Do I Buy a Spiderbox ?

Yes it is a problem. Servers just arent prepared to run 2.1.1 due to the security flaw, so you have to stick with the server+ that is provided and included. That is fine, but if you want a choice of server or to create your own then this is not the best receiver to recommend. So it all depends what you want to achieve with your equipment.

Yes it is a problem. Servers just arent prepared to run 2.1.1 due to the security flaw, so you have to stick with the server+ that is provided and included. That is fine, but if you want a choice of server or to create your own then this is not the best receiver to recommend. So it all depends what you want to achieve with your equipment.

Hmmm thanks for that, some very useful info in this thread. Do you think that the spiderbox will ever be udgraded so it will be able to run other cccam that dont have the security flaw ? Its all a bit of a nightmare for people who have no knowledge of how to set up or work linux boxes. What would perhaps be the cheapest linux box to try out on & is it ridiculously difficult to work with ?
Thanks in advance.

i have to disagree with you on that one m8!! regards mdt

I definately have used 213/214 flawlessly, no need to lie.
I also used 211 and it was crap and also a dodgy 209.
A membe ron here had me test 213 or 214 cant remember which and a few others tested it as well and it worked 100%.

I definately have used 213/214 flawlessly, no need to lie.
I also used 211 and it was crap and also a dodgy 209.
A membe ron here had me test 213 or 214 cant remember which and a few others tested it as well and it worked 100%.

i`m gonna have to disagree with you and agree also.

2.1.1 is spot on, however i ran 2.13 / 2.14 before and that was freezing all the time.

however someone has given me a test on 2.13 and its seems very stable, that being said though its on the latest firmware.

would be helpful to know if this is a fix implemented by the spider team rather than its just who your getting it off is crap...........

Get yourself a HD box if you get one as it has slots for cams and most channels are moving over to dvb/2 which only clear with a HD box.I would recommend these boxes but wouldnt recommend the support or should i say lack of support you get from peeps involved,cough-banned,cough-comment deleted.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
further to add to this post.

2.1.3 doesnt run stable after all.

fresh install of ubuntu 9.04 with cccam 2.1.3 clients connect fine but disconnect themselve and reconnect almost instantly exactly every 8 minutes, tried this on 3 different sets of hardware exactly the same. From the clients perspective picture is stable until you change channel, then it freezes.

also tried it using using a tm500 on 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 near same results.

spider box on the latest firmware, with unadulterated c lines / flines.

the only way to get it stabel 100% has been by using 2.1.1, on the linux system managed to get 2.1.4 to read a card and then run 2.1.1 simutaneously to serve client..................stable

its in no way "just who you get it off" as many many many people have stated other clients run fine.

still flaws in the firmware, good box though on 2.1.1

it depends on what your after m8, the service+ is good 90% of the time and the pq is great but ive just sold my 9000hd after 4 months as i was sick of it disconnecting/glitching on c-lines. there are a great deal of happy spiderbox owners, but dont have a problem or the support forums will just dismiss you as a fool/dont know what your doing. my personal opinion is if you want a hd box with server connection thrown in then fine get a spiderbox but if your after using c-lines then then look elswhere. regards mdt

All i can say it took me a long time to change over to spiderbox 9000 hd as i love my tm 6900 hd combo but have to say i have no regrets gift is great all ways something on it the odd time goes down but over all great i also use cccam great its up to you

The gift is good but you can't rely on it 100% if you want to watch a certain program on a certain channel. There are often channels not opening (temporarily) for some (unknown) reason or another.

But there is always something interesting open somewhere, especially if you have a motorized setup (I don't by the way).

Mdt, sorry to hear you got rid of your spiderbox. I always find your posts (both here and on other places) about it (and other stb's) very interesting, objective and honnest.

cheekymonkey or anyone that has previosly posted IN THIS THREAD!!! want to test a c line using 2.1.4 on the server side I will be happy to give you a temp to test with.. stable server with little or no freezing. pm only..

Ok someone here was kind enough to give me a test cline.I have a spiderbox SD5000.I must say i was kind of impressed.Dont get me wrong,there was still freezes and glitches but few and far between.Now i had my broadband provider put me on a gamer profile which brings ecms down to about 8.Since i did this the cccam in spiderbox has improved.Most other test clines i tried were unwatchable.In my mind i still think cccam in spiderbox can be improved alot instead of brushing it under the carpet.Ive done alot of tests now,so yes the spider can be improved but we could also try checking our broadband ecms and ping to see whats happening.Because it could afterall be our end,but again dont think that is true.Anyway thanks for the cline,you know who you are,it just goes to show it does work with cccam but a bit of fiddling will improve it.

dOOds

Ok someone here was kind enough to give me a test cline.I have a spiderbox SD5000.I must say i was kind of impressed.Dont get me wrong,there was still freezes and glitches but few and far between.Now i had my broadband provider put me on a gamer profile which brings ecms down to about 8.Since i did this the cccam in spiderbox has improved.Most other test clines i tried were unwatchable.In my mind i still think cccam in spiderbox can be improved alot instead of brushing it under the carpet.Ive done alot of tests now,so yes the spider can be improved but we could also try checking our broadband ecms and ping to see whats happening.Because it could afterall be our end,but again dont think that is true.Anyway thanks for the cline,you know who you are,it just goes to show it does work with cccam but a bit of fiddling will improve it.

dOOds
Haha, your end all the time, that share on 214 runs flawless on spider as you now know!

:AMIFACE: manic.

Not flawless but alot better.lol

dOOds

Using my Spiderbox 7000HD loaded with the latest Patch

& private shares

i,m currently using

CCcam 2.11,2.13,2.14 via 5 C: lines

There all fine for me never gets disconnected

I cannot fault this box regarding CCcam

The recommendation to do a factory reset after loading 08-11-2010 patch is due to a change in the use of CCcam line connections.
If the latest patch is applied and a factory reset not performed, it can cause long delays in connecting to outside servers.

Back