epg not working

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - seems ihave the same issue again regarding epg, normally a reflash of the box sorts it but not ths time. anyway i have a vu+duo2 with bh 3.0.3 latest i have a cable tuner, anyway i cannot download the epg anymore, when i use the autoboquetmaker thats built into the image i get all the channels and boquets but no epg on any channel. Ive configured the epg settings to download in the morning at 4am but nothing gets downloaded. i have also tried the autoboquets c2, its set up for my region, ive even insatlled the missing rytec.virgim xmtl file in the providers, ive ticked this in the xmltv providers, yet it still doesnt downlaod any epg...any ideas ?, ive even reflashed from fresh and set up again but still nothing..

So your using CrossEPG.

Why not enable the virgin epg option inbulit in your image and leave it on the EPG/PVR channel for 10 mins ?

there is no virgin epg option ?..ive looked in epg panel -epg settings - avialble providers - all providers by rytec are listed but no virgin epg in there??..unless its somewhere else..

but i have the latest firmware :Blackhole 3.0.3, build :2016-12-22 master..

That is not the latest one. Not sure if they added it, so updating wont make a differnce. Maybe try OpenBlackhole which definitely has the VirginEPG mod.

where are you saving the epg data to?

i had the same problem before when i was saving to a USB. Since i changed location to HDD, i havent had a problem since.

If you are saying to a HDD maybe save to a usb and see if that sorts it.

I was saving to hdd...Installed openblackhole how do configure the virmin epg? I was use to crossepg...also there is no hdmi-cec...?

thanks guys - openblackhole is working fine...epg for virmin is working also, its more or less same as blackhole image with less plugins etc....nice one...

Back