Dm800hd se please help

sounds more like dish needs tweaked

that image by ferret works 100% for me

double check all settings mate something not right

I dont understand "Tuner only scan certain frequencies" as it will scan what you have put in have you installed the channel lists???
there is something you are not doing that has nothing to do with tuner functionality as no matter what if you get only A SINGLE channel to view tuner is working fine. it is your channel lists it wont scan what aint there until you put in the channel list/bouquets it will not have the channels

Ok AJT can u xplain this to me then

I put the same channel list in my dm800 and all channels can be warched
When i put this very same channel list on dm800se only few channels can be watched and on others signal is not stable
Trustme i have tried everything and read alot on forums

Found many people having same problem and solved it by puting a Rev tuner instead of BCM5404 tuner

I must say thought the state in which the tuner was when i received looked not new and already been used

My tuner is bcm4505 and working perfectly. It seems you are still using your bouquet, have you actually tried an updated channel list yet ?

My tuner is bcm4505 and working perfectly. It seems you are still using your bouquet, have you actually tried an updated channel list yet ?

May be yr tuner is good tuner mine is faulty it looked not new when i oerdered it
And i have tried new bouqeuts too but still same problem
I belieive i was sold faulty tuner

Starting to look that way, can you try your old tuner with an image that has worked with your "new" one.

May be yr tuner is good tuner mine is faulty it looked not new when i oerdered it
And i have tried new bouqeuts too but still same problem
I belieive i was sold faulty tuner

My tuner is bcm4505 and working perfectly also...can you put your dm800 tuner in dm800se and see what happens they should be inter changeable.?
do you have a sunray sr4 with triple tuner?

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like a hardware issue tuner would be the first culprit. I would say check cabling or LNB and dish alignment but as you've already stated that the same channel list and equipment works on your DM800HD it means then dish,LNB and cabling must be OK.
So yout troubleshootign appears to be spot on hardware issue with your 800SE. If a new tuner doesnt fix it, try a different power supply, long shot but maybe worth a try incase the PSU is underpowering the reciever.

Starting to look that way, can you try your old tuner with an image that has worked with your "new" one.
Yes i have done already no joy so i am waiting a replacment as agreedwith the vender

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue tuner would be the first culprit. I would say check cabling or LNB and dish alignment but as you've already stated that the same channel list and equipment works on your DM800HD it means then dish,LNB and cabling must be OK.
So yout troubleshootign appears to be spot on hardware issue with your 800SE. If a new tuner doesnt fix it, try a different power supply, long shot but maybe worth a try incase the PSU is underpowering the reciever.

Yes spot on comment , i am waiting for a replacment tuner then i will update you
Thnx everyone

Updates about the tuner problem

I received the tuner today and installed it . Guess what ! It worked and i must say i have picked a comment made earlier on this thread where i had used a dreambox 800hd power cable instead . Of the one that came with SE hd .

It worked for a while and it made me feel better after all the hair pulling and going crazy about figuring out what the problem could be in the first place .

I am yet to put back the original tuner and test it with different pawer cable to see if the power cable was the only problem.

Good news pal glad your sorted, owning these boxes always a challenge but very satisfactory when all is fixed :)

Good news pal glad your sorted, owning these boxes always a challenge but very satisfactory when all is fixed :)

It was a good feeling after it came back to life but i still dint understand why sometimes the signal keeps vanishing

Any advice about a smooth running image on this clone se hd plz ?

I always used the dw images and then that pli image I posted up. Both are pli really lol. I don't know why your getting signal drops but I would check all your hardware as suggested. Cable connections can be a pain especially if you have been taking them in and out a lot. Dish alignment was my greatest hurdle and I gave up many hours climbing ladders getting things perfect.
All worth it in the end and if has become more hobby than anything, I don't watch that much tv lol.

I always used the dw images and then that pli image I posted up. Both are pli really lol. I don't know why your getting signal drops but I would check all your hardware as suggested. Cable connections can be a pain especially if you have been taking them in and out a lot. Dish alignment was my greatest hurdle and I gave up many hours climbing ladders getting things perfect.
All worth it in the end and if has become more hobby than anything, I don't watch that much tv lol.

I will have to go easy on till it is sorted

I have notices the image u have suggested is very popular
Do you suggest a clean nfi instLl ot Rat's backup
As to get oled picon , is there special picon i have to install and do i have on hd disk or usb pen

Thnx

I always use a clean install nowadays so i can set things up just so but it's just what suits you best, nothing set in stone.
As for picons on oled you need to add a file into etc/enigma2

I have upped it into downloads all credit goes to IAmATeaf for creating it
Just unzip skin user and ftp it into etc/enigma2 and picons will show

show picons on oled - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
I always use a clean install nowadays so i can set things up just so but it's just what suits you best, nothing set in stone.
As for picons on oled you need to add a file into etc/enigma2

I have upped it into downloads all credit goes to IAmATeaf for creating it
Just unzip skin user and ftp it into etc/enigma2 and picons will show

show picons on oled - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Thank very much for all ur support as well big thank you goes to who ever left a comment or helped fix tuner problem

With out this forum help my feet would still be deep in the mud of enigma
I will have a go at Rat's back up as it has all the plugins i like and if i like i will stick to it

Thank you again

As for signal deopping to zero . Unpluginf the box and let cool down for while sorts the problem out as i have read on this forum

Great forum as usual plenty people willling to help and share their intellects

Last edited by a moderator:
Back