all TM boxes are poor. Even one of the guys who is sometimes accused of being vociferous against TM posted a very positive comment endorsing the 5402HD.

Their closed source boxes are fine. Their Linux based ones are not so. Particularly the TM800. Their customer service is very good provided the receiver functions with the software that has released. When someone rings them, they do say you will leave with your issue resolved. No amount of welcoming and holding your hand can overcome the limitation of the software. What also does not help is condescending remarks and dismissal of issues which people are reporting and the customary, "its not a clone", "its a a better receiver with superior hardware", "X, Y and Z do not do this", "it's only a satellite receiver, its not designed for youtube", "you are doing something wrong, follow A,B,C". However their closed source ones perform some of those functions flawlessly.

The forum allows critical comments about all receivers. However some people derail the discussions being made. Others post very succinct remarks such as "give it back while you can and get your money back, other receivers do what they say on the tin, not this one". It is for individuals to digest what is being said and make their own decisions. For others, they have spent £300 and they are quite rightly cheesed off and they may want to hurt TM by rubbishing them as a whole. I feel this is incorrect. It should only be correct and truthful facts that are posted and whining about issues that exist but not relevant to the subject matter as said by others, ought to be dealt with so discussions can be had and information exchanged. Dr Linux, had an infraction about his persistent ABC remarks. However, his ABC was stickied so that people can read it.

Perhaps the best solution is to make the TM800 a separate section with a compulsory message with a link to a page detailing what is not working and any work arounds and their ramifications?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back