dm800hd se setup??

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys just got dish/box set up(I think lol) anyway box is up and running ive no channels, so into menu,setup,service searching tuner config theres a million options ive tried to scan it but finds nothing anyone any ideas??

oh its a dm800hd se a8p sim thingy;-)

cheers.

Fixed or motorised dish?

Fixed:
Simple-Single

Motorised:
Simple-Positioner
Fill in your long and lat

Should be good to go

if its fixed do as wiz says but download rats bouquet plugin install it run it then you dont even need to scan
If you need a bit of help give us a shout ;)

hi m8 its motorised,ok so if ive done that right should it be scanning atlanticbird3 (5.0w)???

sorry now its moved to intelsat (43.0w)

thanx for the quick reply m8:)

ok so its been scanning for about 30mins only 56% done 0 services found....surely that's no right is it??

I don't know if that value is total services or just on current sat.

Why not try transferring Vhannibal or Cats eye list?

no probs ill have a wee look at installing that! just to check to when box arrived would there be an image on it or do I still need to put a different one on??

when box is turned on it comes up merlin3, starting enigma 2

cheers.

no probs ill have a wee look at installing that! just to check to when box arrived would there be an image on it or do I still need to put a different one on??

when box is turned on it comes up merlin3, starting enigma 2

cheers.

Yes m8 thats an image,it will work just fine,whether you like it or not is a different matter lol,

Once the tuner is configured properly,dont forget to change your longitude from East to West,then its easier just to load a channel list,

You can then try to edit it to your liking once your happy it all works :)

dm800hd se service scan

just done a service scan on my box but came back 0 services?????

whats next lol??

use catseyes channels settings its the best ones for motorised system by a mile to be honest! :)

Re: dm800hd se service scan

I have merged your two threads as its easier to follow what steps you have taken if we keep it in one :)

just done a service scan on my box but came back 0 services?????

whats next lol??

basically catseyes is a channel list of all the satellites with the latest updates,
so you wont have to scan any satellites yourself,
its a matter of you configuring your long and lat details within the tuner settings,
then just use a program called dreamboxedit to transfer the catseyes channel list over

cheers wiz...noticed the first one got closed so opened a new one;-)

ok saj ive got dreambox edit already on computer soo ill go download catseyes list, that could be the problem at the moment configuring long/lat, ive been into multimap got my settings just not too sure exactly where there going yet;-)

cheers.

cheers wiz...noticed the first one got closed so opened a new one;-)

Ah sorry m8 thats Mick messing around again lol

Yep double check lat and long especially the east/west setting :)

lol tell mick to mess about another night im trying to get my sat up and running here;-)

ok long/lat checked where can I find catseyes??

cheers m8.

lol tell mick to mess about another night im trying to get my sat up and running here;-)

ok long/lat checked where can I find catseyes??

cheers m8.

Is there an addons plugin on that image m8?

If so there will be a "settings" option,this is what they call channel lists,no idea why lol

Have a look in there :)

EDIT: failing that here they are

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/297233/

Last edited by a moderator:

thanx had a wee look but cant see nowt:)

how easy is it to flash a new image and channels list??? cause I just scanned again but still 0 services found:-(

thanx had a wee look but cant see nowt:)

how easy is it to flash a new image and channels list??? cause I just scanned again but still 0 services found:-(

Does you tuner config screen look like mine?

screenshot_zps1de3e8c8.jpg

hi wiz yes I looks pretty much the same apart from obviously the long/lat, but looks like ive put them in right

before that page its got tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)
positioner: usals

sound about right then??

hi wiz yes I looks pretty much the same apart from obviously the long/lat, but looks like ive put them in right

before that page its got tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)
positioner: usals

sound about right then??

Yep sounds spot on,might be best to try a reflash with say "Rats backup image" and see if that works on the UK stations,then try going for the motorised ones :)

Make sure to flash the original ssl84 on afterwards before rebooting the box though ;)

Back