dm800hd se setup??

saj sorry m8 I posted it before I looked back at earlier posts.

so ive managed to transfer it over where can I now find them and how do I get them up??

cheers.

saj sorry m8 I posted it before I looked back at earlier posts.

so ive managed to transfer it over where can I now find them and how do I get them up??

cheers.

no worries bud,
install dreamboxedit,
then download this attachment i've added,
and extract with winrar or winzip etc,
once you've done that double click on dreamboxedit program,
click on 'Tools' and then 'Options',
pop in your IP address, (for HTTP port is 80 default for me),
username on dreambox is 'root'
password on dreambox is 'dreambox'
make sure you click on 'New Enigma2 Settings'
test your IP connection by clicking 'Test IP Connection' just to make sure its working fine!
once all that is done click on save!

now click the 'Open' folder in the top left hand corner,
browse to the catseyes folder that you earlier extracted,
double click the folder then click 'ok',
the click 'FTP',
followed by 'Send files to Dreambox',
once thats done it will pop with a message, just click to the message,
then click on 'Reload settings on Dreambox',
once your dm800se to boots up, you'll notice the difference! :)

p.s i hope that makes sense and its not as bad as it sounds lol!

Attachments

• Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 20.01.2013.rar
    1 MB · Views: 1
cheers saj your a gentleman;-) sounds easy eh!!!

ok so I now see them all loaded but still no channels to watch when I try bbc1 its comes up tune failed!!

all ive got on screen is the dw dragon image.

cheers.

Last edited:
cheers saj your a gentleman;-) sounds easy eh!!!

ok so I now see them all loaded but still no channels to watch when I try bbc1 its comes up tune failed!!

all ive got on screen is the dw dragon image.

cheers.

im not sure bud,
im not familiar with the dw image,
i had a go at it briefly and i know its based on openpli images,
maybe double check the details you put in as in the long and the lat to make sure its correct?

if its correct then adjust your Long mate,
move up in point 2 and see if it gets better or move down the same ie. Long 2.6 move 2.8 3.0 etc and the same down.
im not saying it is but your dish could be slightly out and moving your long may help, it could be worth a try bud

Who setup your dish and did they check to see if they could get all the sats?

ill give it a try;-)

wiz I set it up myself well with the help of the setup guide on here, ill double check the set up tomorrow but im sure its right,, pole bracket plumb all way round motor bracket set by my latitude and dish sitting pretty flat facing south.

thanx for your time guys but ill double check this before annoying anyone anymore;-)

cheers.

ill give it a try;-)

wiz I set it up myself well with the help of the setup guide on here, ill double check the set up tomorrow but im sure its right,, pole bracket plumb all way round motor bracket set by my latitude and dish sitting pretty flat facing south.

thanx for your time guys but ill double check this before annoying anyone anymore;-)

cheers.

Did you set it up using the dm800se or using another receiver?

set it up with the dm800hd se its me first dish/box;-)

no not yet m8 im still trying tho;-)

the only thing I might be concerned with is it pointing exactly south going by my compass on the iphone its its slightly between s and se might need to adjust that

set it up with the dm800hd se its me first dish/box;-)

lol then its not setup properly :)

Ok if you now have a channel list on it try the following,but you will need access to your dish,

double check that the motor setting is correct and that you haven't mixed up your latitude and elevation on the motor arm,

then once thats ok drive the motor to 0,which should be at Menu - Setup - Service searching - Positioner Setup

highlight the Goto function and then it should be Green to Goto 0,it will tell you at the bottom of the screen,

Once thats done make sure the dish is pointing fairly close to your true south,which will depend on your longitude reading,
then tune to a FTA channel on 28.2E,once there move the whole dish/motor left or right till you get the best signal,
then try moving the dish alone up or down to peak the signal,

If you can get that done you should be ok :)

EDIT: The nearest sat to your longitude reading is your true south,well as near as matters anyway

wiz thanx for the help m8 but im still getting tune failed when I try bbc1 etc, ill go back to it tomorrow and check the dish settings,

if I cant get it with the help you guys have given maybe this isn't for me lol

thanx again

wiz thanx for the help m8 but im still getting tune failed when I try bbc1 etc, ill go back to it tomorrow and check the dish settings,

if I cant get it with the help you guys have given maybe this isn't for me lol

thanx again

If possible take a good few photos tomorrow from various angles as well as up close, maybe we might spot something odd :)

Don't worry we will get there

sent using my telepathic powers

If possible take a good few photos tomorrow from various angles as well as up close, maybe we might spot something odd :)

Don't worry we will get there

sent using my telepathic powers

are you getting tune failed just on BBC channel or all channels ??
When was the last time you scanned channels ?
only saying that when I first put image on I kept getting tune failed ! Had to rescan again !!

Last edited:
alright guys just the pest back on again;-) wiz ill take a few photos tomorrow and post them see if u can spot anything(few too many beers to be jumping up now;-)....hope I get there soon the f1 starts in a few weeks lol

hi slugs im getting tune failed on all channels just scanned them and still 0 services.

cheers.

alright guys just the pest back on again;-) wiz ill take a few photos tomorrow and post them see if u can spot anything(few too many beers to be jumping up now;-)....hope I get there soon the f1 starts in a few weeks lol

hi slugs im getting tune failed on all channels just scanned them and still 0 services.

cheers.
Lol F1 today and all weekend mate on skyf1 !! :)) soooo frigging get out there and sort it !! :)

ok still struggling to get this dish setup, went and bought a little satellite finder thought it might help find something but even when its connectedthere no signal reading from it, is there anything that's likely to be faulty lnb etc? thought id better ask before I go stripping it down

cheers.

ok still struggling to get this dish setup, went and bought a little satellite finder thought it might help find something but even when its connectedthere no signal reading from it, is there anything that's likely to be faulty lnb etc? thought id better ask before I go stripping it down

cheers.

If your getting no signal then its either faulty tuner,cabling,connectors or lnb

If your dish moves then the cable between the receiver and the motor is OK,so then double check the cable between the motor and lnb,then if you have a spare lnb,test that,

Would still like to see some pictures though

wiz thanx for your help m8 very much appreciated but ive now got a picture:Clap: connector on the lnb end was a bit iffy....thank feck that was nearly pulled down(might even go have a beer now)

whats the next step lol?

wiz thanx for your help m8 very much appreciated but ive now got a picture:Clap: connector on the lnb end was a bit iffy....thank feck that was nearly pulled down(might even go have a beer now)

whats the next step lol?

lol next step is fcuk off and leave it alone :D

Back