does anyone know why?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
for a while now ive suspected that when i put my dreambox intpo standby that it moves the dish just off the last satellite it was on. the thing thats made me think this is my card miss updates, even though theyre in the reciever, and i was viewing that channel last, then when i turn it on, it says turning to wherever, then i get a black screen for a bit

so i put a spectrum analyser on the LNB loop out just monitoring whats coming back from the dishes LNB, and about 10 seconds after switching to standby the power to the LNB is cut, so the reciever is as close to turned off as could be possible (consumption wise)

does anyone know how to keep power going to the LNB in standby mode?

i dont think u can keep the voltage going to the lnb once the rx is in standby, only thessky ones have this feature as far as im aware.
if you know when your card gets hit just leave it on overnight?

you might be able to do someting in the software seeing its linux , as an addon maybe

i agree with nochance,

only sly boxes keep power going to lnb,ive noticed this aswell with technomates more so when left off on 16e,had lots off fone calls form customers wondering why there digi alb card has gone off,till i get there the dish has moved a fraction off,all ive done then is either reboot box or move motor with remote and save settings........

as for my receivers they never get turned off anyway,like me pc's LOL

Hi Guys

Its the other way with my setup! When i move from 19e to 13e etc i
don,t have a problem, but when i go to say 1w and back again , it
stops off the sat, and some times miles away. I think i,ve found the
problem as the motor is set correctly to the ark, i think the motor is
kn*ckered, so i,ve bought a new one. Have not fitted it yet, because
of rthe weather, but when i do , i hope it susses it.

Fezzy..:nopity:

Back